users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Just came back after a year
Just came back after a year
 Quetzalcoatl.Midgetking
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Midgetking 2016-02-03 22:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

As stated, just came back after a year and really want to start playing again. Miss old friends and this game.

Been thinking if I should make a Burt or X-bow. Love both the jobs, but I just cant figure out what one to make to be honest. I have both relic Rng weapons @119 and a 119 Excal and 95 Aegis. 90 Ochain and both Empys for Rng @85. I have always loved Rng, but PLD has become a new Fav of this game. Can't decide. I know 99% of ppl w ill say Burt. But just wondering what ppl think?
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-02-03 22:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Midgetking said: »
As stated, just came back after a year and really want to start playing again. Miss old friends and this game.

Been thinking if I should make a Burt or X-bow. Love both the jobs, but I just cant figure out what one to make to be honest. I have both relic Rng weapons @119 and a 119 Excal and 95 Aegis. 90 Ochain and both Empys for Rng @85. I have always loved Rng, but PLD has become a new Fav of this game. Can't decide. I know 99% of ppl w ill say Burt. But just wondering what ppl think?

Build the one for the job you enjoy more.

If you're worried about the mechanics, you should wait until next Wednesday - there's a patch coming that's changing ranged damage calcs, so RNG might ascend again.

But honestly, build the one you think you'll have more fun with.
[+]
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-03 22:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Midgetking said: »
I know 99% of ppl w ill say Burt. But just wondering what ppl think?
You answered you're own question.

Honestly, make whatever pleases you. Better yet, make both.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-04 02:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

After the REM update the RNG Mythic will be godly with appropriate buffs. 30% Damage increase on a high damage light magic WS is pretty ridiculous. Very few things in this game are resistant to light magic, so you won't be running into resists like what Leaden and Wildfire have to deal with.

Physical damage might come back, but honestly the way the math works I highly doubt it'll ever be the premier damage type.
[+]