Reisenjima T4s
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 45 46 47
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-03 15:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Haven't tried, I don't think it would work though because it's not his natural DT that is an issue, but the DT that is gained is through Raksha Stance so I don't think banish works the same way?

2) Wouldn't work, as soon as Reaving Wind is up, RIP bubbles and RIP doing any damage to it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-03 16:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
1) Haven't tried, I don't think it would work though because it's not his natural DT that is an issue, but the DT that is gained is through Raksha Stance so I don't think banish works the same way?

2) Wouldn't work, as soon as Reaving Wind is up, RIP bubbles and RIP doing any damage to it.

1. I don't know how the game considers the stance DT. It suppose it'd be worth testing tonight when we try it.

2. Can you not floor plant the bubbles near him but outside his tornado aura? I'm not 100% on the range of it/ how much of him needs to be in the bubble to be affect him.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-03 17:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

2. Can you not floor plant the bubbles near him but outside his tornado aura? I'm not 100% on the range of it/ how much of him needs to be in the bubble to be affect him.

Possibly? I know you can't if you aren't using gearswap. Personally too lazy to unload it and the rudra strategy works well enough to not bother. I don't recall the aura range being too massive though
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-22 23:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Working on another Aeonic and Albumen acted silly tonight. Leveled up twice without anyone dying basically making it unkillable. Didn't do anything different except use a RUN tank. If I had to make a guess, I'd think level ups may occur if it regens a certain amount of HP from Phaeosynethesis since they don't seem to occur at the same time of anything special happening like a TP ability or action performed on it. We've even had a level up occur while it was completely idle.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-23 00:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Working on another Aeonic and Albumen acted silly tonight. Leveled up twice without anyone dying basically making it unkillable. Didn't do anything different except use a RUN tank. If I had to make a guess, I'd think level ups may occur if it regens a certain amount of HP from Phaeosynethesis since they don't seem to occur at the same time of anything special happening like a TP ability or action performed on it. We've even had a level up occur while it was completely idle.

There you have it. We noticed this as well, if it gets that move off it will level up if you don't dispel the regen ASAP. Shouldn't be an issue if your GEO's and BLMs keep and eye out and spam dispel when they see it go off.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-04-23 01:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly? I know you can't if you aren't using gearswap. Personally too lazy to unload it and the rudra strategy works well enough to not bother. I don't recall the aura range being too massive though

If you meant you can't use the bubble positioning when you are using GS, that was fixed a while ago. But it has to be from the menu, not <stnpc>.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-23 20:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just confirming that the Schah mechanic actually exists (needing to kill adds before damaging it.) I hadn't seen any sort of verified claim so I took the liberty of testing it, death didn't break 1k even with bolster everything. It's based off of adds killed, rather than adds spawned, because it took 800 immediately and 800 even after 4 adds were up.

Also Erinys is probably even easier with 18 than with not-18
By Ruaumoko 2016-04-26 15:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Another note on Schah.

Bringing a second healer for the tank party is highly advised as there's simply too much damage and too many status ailments flying around at the start of the fight for one healer to handle.

The hardest part about Schah is really the initial stage where you take out his 'pieces'. When it's just him and the Mantri (Queen) he's surprisingly simple.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-26 15:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Another note on Schah.

Bringing a second healer for the tank party is highly advised as there's simply too much damage and too many status ailments flying around at the start of the fight for one healer to handle.

The hardest part about Schah is really the initial stage where you take out his 'pieces'. When it's just him and the Mantri (Queen) he's surprisingly simple.
Agreed. it doesn't have to be a WHM, it can be as simple as a GEO/WHM. Or even a SCH who's waiting to pop their 1 hour.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-26 15:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Another note on Schah.

Agreed. it doesn't have to be a WHM, it can be as simple as a GEO/WHM. Or even a SCH who's waiting to pop their 1 hour.

Or COR/WHM if not using leaden salute as part of death SC/MB. Since Dark matter augment can give cure potency on herc, and you can get cure potency +10 from ambuscade back piece, capping 50% cure potency on COR/WHM is very possible now. With lucky number on casters roll it's possible to cap FC and cure/-na at a speed that's comparable to real mages IMO.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-26 16:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Capped curepot as COR has been possible for a while now if you're able to swap weapon afaik. Even if you can't I count 44% curepot sans weapon, ambuscade cape, or any DM augs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-26 16:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Another note on Schah.

Only did Schah once or twice, and I don't think we got all that far as we were just dicking around with it, but I seem to recall it being pretty easy to just tank on PUP. No healer needed except for the one babysitting the super tank popper.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-26 16:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Another note on Schah.

Only did Schah once or twice, and I don't think we got all that far as we were just dicking around with it, but I seem to recall it being pretty easy to just tank on PUP. No healer needed except for the one babysitting the super tank popper.
How LONG ago was this, i heard that tanking on PUP is neigh impossible now. with the enmity changes, unless they reverted it and i didn't hear about it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-26 16:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Another note on Schah.

