Reisenjima T4s
First Page 2 ... 45 46 47
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-06 12:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't see a thread up here and the info on BG is all over the place so I figured I'd make a thread to summarize the NM kill strats so far for people who want to try it for themselves. Everyone is welcome to add info themselves and I'll update the OP

Albumen
Ashweed x3 + Void Grass x3 + Vermihumus + Coalition Humus

Erinys
Voidsnapper x3 + Ashweed x3 + Mistmelt + Scroll of Tornado

Onychophora
Void Crystal x3 + Void Grass x3 + Titanite x10 + Worm Mulch

Schah
Voidsnapper x3 + Gravewood Log x3 + Leisure Table + Trump Card Case

Teles
Void Crystal x3 + Voidsnapper x3 + Siren's Hair + Scroll of Maiden's Virelai

Vinipata
Void Crystal x3 + Duskcrawler x3 + Bone Chip x10 + Scarletite Ingot

Zerde
Void Grass x3 + Ashen Crayfish x3 + Flan Meat x10 + Black Pudding
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-02-06 12:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've read, all the babies have access to a unique 1hr. Since I'd rather not deal with Trancing Mandies, your sleep option sounds great.

Not sure if this one is vulnerable to a supertank the babies + Mewing strat or not.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-06 12:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not, they 2hr very soon after popping. One time we argued how we wanted to sleep the adds as we popped it and 10 seconds later we were wiped out by Mijin lmao
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-02-06 13:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

...ouch.

Ninja mandies are clearly a bad thing.

Thank you for the information!
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-06 14:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerde, Vinipata, Teles added. Will work on the rest later as I haven't actually beaten/fought them yet so I'll have to look through forums.

Currently working on Schah and the only thing I have to say about it is that it's really *** hard, significantly harder than Zerde/Vini/Albu. It requires really tight teamwork and communication with no mistakes. It's probably the only fight in the game that I believe needs VOIP to effectively win.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-02-06 14:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

To make Zerde even easier we actually brought a second SCH/BLM to Tab Rasa Alacrity Stun literally everything Zerde did. With Bolster Idris Languor and Bolster NQ Focus every stun landed and he didn't do anything except sit there while BLMs killed him off.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-06 14:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Good idea. I'm pretty sure you could effectively 100% lock it out like that. I wonder if Chainspell Stun would work as well, not sure if RDM has high enough dark skill.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-02-06 14:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It's probably the only fight in the game that I believe needs VOIP to effectively win.

We did it without VOIP, but much typing was to be had.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-06 14:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you do this with an idris geo ?

Damn it requires a freaking alliances to beat these. Thanks for sharing.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-06 14:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done the fights with double idris, Tyche does them with 1x? I assume Llewe probably does it with 1-2 as well.

Actually the most effective amount of members is probably around 9-12. I can't imagine doing these with an alliance because there can't be anyone who holds back the group
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-02-06 14:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

1 Idris in my group (myself) and we go with 12 usually. 13 if we need a BRD sleeper.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-02-06 14:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Quote:
I've done the fights with double idris, Tyche does them with 1x? I assume Llewe probably does it with 1-2 as well.

Ya 1x Idris for us. An alliance is a big no-no on those. It makes the fights harder and your Helix weaker. You need to tailor your setup as small as you can for best efficiency with just the right jobs. However we hadd 0 Amalric +1 pieces in the LS.

These NMs are like the secret Bosses of other Final Fantasy where you had no chance the first time you met them. You are also expected to use your full array of TMP items and rebuy it after every attempt. The commute between MMM for 2hr reset and Reisenjima will grow on you.

Hymn of these NM:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-06 14:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:

Quote:

Ya 1x Idris for us. An alliance is a big no-no on those. It makes the fights harder and your Helix weaker. You need to tailor your setup as small as you can for best efficiency with just the right jobs.

These NMs are like the secret Bosses of other Final Fantasy where you had no chance the first time you met them.

Malthar the idris geo right? Anyone else with a idris in bahamut? Lol
 Bahamut.Devilmaycry
By Bahamut.Devilmaycry 2016-02-06 14:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Altron has been our current Idris geo, Malo has not been on for a while.

Few of the kills dont require idris at all tho.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-06 16:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

^
Dunna with 900 skill and bolster was just fine at least for Zerde. It dies fast though. It would be problematic without Bolster in some longer fights. We did do worm which takes much longer without Idris too by saving one bolster until 30%.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-06 20:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Zerde, Vinipata, Teles added. Will work on the rest later as I haven't actually beaten/fought them yet so I'll have to look through forums.

Currently working on Schah and the only thing I have to say about it is that it's really *** hard, significantly harder than Zerde/Vini/Albu. It requires really tight teamwork and communication with no mistakes. It's probably the only fight in the game that I believe needs VOIP to effectively win.

