What Would You Pay For A JP?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What would you pay for a JP?
What would you pay for a JP?
 Bismarck.Dunigs
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2016-01-23 19:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Iv heard about these a bit. What/where are they, and do those pts work. Since iv been away i havnt rly done any JP farming.

Lots of high mob-density areas in Reisenjima, a bit less since they cut back around ??? spots, but still plenty.

Well geared solo BLM can do very well with Manawall + trusts. For partying, add in a few DDs and some support and just have each DD kill their own thing. Can mollifier if you want, but usually can just have whoever popped the NM solo DD it down while everyone else keeps the actual CP chain going on NQ mobs.

Adoulin gates much more friendly for lesser geared, but has the downside of not getting silt/etc. Acuex are very good for BLM and with OK gear can start one shotting with Fire/Blizzard 5 or 6. Have to be smarter here though since mob density isn't the greatest, AoE killing too much will usually mean a broken chain down the line, and you want to chain to 100+ during campaign to take full advantage. You can usually get a good rotation going killing 1 at a time, occasionally 2.
By Jadey 2016-01-23 20:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

On jobs that can't get a steady spot in an Apex/AoE group I would probably pay a group a flat 40 million for a 0-2100 full JP carry assuming it could be done over the course of a 3-4 day period. For a job that needs to go from 1200-2100 I'd only pay around 10 million since you're already rocking a minimum of +286-321% CP bonus from gifts alone and those last 900 go a lot quicker.
 Asura.Cambion
Server: Asura
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2016-01-24 01:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dunigs said: »
I'm also pretty sure most people drag a COR along for COR roll when reporting their numbers, at least from what I see in shouts, so the drop off is pretty significant.

The numbers I posted are without a Cor, a single ring use prior to first pull, and no cape, for reference. I was the tank/puller/solo SC'r on Dnc and just used Geo, Healer, and 2 Blm.
5M/Hr. Adding a Cor to the mix as a SC partner+Cor Roll pushed us to over 6M/Hr. 4m/Hr was fairly easy to maintain. 3m/Hr is a bad party IMO, so I feel it's a safe baseline for charging, as I'd be confident I could exceed it consistently.

Realistically, I'd just shout to sell 100JP for 2~3M, tell them it takes roughly an hour, and not bother with any other semantics. First JP is free, and then add 100 to the listed total in chat log, so there's no disputes, simple and easy to track.
By Damane 2016-01-24 05:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

the idea is neat but not very practical. Abyssea benefit from the fact that you needed only 2 to get the FC going and could fill the 16 other spots with paying customers.

for JPs you are kind stuck @max 6.
 Carbuncle.Rasalgethi
Server: Carbuncle
user: Hercule
By Carbuncle.Rasalgethi 2016-01-24 09:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think i'll never pay for this, but if I should i'd say

10k / JP during the double CP campaign (~ 1m /hour)
20k / JP outside the double CP Campaign

And as you said, that's not lucrative for the dealer, and that's perfect as it, SE maked this system to stay as it i think.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-24 14:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Damane said: »
the idea is neat but not very practical. Abyssea benefit from the fact that you needed only 2 to get the FC going and could fill the 16 other spots with paying customers.

i havnt tried it, but i thought the escha areas didnt suffer from party penalty. Does this not apply to alliances?
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2016-01-24 15:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Damane said: »

i havnt tried it, but i thought the escha areas didnt suffer from party penalty. Does this not apply to alliances?

The 7th member lowers CP significantly, making 7 people a complete waste of time.
[+]
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2016-01-24 15:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I made (most of) my relic basically off of powerleveling people in Abyssea before Legion came out. I started just farming cruor for blinker money with a duo, me on BLU and the puller on THF or NIN, and people asked me if they could leech. So, eventually I cut the fat learned to solo pull with /rdm and charged people 1m per 30-99. Some people talked me down to 800k when I was having trouble filling spots to 18 in the alliance. It took me about 8 hours then, with my mediocre Charged Whisker build, and all I did was watch Entourage while my hands mindlessly pulled and killed dozens of mobs.

Eventually RMT caught on to this and drove prices into the ground (ended up being like 400k for a slot, around 6.4m for 8 hours) where I found just farming Dynamis/Salvage/Voidwatch currency to be more worth my time even though I had to stay engaged(ish) for those activities so I couldn't watch TV shows and movies at the same time.

So if you cut the fat as much as possible and bring as little people (or duoboxes) as you can, lets say you can make 50JP an hour with 2 people(I have no idea what is actually possible here) and find a way to fill 4 slots of people to make 2m an hour you'd have to charge 100k per JP. That really doesn't sound worth your time, nor worth the gil for the JP.

I think, if you really consider doing this as a viable money making method, you shouldn't charge per JP. Instead, charge per 100 JP and figure out how long it takes you to solo/duo people to that amount of JP.

Edit: also, someone mentioned that not creating issues was vital to previous powerleveling methods. I myself found a spot where people didn't often cleave mobs or spawn NMs at the time, so using dragons/puks right now would probably get you in trouble.

