LV 75 Cap Community Where You At?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » LV 75 cap community Where you at?
LV 75 cap community Where you at?
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Striker 2016-01-25 01:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Girlfriend and I made a couple characters 3 weeks ago with the intent of them being 75 cap. Currently both 60 BLM working on rank missions to continue level cap increase. I will be making an Excal/Aegis PLD in time and we're looking for a server to move to. I've heard of a group on Asura, however I'm unsure as to what the size is of this group. There is also a group I've heard of on Odin which is 20+ people that just started. Wondering where you guys are, so we can weigh the options on which server to move to.
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2016-01-25 08:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump for the daywalkers.
By Draylo 2016-01-25 17:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Gone and dead, the lv75 days are over. I don't understand why someone would want to handicap their gameplay experiences to attempt to bring back the "old days" as if it were possible. You have all the same NMs to kill in a lvl99 environment, all remade with modern challenges. All you gain is the level 75 and less abilities/spells to play with.
 Bahamut.Aramachus
user: Aramachus
By Bahamut.Aramachus 2016-01-25 18:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

theres more than that about it draylo, some people like that and some prefer new content. No point in arguing. I play 75 too because I like levelling, getting abilities and spells, gearing up as I progress, I like campaign, I love the ToaU scene with its instances, then sea is imho the most amazing area ever, there is also limbus and that... no doubt that adoulin has great things too, but some people just like to play old content and unfortunately it is a "either - or" decision with the level gap and way of playing inbetween these contents. Its just like switching on the old snes emulator and playing secret of mana again. Great games never get old if you play them in moderation and dont try to get anywhere, just play. But its just not everyones style, and thats fine
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-01-25 18:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Level 75 is gone because of the rebalance of everything. So many things have changed (weapon skill power, magic spells, job balancing, new gear, enemy balance, etc) that even if you wanted to, it would not be the same.
[+]
 Asura.Chexmix
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2016-01-25 19:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If youre truly interested in that era there are plenty of private servers popping up for this specifically. Old friends have started on two of them that I know of. Im sure there are more.
[+]
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2016-01-25 19:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chexmix said: »
If youre truly interested in that era there are plenty of private servers popping up for this specifically. Old friends have started on two of them that I know of. Im sure there are more.
I know there are private servers for this, looking for those who actively play on the Offical servers though.
 Asura.Keja
user: Cleric
By Asura.Keja 2016-01-25 20:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Striker said: »
Girlfriend and I made a couple characters 3 weeks ago with the intent of them being 75 cap. Currently both 60 BLM working on rank missions to continue level cap increase. I will be making an Excal/Aegis PLD in time and we're looking for a server to move to. I've heard of a group on Asura, however I'm unsure as to what the size is of this group. There is also a group I've heard of on Odin which is 20+ people that just started. Wondering where you guys are, so we can weigh the options on which server to move to.

Asura's 75-cap group pretty much all transferred to Odin.
[+]
By dustinfoley 2016-01-26 13:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There just aren't enough people interesting in doing 75 onry content to maintain an active LS on 1 server.

That's why every 3 weeks there's a new thread on it, and 2-3 people say they want to do it, then you never hear from any of them again.

I'm sure there are 2-10 people on each server who would like to do it, so best of luck if it is your thing.
By Jadey 2016-01-26 13:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You should try 2007, there's a ton of them there.
[+]
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2016-01-26 14:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Keja is correct all the remaining 75 cap players from asura moved to odin a week or so ago to make a new linkshell
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-26 14:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Gone and dead, the lv75 days are over. I don't understand why someone would want to handicap their gameplay experiences to attempt to bring back the "old days" as if it were possible. You have all the same NMs to kill in a lvl99 environment, all remade with modern challenges. All you gain is the level 75 and less abilities/spells to play with.

Sometimes limiting oneself is just for challenge. Same reason why ppl try to solo BC/NM nowadays without trust all the time, when you can do that so much faster/easier with trusts.

The setup of old 75 content was very different from current lv cap. For example there are no real reason to play with apoc DRK in current endgame content unless you enjoy gimping your dmg. But you have legit reason to do that at 75 cap.

Also all the 75 cap awesome items are super easy to obtain nowadays, including R/E/M. So if you have never get a chance to try certain pt or job build at 75 cap due to the lack of gears, now it's a good chance.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2016-01-26 14:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to experience 75 cap as it was for whatever godforsaken reason, you would need to play on a private server.

The game has been changed in ways that simply not doing the Lv.80+ limit breaks and ignoring SoA, Abyssea, and the end of WotG (lol) is not going to sufficiently replicate the game 'as it was'.

If you want to just play the game at level 75... Why?
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-01-26 15:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

75 days is life
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2016-01-26 15:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cair said: »
If you want to experience 75 cap as it was for whatever godforsaken reason, you would need to play on a private server.

The game has been changed in ways that simply not doing the Lv.80+ limit breaks and ignoring SoA, Abyssea, and the end of WotG (lol) is not going to sufficiently replicate the game 'as it was'.

If you want to just play the game at level 75... Why?

I refuse.
By Draylo 2016-01-26 15:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Draylo said: »

Sometimes limiting oneself is just for challenge. Same reason why ppl try to solo BC/NM nowadays without trust all the time, when you can do that so much faster/easier with trusts.