Voip= voice chat? I kinda doubt JP use voice chat for their wins too. JP mmo players tend to prefer not to(or too shy to)chat with strangers. It wasn't until FFXIV endgame then they start using Skype to communicate when they found it hard to type when moving their character around.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-06 20:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. It's not impossible without it, it's just much easier with it, especially when you have multiple people multiboxing (which seems to be the case with a lot of NA groups these case, including my group)
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-06 20:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Yeah. It's not impossible without it, it's just much easier with it, especially when you have multiple people multiboxing (which seems to be the case with a lot of NA groups these case, including my group)
Timing seems extremely critical on these, I can't imagine multiboxing without considerable focus, practice, and a good control scheme using Send.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2016-02-06 23:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

@OP: Yes the 4th add is DNC. Of note also is that the main and adds also have en-effects, main has enpetrify, RDM add has enparalyze, WHM add has enslow, etc. so mages need to be on the ball.

I can't remember if add hate is wonky or not, but if can supertank: then if you don't want to deal with all that ability resetting and wiping you could bring a SMN to put earthen armor in all parties plus have the BRD put scherzo in all parties. Have everyone put MDT/MDB (shellra5 in all parties is a given) sets on for the pop and just let them do 2 hours. All mages and /mages focus on keeping the tank alive until all adds are popped.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-06 23:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, good point on enpetrify. Completely forgot how annoying it was. I haven't personally tested super tanking but I feel like I vaguely recall someone mentioning they eventually just *** off and do their own thing. If I could get confirmation as to whether super tanking works or not, I'll add it to the OP. Personally wouldn't do it myself just because that's an extra 500k+ HP added to the boss just from Benedictions
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-02-06 23:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Was planning on killing the adds on our next Albumen attempt since they're the only thing that makes the fight annoying, but
Quote:
(doesn't spawn anymore unless you kill them.)
Is there more specific info on this? Will they only respawn if the entire wave gets taken out or will they respawn with however many were killed? How soon after killing 1 or the wave will more respawn?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-06 23:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that might have actually been confused with Vinipata when I was writing it. We killed the adds on Vinipata and he immediately resummoned 1 with each TP move until he reached the maximum possible dependent on his current hp. He was still before the first Astral Flow so he only spawned 2, I assume if he AF'd 1-2 times he'd be able to resummon all 4-6.

This is pure speculation, but I think that every 2 minutes Albumen will continue to spawn 4 more adds until he reaches the 12 cap again. If you've killed 2, it should only spawn 2. I haven't tried because I only attempted it 2-3 times before I won and only stuck to the sleep->break->sleep strategy.

I'll edit it out of the OP until confirmed
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-02-07 04:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My experience with Albumen adds is that they will NOT stay glued to the popper. Also they WILL kill your PLD after a while. 12 of these f*ckers with nukes/mijin/hits killed our Burtgang PLD every time no matter what shield was used. Do yourself the favour and use the wipe > N/T Lullaby > ES Breakga > N/T Lullaby Stategy for this, it makes the fight so so much easier.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-02-07 15:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

JP post on getting Void items if your server should run out...somehow:

Voidcrystal:
Ascended Naraka
Ascended Porxie
Ascended Beetle
Ascended Faaz
Ascended Chapuli
Ascended Chigoe

Voidgrass:
Ascended Gefyrst
Ascended Cyhiraeth
Ascended Panopt
Ascended Mosquito
Ascended Luckybug

Voidsnapper:
Ascended Tiger
Ascended Mantis
Ascended Poroggo
Ascended Hippogryph
Ascended Lucani

One randomly chosen:
Heavenly Veela

On another note: We recleared Teles tonight as 18 man with 0x Idris used. 4x Death BLM, 3x PLD Tanks
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-08 04:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

^
We had some blm knockouts at one point due to hate issues but otherwise it was pretty smooth. Mute aura is annoying...
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-10 22:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Got around to doing the Sandworm tonight, will post a strat for it when I feel less tired, it's pretty straight forward, just a waiting game.

Also I suspect Teles takes a ***ton of dark damage+, my Galka BLM mule was doing 100k Deaths without Bolster, and a lot of the time didn't get 100k on WoC with bracelets/bolster. Comet may be a viable choice here too, will have to do more testing.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-11 01:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay.

Notes:

-Absorbs damage during TP moves

-Does relatively little damage, as do adds.

-Luopans soak Gorge/Disgorge damage making it a non-issue.

-Has unique TP move called Psychosis Gorge(sp?) that is an unerasable/sacrificable impact type stat reduction.

-Absorbs magic damage after casting Fire type spells below 50%, switches to absorb Physical Damage when it starts casting Earth spells

-Spawns adds after first SC, will retaliate with Doomvoid if you repeat the same SC, need to cycle some elements (not sure total amount)

-Increasing SC level causes more adds to spawn, can cycle t1 SCs.

