What Would You Pay For A JP?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What would you pay for a JP?
What would you pay for a JP?
First Page 2
By Titanfoo 2016-01-23 01:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What would people pay for 1 job point?

Some people don't love the mindless grind, and some people like to get paid. I'm curious what everyone thinks a fair price would be for a JP.
[+]
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2016-01-23 01:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That has BAN written all over it !!!
By Titanfoo 2016-01-23 01:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

People have paid for Merc services since this game has existed, I'm just curious what would be reasonable lol
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-01-23 01:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I would pay nothing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Diavolo
Server: Cerberus
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2016-01-23 02:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Offer large amounts of JP and watch the interest jump.
By Titanfoo 2016-01-23 02:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If it was in Escha you could also get silt o_O

100 JP's + silt for augments, and vorseals? = ???
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-23 02:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

10,000 Gil per JP.
 Fenrir.Surgator
Server: Fenrir
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2016-01-23 03:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i would pay 1 M for a jp player to make my JP capped!
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-01-23 03:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone on my server offered 200k per JP.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-01-23 03:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lordoftheseven said: »
That has BAN written all over it !!!

A few legitimate players, as well as RMT made bank by powerleveling afk people to 99 and SE left them alone. The key, if there is a key, is to stay out of other people's way so that you're not getting gm's called on you, but I doubt it even matters. RMT during abyssea had become almost friendly with players, offering deals for repeat customers.

There were also plenty of cases of worm parties of charging people to afk and a few cases of people charging lowbies to key lol.

- - -

Rather than trying to price per jp, you need to evaluate how many JP you/your boxes can earn in an hour for someone who isn't jp capped and assume nq aptitude mantle. Then consider what that hour is worth to you and charge based on that. Once you have an average, you price per hour, I'd say, with a guarantee that the person will earn X JP.

As someone else said though, if this is something you're doing in Escha, silt/vorseals/sparks/accolades are all a side-benefit to the customer.
By fonewear 2016-01-23 08:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Someone on my server offered 200k per JP.

Honestly that isn't a bad deal if you play certain jobs it is damn near impossible to get in apex parties.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-01-23 09:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought this was going to be a thread about buying a Japanese :/
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-23 09:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
I thought this was going to be a thread about buying a Japanese :/

I'd pay tree fifty for a Japanese woman !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2016-01-23 10:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I would pay the same amount for a Japanese woman as I would for a Klondike Bar.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-23 10:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Rather than trying to price per jp, you need to evaluate how many JP you/your boxes can earn in an hour for someone who isn't jp capped and assume nq aptitude mantle. Then consider what that hour is worth to you and charge based on that. Once you have an average, you price per hour, I'd say, with a guarantee that the person will earn X JP.

As someone else said though, if this is something you're doing in Escha, silt/vorseals/sparks/accolades are all a side-benefit to the customer.

Good point. Ppls job point accumulation could vary greatly based on what ki's and equipment they have or dont have.

As someone thats currently not active because im getting rdy to move again, but still wants to get certain thing done before the end of march, this service could come in handy. (as well as some ru-ann t1-t2 clears so i can pop mobs for abj's)

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
10,000 Gil per JP.
more gil then id like to spend tbh. But i could see doing that if it were in escha where i would be gaining slit as well.
By fonewear 2016-01-23 10:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

10,000 gil per JP would be a steal of a price.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-23 11:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't go much higher than that. 20k or so if I really wanted some JP and couldn't get it any other way.
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2016-01-23 12:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming Campaign, and starting with 0 JP, Apex Crab, 3m/hr is what I'd expect a leech to acquire.
That maths out to exactly 100JP/hr.
At 10k each, that's only 1M gil per hour or 200k per person.
So... Not worth the time, unless you actually need the JP yourself, but if you need JP yourself, I'd rather get a real 6th and increase my CP/HR by nearly double than make 200k, but that's just me.

I've exceed 5M/hr with 5 people once you're about halfway capped which would be 160JP/Hr, 1.6M or 333k per person.
For me to consider it worth my time, I would need to get at least 20k per JP, or simply shout to sell 100JPs for 2M. I'd probably still want more, because if you can offer 100JP in 1 hour, the draw increases exponentially, because of how much quicker you could potentially cap a job.

