users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Factory Reset Phone - Security Token App reset
Factory Reset Phone - Security Token App reset
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-06 22:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I just had to factory reset my phone, and I lost the stored information for the SQENIX Account Token App. Therefore, I cannot access my One Time Password. The website says that the only way to access my account is WITH the password. Since I can't access it, I have to remove my SE token with emergency removal, but now I don't remember my password. Either its not working or I don't remember what I picked.

How the heck do I get into my account if I cant 1) login without my OTP and 2) remember my removal password?

This whole process seems really poorly designed, as there is no way to fully reset my passwords without one or the other. Also, the registration password on my email is expired, so I can't even use the old one. The app itself is useless without this information.

Please advise. Thanks.
 Shiva.Apophus
Server: Shiva
user: wes
By Shiva.Apophus 2016-02-06 23:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This happened to me last year. I ended up calling customer support and had to verify a lot of information.

They reset me and I was able to start playing again right after. Just have to wait to call them if nobody else is able to assist with an alternative method.

Good luck.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-06 23:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So they are closed until Monday. Can't play until after then?
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2016-02-06 23:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI the emergency removal password is a huge string of random letters/numbers that are on your main square account page, not something you picked. If you didn't copy it down before, you'll have to call them to get it fixed.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-06 23:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That seems like a really annoying process to access this. I get the whole security thing. I just wish I knew beforehand how irritating it was if this happened. would have never used the password. Only got it for the satchel. I can go a couple days without playing , but man that is a huge pain in the ***. Why not just make a password reset function that is accessible online?

Is the emergency password shareable? In that someone else can provide me theirs to see if it works?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-06 23:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Apophus said: »
This happened to me last year. I ended up calling customer support and had to verify a lot of information.

They reset me and I was able to start playing again right after. Just have to wait to call them if nobody else is able to assist with an alternative method.

Good luck.

What kind of information did they ask? I probably need to get those rdy in case I need it >.>
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-06 23:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That seems like a really annoying process to access this. I get the whole security thing. I just wish I knew beforehand how irritating it was if this happened. would have never used the password. Only got it for the satchel. I can go a couple days without playing , but man that is a huge pain in the ***. Why not just make a password reset function that is accessible online?

Is the emergency password shareable? In that someone else can provide me theirs to see if it works?

They tell you when you set up the token, you just must have missed it. SE is no fun to deal with.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-06 23:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Man. Ok. Really stinks but whatever.

Thanks for the help anyways.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2016-02-06 23:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not sharable, everyone has their own unique one. Squares system is lame. Not much you can do but make sure you have all relevant information pertaining to your account ready when you call them on monday. (Not sure what kind of info they ask now, but in the past I've been asked for things like main characters name, birthdate, name on account, address, email, etc. They might ask for the cc number used to pay as well).

It sucks, but I've seen it take 4-6 months for people to get their account back when they were hacked, so it's probably the lesser of two evils.

Just make sure to copy that emergency removal password somewhere safe when you get your account back up and running again :p
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2016-02-07 00:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

When I lost my emergency removal password, I used the online chat support to get it removed. I was pretty surprised that it only took me like 5 minutes to get it taken care of. They only asked me a few things to verify my account. Full name, date of birth, and address.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-07 00:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you think you can provide me a link to se online chat? That would be sweet
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-02-07 00:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that it's accessible through their support. You'll have to go through a few dropdown menus, but eventually you'll get the option to use live chat.

Incidentally, I used online chat to remove the one time password junk because it was a gigantic hassle with the app token. Y
It took me about five minutes as well.

Good luck.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2016-02-07 04:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=20&la=1&p=2&c=3&sc=18

Chat support has the same hours as phone support, so you'll still have to wait till Monday. :(
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-02-07 06:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, that's garbage. So useless as well. Thanks for trying