-Main NM and babies can all Dustvoid to fully strip tank equipment, need some sort of method of immediately getting it back on so you don't die (our PLD make an equipset and macro'd it and mashed it when it did dustvoid.)

Strategy:
Source: Lyramion, Ramzus

PT1: PLD WHM SCH GEO
PT2: SCH BLM BLM BLM GEO COR
Buffs: Wizard's Roll, Tactician's Roll, Languor, Malaise, Focus, Acumen

I followed Lyra's suggestion of doing Wind->Ice->Fire->Dark->Ice-> but I'm not sure how much it matters? If possible, Wind->Ice->Dark would probably work the best as those produced the highest damage nukes. I had BLMs self storm on every single SC so I wouldn't have to deal with it. On the wind SC I had the other SCH SC, no one except me MB'd so I could get some super powered Helix off. Without Bolster/Temp I was landing 13k Helix, with Bolster+Soldier the highest I saw was 30k.

There is very relatively little damage dealt by the NM this entire fight, GEOs should theoretically be able to full time BoG bubbles until they wear off naturally, unless they have enough regen (not sure if it's even possible to fully negate?)

During the more important SCs (Wind/Dark) we'd spam dia on the NM to force it to use a TP move before going, just to guarantee not healing it since 3x Death was doing >200k damage total. The TP feed is incredibly slow on this NM so this is a guaranteed method of being able to avoid TP dmg absorption 100% of the time if you SC immediately after it goes.

However, below 50% when it starts absorbing damage based on whether it's casting fire/earth, it starts to do multiple TP moves in a row instead of just one, so do be careful of that. We opt'd out of using silence after the first 3 landed, since it appeared to use spells almost guaranteed after silence wore which disrupted the flow of the battle. I'm not 100% certain, but I think it casts spells every 30 seconds and whether it decides to use Fire or Earth is random? It does use the same element spell multiple times in a row, though. I didn't observe enough to see whether it occurs in phases or not.

If someone knows whether you can reduce the # of SC elements down, let me know. The fight can be made significantly quicker if you can even just alternate Wind and Dark, Death does a ***ton of damage to it (50kish without bolster, 100k with.)
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-11 22:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how random Teles SPs are. We've gotten Mute aura @ 79% 4 times in a row now, might favor certain ones at certain percents
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-02-13 20:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I followed Lyra's suggestion of doing Wind->Ice->Fire->Dark->Ice-> but I'm not sure how much it matters?

You mean:
Wind->Ice->Fire->Dark->Thunder->

It does absolutely matter. Whenever we did less than 5 different Skillchains we would immediatly get DOOMVOIDED (AoE Death 20yalm) after and then wipe,

Captured out Re-clear of Erinys in full length:

YouTube Video Placeholder

The Video itself is not very entertaining but it might help to get a feel for the fight.

Setup:
PLD/BLU RUN/NIN WHM/SMN SMN + THF THF BLU/THF COR/SMN GEO BRD + BST BST

All Phases - Mewing Lullaby Spam:
WHM/SMN COR/SMN and MainSMN set up a rotation to Mewing Lullaby every 15 seconds. Can also be done by 2 SMN mains of course. If done right this will prevent the NM from ever doing a TP move and thus fully prevent its Wind Aura going up.

If Wind Aura goes up it gets permanent AoE Knockback, AoE damage and access to Hate Resets and very damaging moves. All things you really do not want to deal with.

Phase 1 - Adds:
PLD/BLU and BSTs with Rolls set themself up right at the ???. PLD uses AoE Spell for hate and Invincible. GEO Bolsters + Diaga for Bubbles to grip, then BSTs Unleash zerk the adds down as fast as possible. COR tries to WC if needed. You need to make sure the adds all stay in a clump or the BST AoE will miss some of them. Once all adds are down our BSTs and PLD go idle.

Phase 2 - Main NM:
DDs will get TP only by Tact Roll. Avoid any TP feed on the Main NM. RUN/NIN takes over the tanking since a RUN can tank very TP efficient with Parry and Shadows.

BRD: 4x or 5x Minuet
COR: Tact + Chaos (we used Miser before the melee buff)
GEO: Frailty + Fury

DDs run in and SA or/and TA the NM in combination with a weaponskill. Coordinate the use of AoE TP Wing TEMPs between your alliance members. Repeat all this for 25 minutes without a messup for a win.

Alternate Strategies:
- One LS chose to not kill the adds but also Mew them tame.
- JP players have successfully supertanked the Adds with secondary tank. The problem is that adds also get access to the wind aura when the main NM reaches 50%. Trying it this way always ended up with our add PLDs death
- Killing the NMs fully relying on BSTs is also possible and has been done. We just lack the numbers/gear for it.
First Page 2 ... 45 46 47