How LONG ago was this, i heard that tanking on PUP is neigh impossible now. with the enmity changes, unless they reverted it and i didn't hear about it.

Quite some time ago. We're casuals, but we're probably starting to do Schah again this weekend, last time we did it would have had to have been a month or two ago, maybe more? I dunno. It's been a while. What were the enmity changes?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-27 17:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot to mention this little tip for Erynis: You can get a much better idea of positioning if you dat swap the Amphiptere and Sanguiptere models with something else. Me, I went with Apkallus.

ROM/222/119 - Amphiptere
ROM/250/74 - Sanguiptere
ROM/258/87 - Apkallu
ROM/268/10 - Inguza

Also, as expected, with a Vajra, Mandalic consistently topped Rudra's except when Bolster Frailty was active.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-27 17:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Another note on Schah.

Quite some time ago. We're casuals, but we're probably starting to do Schah again this weekend, last time we did it would have had to have been a month or two ago, maybe more? I dunno. It's been a while. What were the enmity changes?

Sorry for slow reply, i Heard that the emmity changes to pup makes it impossible for PUP to hold NMs for group events. I'm not 100% on the details, but heard a few who killed AVv2 with PUP tanks can no longer do it PUP style as a result of the changes.
 Odin.Lygre
user: Dylaudid
By Odin.Lygre 2016-04-27 17:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Another note on Schah.

Sorry for slow reply, i Heard that the emmity changes to pup makes it impossible for PUP to hold NMs for group events. I'm not 100% on the details, but heard a few who killed AVv2 with PUP tanks can no longer do it PUP style as a result of the changes.

I was under the impression WoC had a special "ignore pet enmity" mechanic.
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2016-04-27 17:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lygre said: »
Pup stuff

It was only the case with WoC as we've had no issues with PUP tanking Teles for us.
By Afania 2016-04-27 19:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Capped curepot as COR has been possible for a while now if you're able to swap weapon afaik. Even if you can't I count 44% curepot sans weapon, ambuscade cape, or any DM augs.

Which gear did you get 44% from? I see

Phalaina Neck: 4%
Lebeche ring:3%
Solemnity back:7%
Mendi earring:5%
Janniston:5%
Desultor:5%
Anwig:3%

I only see 32% here, add another 13% from weapon it's only 45%. Am I missing any augmented gears that can get cure potency?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-27 19:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Taeon can get cure potency if you wanted to make a set for that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-27 19:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

^5% on Taeon, yeah. 25% visible + 7% back + 3% ring + 4% neck + 5% earring is 44%, I wasn't counting Janniston.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-27 22:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

As you can see from the image above, PUP has no issues holding the main NM. No second healer needed, he can't really even scratch the puppet.

We got through a decent number of the adds before someone accidentally hit the wrong NM and we started having issues. Doesn't really seem all that bad, but the adds do seem to come out really quick after the first wave.

Is anyone using a non-Ergon RUN to super tank adds? While we do have one, his play time is sorta erratic. I'd kinda like to get a RUN in for Gambit/Rayke on the adds to help them go down faster, but it seems like it could be an issue once the adds start double popping.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-05-01 00:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Another note on Schah.

We have yet to see Schah himself use Royal Decree or Enthrall but we have seen him use Besieger's Bane and Bannaret Charge. This leads me to suspect that he gains the exclusive TP moves of his 'pieces' as they fall and that Royal Decree unlocks when he has no pieces remaining. Enthrall is a TP move his Queen uses when she falls below 50% HP that much is certain but we have never seen Schah attempt to do it when his Mantri is alive.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-01 00:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

we have never seen Schah attempt to do it when his Mantri is alive.
We have. Royal Decree as well.
By Ruaumoko 2016-05-01 00:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

we have never seen Schah attempt to do it when his Mantri is alive.
We have. Royal Decree as well.
Okay, I stand corrected. It must be extremely rare then.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-01 00:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Certainly. We've only seen it once in all our attempts we've done.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-05 19:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait...
Albumen has a level up gimmick?

I have honest to god never seen Albumen level up. I genuinely believed i knew everything about Albumen, was the NM i was super confident in my knowledge in.
Interesting.
 Sylph.Ykfan
user: Ykfan
By Sylph.Ykfan 2016-05-05 20:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait...
Albumen has a level up gimmick?

I have honest to god never seen Albumen level up. I genuinely believed i knew everything about Albumen, was the NM i was super confident in my knowledge in.
Interesting.
I have seen it level up immediately after using Phaeosynethesis before all the 12 pops.

Hence, our group avoid popping it at night.
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-05-05 21:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We have seen Albumen level up once but we just keep it dispelled and it is no issue.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 45 46 47