Any Linkshells Losing Their 360/PS2 Members?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Any linkshells losing their 360/PS2 members?
Any linkshells losing their 360/PS2 members?
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-02-02 11:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

March is coming fast.

I've taken an overall poll to see which of my Xbox 360 and PS2 users are transitioning to PC soon and so far only 1 is leaving the game (; ;).

Anyone else losing members next month?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-02-02 11:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
There is 0 reason for anyone on PS2/360 to leave the game.

Butthurt people just don't want to spend $20 on a Logitech USB controller for something that runs better than their consoles do.

Not everyone owns a computer Spicy. That being said, they could easily afford one that could play the game, it just actually may take effort.

I already say that most people who own a computer shouldn't. Then again I see so many people who can't download and install the game from these:

It's pathetic.
By Jadey 2016-02-02 11:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
March is coming fast.

I've taken an overall poll to see which of my Xbox 360 and PS2 users are transitioning to PC soon and so far only 1 is leaving the game (; ;).

Anyone else losing members next month?

You should pool your resources and buy this guy a $100 pawn shop laptop from 2009 - it'll run ffxi just fine.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-02 11:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If they didn't switch already, then chances are they don't care about the game that much. I mean, my dad Quilly, he was on the Xbox 360 for years. A month after the announcement was made they were dropping consoles, I got a new system and sorted him out with my old system I'd been using since 2005. (If I left it up to him he would still be on the Xbox)

If my 51 year old father can adjust to playing on the PC with a Xbox controller, ANYONE can, because he can't stand change. I really had to ensure him everything was OK, and set his controller up as close to the XBox setup as possible. Yes, it took time for him to move his macros and stuff over, yes it took a few days for him to get used to it, but even he prefers PC over the console now; especially with the added benefits you don't get from playing on the consoles.

Our old Xbox 360 gathers dust now at the side of the sofa. The only time it gets a play is if the internet goes down and he fancies playing on Skyrim or GTAV, so you can imagine how much it's been used since. Seriously, if anyone's having trouble switching over (and you don't need a "gaming" computer to run FFXI), PM me and I'll sort you out.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2016-02-02 12:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
If they didn't switch already, then chances are they don't care about the game that much. I mean, my dad Quilly, he was on the Xbox 360 for years. A month after the announcement was made they were dropping consoles, I got a new system and sorted him out with my old system I'd been using since 2005. (If I left it up to him he would still be on the Xbox)

If my 51 year old father can adjust to playing on the PC with a Xbox controller, ANYONE can, because he can't stand change. I really had to ensure him everything was OK, and set his controller up as close to the XBox setup as possible. Yes, it took time for him to move his macros and stuff over, yes it took a few days for him to get used to it, but even he prefers PC over the console now; especially with the added benefits you don't get from playing on the consoles.

Our old Xbox 360 gathers dust now at the side of the sofa. The only time it gets a play is if the internet goes down and he fancies playing on Skyrim or GTAV, so you can imagine how much it's been used since. Seriously, if anyone's having trouble switching over (and you don't need a "gaming" computer to run FFXI), PM me and I'll sort you out.

Why didn't you save the macro's to the server and then load them onto your pc......

Kylos, I have lost faith in you.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-02 15:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't going to say, but he accidentally deleted his save data. He ended up preferring it because he needed to sort them out anyways.
 Asura.Cyleena
Server: Asura
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-03 02:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

All my members play on PC, so this will not affect us. Hopefully most linkshells will not lose too many members but I think a lot of people already converted to PC.