TL;DR: 8 hours = roughly 16mil powerleveling people to 99 in Aby era. I think it's fair to want about 2m an hour for your work.
By Davorin 2016-01-24 21:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having trouble understanding the comparison of an estimated price/hour from over five years ago, in an alliance, to the price/hour/JP of something now, in a six man party.
By geigei 2016-01-24 23:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant really compare jp with abyssea where you had 16 customers, in the best scenario you're using 4 people for kills and 2 leeches and cant 4box either so need to split between 2. Those 2 need to have very good gear and since they dual box they also have some good alternative to make gil, 5mil/hr is what most gain now with mules so they have to charge more to make jp farm worthwhile.

Also fresh character will gain low cp points, even lower if he doesnt have random bonus so how do you handle jp price? you might spend 2hrs to get someone 100jp, not even someone brain damaged will spend 2hrs for 1mil gil (10k/jp). 100k/jp and maybe someone will do it.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-25 12:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

dont suppose anyone on odin is offering a jp/slit farm, or geas fete clears, or even abj drops off certain geas fete nms? Having goals i want done before the end of march and its already almost feb and im still a couple weeks away from being able to return more fully.
By billnes 2016-01-25 21:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Titanfoo said: »
What would people pay for 1 job point?

Some people don't love the mindless grind, and some people like to get paid. I'm curious what everyone thinks a fair price would be for a JP.

I'd only feel comfortable buying Job Points from an official Square-Enix store. If SE decided to sell a pack of 5 Job Points for US$12.50 ($2.50 each), I'd bee cool with that. It would be nice if you could pay for them with your existing Crysta balance.

Uncle Bill
Long Island, New York

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2016-01-25 21:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

12.50 for 5 job points!? That is robbery lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-01-25 22:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Cant really compare jp with abyssea where you had 16 customers, in the best scenario you're using 4 people for kills and 2 leeches and cant 4box either so need to split between 2. Those 2 need to have very good gear and since they dual box they also have some good alternative to make gil, 5mil/hr is what most gain now with mules so they have to charge more to make jp farm worthwhile.

Also fresh character will gain low cp points, even lower if he doesnt have random bonus so how do you handle jp price? you might spend 2hrs to get someone 100jp, not even someone brain damaged will spend 2hrs for 1mil gil (10k/jp). 100k/jp and maybe someone will do it.

1-2 well geared Beastmaster can absolutely carry 4-5 other people. Believe me, we do it quite frequently. Ideally, you do it during the gain exp campaign. You can cap sparks 2-3, maybe 4 times during gain exp if people are on their ***. In that time you can make between 200jp - 400jp total, depending on bonuses(IT really does vary that much).

In that instance, you just charge them 1mil for every time they cap sparks. Probably won't be capping more than three times with one Beastmaster, and even then people will have to haul *** between sparks vendors, npcs and the camp. Unlikely, but you can do 2.5 realistically. So presume everyone gives you 2.5mil for four hours of work, you make 12.5mil not including yourself, or 3.125mil an hour not including yourself.

The beauty of it is that basically the "leeches" are out no money, since they are making money from sparks anyway. And lots of people do the gain exp event ANYWAY to cap sparks as many times as possible, so chances are you are doing it anyway. People get JP on jobs that they can't get parties on, you get gil from the sparks that you earned for them anyway. It's pretty damn fair.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-26 10:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
n that instance, you just charge them 1mil for every time they cap sparks. Probably won't be capping more than three times with one Beastmaster, and even then people will have to haul *** between sparks vendors, npcs and the camp. Unlikely, but you can do 2.5 realistically.

i havnt had the opportunity to do this yet, but when i bought holy swords with sparks for pop items, it only let you do this one item at a time. Then you had to go through the whole menu again to get back to the item. - So how would they do this in a hurry? Seems like no matter what your going to take forever selecting your item to npc.
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-01-26 12:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

With room I can buy all my shields in about 5 min. Once you do it over and over it gets easier with muscle memory.I then use accolades to buy keys, what else can I use accolades on to make gil?
 Bismarck.Dunigs
Server: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2016-01-26 12:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You can use an addon, Bryth posted one on BG a while ago for shields, and you can easily mod it for specific items (I did a handful of different low end stuff for skilling up Alchemy) if you have a basic understanding of what's going on. Talk to NPC>hit escape>addon modifies the packet to tell the game you bought a certain item (so it charges you accordingly, this isn't an exploit).
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-01-26 15:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I used that back in the day for blinkers iirc.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-01-26 17:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd charge based on the number of mobs killed. No worrying about CP bonuses or slacking on the job, and the moochers can get their gifts while I poop.

Or charge nothing for friends and well-wishers, 'cause why not.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-28 21:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

slightly shifting topic. Hopefully in maybe twwo weeks ill be back more. What are some good ways for a bst to get some JPs solo; starting from 0