Starting Back (again)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Starting back (again)
Starting back (again)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2016-01-30 17:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Hard to avoid Skirmish if you're not jumping straight into Escha. Skirmish gear is still one of the best, and in some cases only, options for DT gear in visible slots for most jobs prior to DT-4% augmented Reisen gear.

Onca suit is better for DD than most skirmish sets with proper items in the accessories slots.
 Bahamut.Havien
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: havienxi
By Bahamut.Havien 2016-01-30 17:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I am also a returning player looking for a new friendly LS. They are out there just got hope to find one.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-01-30 17:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Havien said: »
I am also a returning player looking for a new friendly LS. They are out there just got hope to find one.

Poke me in game, sir. ^^
 Bahamut.Havien
user: havienxi
By Bahamut.Havien 2016-01-30 17:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

As soon has i get off work and log in i'll take you up on that offer.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-01-31 10:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Re: returning players guide...

I guess I could? Anyone willing to help me with the bits I'll inevitably miss?
By Jetackuu 2016-01-31 10:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Re: returning players guide...

I guess I could? Anyone willing to help me with the bits I'll inevitably miss?

I'm fairly certain there's a few already. Too lazy to look.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-31 12:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Hard to avoid Skirmish if you're not jumping straight into Escha. Skirmish gear is still one of the best, and in some cases only, options for DT gear in visible slots for most jobs prior to DT-4% augmented Reisen gear.

Onca suit is better for DD than most skirmish sets with proper items in the accessories slots.
1) That's an Escha drop.

2) One of the best. I'll grant you it technically precludes "only", as I forgot that item, but I'm not sure it's really worth the attention/effort for a DT set...

3) Not sure I buy that? 16>10, and Skirmish -MDT augs purportedly function as -BDT as well a la Dark Ring -MDT augments. I'll grant you that it has higher def than most HQ Skirmish sets, but I'm pretty sure one could generally get more out of shuffling gear around elsewhere if going for a PDT-focused set. Guarantee you could do better for MDT sets too, the INT and MDB on Onca are mediocre. The extra -DT also gives notable wiggle room for someone who's simply trying to put together some up to date -DT sets, and slot-by-slot flexibility opens up options like Emet +1 since you specified DDs.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2016-01-31 13:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

jsut skimmed through and hre is my advice i give to rejoing member in the LS

skip sparks gear if possible its a waste of sparks imho
especiallt for DD jobs bayld +1gear seems to be better

Get a sparks or bayld weapon ( or both for dw)

start roundingg up old AF RElic and emp gear making them ready for the reforged stages

get access to yorcia wield.
join yorcia wield skirmish as book worm. ( its pretty much a leach position).
from her you will geet your first i119 gear sets and wings for i119 weapons.

thsi is offcaused based on you are in a helpfull ls and you shoudl be geread pretty faster with a decent i119 set
By Draylo 2016-01-31 19:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure I buy that? 16>10, and Skirmish -MDT augs purportedly function as -BDT as well a la Dark Ring -MDT augments

Yes 16 > 10, it doesn't matter when you are capped via other slots.
I can count the times I've worried about breath dmg on one hand. It's not only got higher DEF, its also got higher ACC and ATK and DA and other stats a DD would actually want. Not to downplay the stun resistance it has as well which is a great help against the many mobs that use stun.

Quote:
I'll grant you that it has higher def than most HQ Skirmish sets, but I'm pretty sure one could generally get more out of shuffling gear around elsewhere if going for a PDT-focused set. Guarantee you could do better for MDT sets too, the INT and MDB on Onca are mediocre.

Outside of perfectly augmenting Reisenjima gear, which is a huge time/gil sink, there really isn't. If you could put together a set that is getting more out of a DT set while meleeing I would be interested, as I use Onca currently. I've also tried things like Emet harness +1 and other options and Onca always pulls ahead which you can tell with /checkparam.