Anyone Selling Tartarus Platemail / Bushin Abj?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Anyone selling Tartarus Platemail / Bushin abj?
Anyone selling Tartarus Platemail / Bushin abj?
By ySoCereal 2016-01-20 12:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a lot of time to commit to a LS but have made a good bit of money from crafting so happy to pay what's fair for the drops if anyone can provide.

Ideally on Bahamut.

Thanks
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-01-20 13:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering the fact I've been running Vagary events since the summer and STILL have not seen a single platemail drop from Plouton, you should be expecting to pay at least 200M for a Platemail. Hell, it would probably be higher, maybe like 500m? 200m would be a steal. Do you understand how rare that platemail is?? It's stupidly rare. I can't imagine anyone trying to sell one to you.
By ySoCereal 2016-01-20 13:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's rare, but I've made A LOT of money from crafting :)

Happy with the Bushin though which is more accessible if anyone can help there.
By ySoCereal 2016-01-20 13:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I've also got a pair of Jinxed Gages to work with or can pay gil.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-01-20 13:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not really about how much money you have. You could have 100 billion gil, but it's SOOOOOO rare that someone being able to sell one to you is ridiculous. I've known players who have killed Plouton hundreds of times with no drop. You could offer someone enough gil to make ten mythics, but it's not going to make the platemail drop any more than it does; which is never.

You've got more chance of getting one in the mog bonanza, or from the double drop during a Vagary campaign. Most of the platemails you see dropped from the Random choice reward (ward key items) during the latest Vagary campaigns. Only 1% (probably lower) of those platemails would have dropped from Plouton directly.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-01-20 14:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll get the Platemail as long as I'm in the alliance.

Just sayin'.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-01-20 14:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll find a buyer! Don't give up! I was doing a couple runs of Vagary and there was a tag-a-long just in case the platemail dropped. It's not like it costs a lot of money to make Vagary pop either. Costs a measly 100K IF that and a little bit of time, in fact, I'm sure you'd make at least 10M total farming a Body pop not to mention if you brought even 1 extra person for a clear (a few more mil). If I had the man-power I'd help you no problem, it's not like there's much else to do anyways at this point in the game after one has cleared the new zones. Good luck!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-01-20 14:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The only people that are going to answer you negatively are either jealous, jealous, or....jealous! Most likely tried to get one themselves or are currently trying to get one for someone else and can't. Good luck to all regardless! ;)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-01-22 07:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
The only people that are going to answer you negatively are either jealous, jealous, or....jealous! Most likely tried to get one themselves or are currently trying to get one for someone else and can't. Good luck to all regardless! ;)
Or they just have some semblance of reality. The platemail is so rare that even being willing to pay excessive amounts of money isn't going to make it easier for someone lacking time to get it. Because you still have to physically be there for the runs to lot it if it drops which will take a lot of time. Unless you are willing to give the seller your account details so they can log in as you when you aren't there and spam runs all day.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-22 08:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Considering the fact I've been running Vagary events since the summer and STILL have not seen a single platemail drop from Plouton, you should be expecting to pay at least 200M for a Platemail. Hell, it would probably be higher, maybe like 500m? 200m would be a steal. Do you understand how rare that platemail is?? It's stupidly rare. I can't imagine anyone trying to sell one to you.

200 mil are you insane ?
 Asura.Cyleena
Server: Asura
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-01-22 13:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

We have gone like 0/500 Plouton kills and not seen a T. platemail, and that is with thf with us as well on most those kills. Maybe even more then 500. Our ls got first T. platemail from turning KI in. That seems the best way to get it. lol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-01-22 16:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

200 mil are you insane ?

I did correct myself in my own paragraph .. so no, not insane, just someone who didn't think, and then suddenly did think and corrected it. Now I've thought about it for a few more seconds, 500m isn't enough either.