The setup of old 75 content was very different from current lv cap. For example there are no real reason to play with apoc DRK in current endgame content unless you enjoy gimping your dmg. But you have legit reason to do that at 75 cap.

Also all the 75 cap awesome items are super easy to obtain nowadays, including R/E/M. So if you have never get a chance to try certain pt or job build at 75 cap due to the lack of gears, now it's a good chance.

Apoc DRK can be used the same way as 75, you can use it to solo things more efficiently w/o relying 100% on a trust or if you dont wanna use trust. Not sure what your example means otherwise.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-26 15:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Private servers are still a flawed imitation of the real thing from what I've seen. Too many hacks and approximations (and several variations thereof), too much content not fully/correctly implemented, too many variations on the original product - where do you draw the line? ToAU? WotG? End of 75 cap? EXP/skillup bonuses, custom NPCs or drop tables? Nevermind the fact that any private server's active population is a small fraction of any 75 cap server's population. Even the smaller servers now are much more active than any private server I know of. These differences have widespread effects on the overall community and economy of a server.

That's not to say that all of these things are inherently bad, but the authentic 75 cap experience simply doesn't exist right now regardless of where you're looking.
 Asura.Devdas
user: Lerouge
By Asura.Devdas 2016-01-26 16:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Your best bet would be to find a private server to play on and enjoy the experience there. While there are some people on the actual game that prefer playing at the lvl 75 cap the option to do level 99+ content ends up being too much of a draw for those people. They end up getting curious about all the new stuff and bam. The biggest thing I think is why would you want to pay for the "incomplete" experience of the game. I can see the people who liked the older content and did the new stuff and still preferred it and I'm all for that, hence the alternative gameplay.

Bahamut.Aramachus said: »
Its just like switching on the old snes emulator and playing secret of mana again. Great games never get old if you play them in moderation and dont try to get anywhere, just play. But its just not everyones style, and thats fine

Right... expect massively different in the fact that you are comparing single player games to a very unique multiplayer experience, You can't just decide to single player level 75 content by yourself with the level cap set not just cause it's not implemented but for most worthwhile 75 content you need at least a party.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Private servers are still a flawed imitation of the real thing from what I've seen. Too many hacks and approximations (and several variations thereof), too much content not fully/correctly implemented, too many variations on the original product - where do you draw the line? ToAU? WotG? End of 75 cap? EXP/skillup bonuses, custom NPCs or drop tables? Nevermind the fact that any private server's active population is a small fraction of any 75 cap server's population. Even the smaller servers now are much more active than any private server I know of. These differences have widespread effects on the overall community and economy of a server.

This was exactly my problem when I tried them for the 75 nostalgia. Too much stuff is changed or alternated to make the game easier. Crafting was pretty much a joke cause you could buy everything and for a lot of people being mediocre was their dream in that game with NQ gear or even gear that didn't help them at all and used the excuse that it wasn't the real game to stay that way.

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

I mean to be fair, you didn't have a real reason to play with apoc DRK at 75 either if you don't want gimped dmg. I don't know how many people now a days wake up and are like "I really wonder what it would be like to kill a colibri on a mythic lvl 75 SAM." Plus wouldn't gear that was impossible to obtain before be just as difficult for people that want to play 75 cap, short of like Dynamis I suppose, or is getting onto a level 99 job to kill Kirin so you can fight Kirin with W. Legs totally accepted?
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2016-01-26 16:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

That's not to say that all of these things are inherently bad, but the authentic 75 cap experience simply doesn't exist right now regardless of where you're looking.

I'd say we could make one. The tools for it now are plenty available to anyone. The trouble is the whole population part of that deal-- finding enough players who actually want to play it.

I've actually been playing on 75 cap private servers a lot lately and I'm actually pretty impressed with how much actually works (in comparison to WoW private servers, where almost everything is broken yet somehow have x100 more players.)

It's still pretty nice though. I got to join a level sync party in the dunes on FFEra with a friendly group of regulars there.
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-01-26 16:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Finding enough players to play the 75 days isn't an issue. Finding enough players in general who want to play on something sub-par and not official is the issue.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-26 16:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
I'd say we could make one. The tools for it now are plenty available to anyone.
Yes and no. There is an existing, publicly available code base, yes. It is theoretically possible to accurately replicate a particular period of XI's code given enough time and effort, yes. But we don't have the original server code and probably never will, and DSP &co still have their share of flaws. If making a proper replica was so easy, it'd be done already. In fact, that's hardly stopped people from trying - attempts at period-correct private servers do currently exist (the most popular such server I know of is locked to ToAU era). Still flawed though. Most things can pass muster at a quick glance, but a closer look reveals nonfunctional or badly mangled mechanics and patchwork fixes piled atop one another just to achieve the illusion of functionality.

I don't mean to understate the years and many, many hours of work that have gone into these servers, but rather to give a better view of the challenge set before them. It's taken a lot of effort just to get this far, and even the best servers have a long ways to go yet.
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2016-01-26 17:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say they are most likely trying their best to see clearly through their rose-tinted glasses.
[+]