Just my .02 as someone who has considered selling them in the past.
By geigei 2016-01-23 13:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt sell for less than 10mil/hr.
By fonewear 2016-01-23 13:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of wasting time who wants to kill apex crabs with me for 8 hours !

Honestly when it comes down to it isn't FFXI just a waste of time to begin with ?
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-23 13:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
I wouldnt sell for less than 10mil/hr.
and youd probably be playing alone'
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-23 13:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cambion said: »
Assuming Campaign, and starting with 0 JP, Apex Crab, 3m/hr is what I'd expect a leech to acquire.
So... Not worth the time, unless you actually need the JP yourself, but if you need JP yourself, I'd rather get a real 6th and increase my CP/HR by nearly double than make 200k, but that's just me.

I've exceed 5M/hr with 5 people once you're about halfway capped which would be 160JP/Hr, 1.6M or 333k per person.
For me to consider it worth my time, I would need to get at least 20k per JP, or simply shout to sell 100JPs for 2M. I'd probably still want more, because if you can offer 100JP in 1 hour, the draw increases exponentially, because of how much quicker you could potentially cap a job.

i would assume the person offering this to be doing it solo. Easier to get one person for a designated time/amount then 5. Even back in the early FC pts, there were plenty of wars that couldnt even get a second player rdm to go with them. (When that was needed for the buffs.)
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-01-23 14:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just do like most people did to the RMT: Overcamp them until they are forced to invite you, move, or leave. Lolz.
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2016-01-23 14:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Asura.Cambion said: »

i would assume the person offering this to be doing it solo. Easier to get one person for a designated time/amount then 5. Even back in the early FC pts, there were plenty of wars that couldnt even get a second player rdm to go with them. (When that was needed for the buffs.)

It's fairly simple to find a healer and 2Blm. The only difficult task would be finding a Geo. And by offering them 200k/hr I assume it would hasten the shouting process. If you really want to be greedy, you could just split it 50/50 with the Geo if you have a friend.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-01-23 14:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

All you'd need is two- a self-chainer (SCH, SAM, BLU) and a BLM.

Anything else can be done by trusts, and crabs melt to mages.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dunigs
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2016-01-23 15:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
All you'd need is two- a self-chainer (SCH, SAM, BLU) and a BLM.

Anything else can be done by trusts, and crabs melt to mages.

In my experience even doing 1 SC per pull will have SCH slowing down kill speed by a lot, even with 550 gift unless you're twiddling your thumbs a bit between pulls. I'm also pretty sure most people drag a COR along for COR roll when reporting their numbers, at least from what I see in shouts, so the drop off is pretty significant. I tend to lose about 1-1.5m per hour solo when I don't have the extra COR available to me, and with rings wearing off so easily you can't depend on trusts to even use an NQ roll.

Personally I'd avoid Apex entirely and just do BLM things in Reisen/Adoulin Gates. Should easily have better/equal success than a majority of pick-up CP groups and would allow you to consolidate the gil without crippling the time it takes you to deliver the finished product.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-01-23 15:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
10,000 gil per JP would be a steal of a price.

i'd pay probably 30k per jp
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-01-23 17:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make it a sliding price, Use of rings and cape + how ever many +% you get from quest/missions vs having none. Slower the Jp the more they cost to get start with 50k per 1, lower as they speed up. So with rings back and max %+ bonus 30k or less would be ideal unless you are a grinder and want 100~500 per session, then bulk deal the price. can see a min of 20 an hour, and not capped but near 100+ an hour in apex with viable cor rolls ring cape etc for a leech spot.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-23 18:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dunigs said: »
Personally I'd avoid Apex entirely and just do BLM things in Reisen/Adoulin Gates.

Iv heard about these a bit. What/where are they, and do those pts work. Since iv been away i havnt rly done any JP farming.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2016-01-23 18:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

30k sounds reasonable. Would be nice to go do RL while you get JPs!
First Page 2