And to respond to Cyleena, same thing with us. VagarySpeaking has been doing runs since the summer and so far we've had five platemails (four to ls members, one to an outside player), two of those went to a husband and wife (crazy odds), and all five dropped during the Vagary Campaign. We got four platemails in the first campaign, but only one in the recent campaign.

It's possible to get platemail outside the campaign from random choice, but it's extremely rare. Not as rare as it actually dropping from Plouton though. Only one of our pearlsacks has got a platemail so far, while myself, Tidis, and Quilly (the three guys who actually want it) still don't. But it's fine because we get to help others get their clears while we continue our quest.

By the way, no one is "hating" or "jealous" because we don't have one. Quite the opposite, I didn't make my Vagary LS to get a platemail, I made the ls to get people their clears without having to pay stupid amounts of gil for something they could clear themselves with a nice bunch of people. I never expect the platemail to drop, I never hope, and I don't hate anyone else who has one. They got lucky, I didn't, that's not enough reason to be jealous.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-01-22 16:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say it's necessarily that common from the campaign, personally done 248+ turnins between characters during campaigns and never seen one(ctrl-f'ed the turnin text across my logs). Note that these turn-ins were for mats/etc, so only the single chance, I didn't pick random from the dvergr.

Perhaps most of the mails people see are from the 'random' slot, not the 'campaign' slot. Also a lot of visual bias, because in a run through of 5 kills you see up to 18 people get a chance from the reward and only one plouton.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-01-22 16:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I wouldn't say it's necessarily that common from the campaign, personally done 248+ turnins between characters during campaigns and never seen one(ctrl-f'ed the turnin text across my logs). Note that these turn-ins were for mats/etc, so only the single chance, I didn't pick random from the dvergr.

Perhaps most of the mails people see are from the 'random' slot, not the 'campaign' slot. Also a lot of visual bias, because in a run through of 5 kills you see up to 18 people get a chance from the reward and only one plouton.

In my experience (from the five we've had), only one of those dropped from the original random slot (the top one), while the rest were from the campaign slot. Of course it's still rare, just not 0/500+ rare. Also I can't remember the exact number, but I think 1-2 of our Platemails dropped in the campaign slot after they picked a synth material.
 Asura.Cyleena
Server: Asura
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-01-22 18:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

200 mil are you insane ?

I did correct myself in my own paragraph .. so no, not insane, just someone who didn't think, and then suddenly did think and corrected it. Now I've thought about it for a few more seconds, 500m isn't enough either.

And to respond to Cyleena, same thing with us. VagarySpeaking has been doing runs since the summer and so far we've had five platemails (four to ls members, one to an outside player), two of those went to a husband and wife (crazy odds), and all five dropped during the Vagary Campaign. We got four platemails in the first campaign, but only one in the recent campaign.

It's possible to get platemail outside the campaign from random choice, but it's extremely rare. Not as rare as it actually dropping from Plouton though. Only one of our pearlsacks has got a platemail so far, while myself, Tidis, and Quilly (the three guys who actually want it) still don't. But it's fine because we get to help others get their clears while we continue our quest.

We have been doing Vagary since it came out, and did it tons for event when it was newer content. We still do it during campaigns but not as much as we used to do. Spamming it back when it was new made people kinda burned out on it. Not to mention the fact that most drops are meh from it besides high value synth mats, and the ever evasive T. Platemail. We have had members get 3 T. Platemail from turning ki in, and 2 from members winning rank 3 bonanza prize from mog bonanza. So far no luck from actual Plouton dropping it for us even with thf 10 and higher on most kills.
By fillerbunny9 2016-01-22 20:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

my shell has gotten it to drop once. the other person in my LS who managed to get it got it from the "random" item KI turn in. considering its rarity, I am shocked SE made it only Rank 3 instead of 2 with Defending Ring (which let's face it, is more common than T. mail).
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-01-23 10:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I got mine through non-campaign random choice, and so did another person in my LS.

We've decided that Tarumail only goes to people who mainly GEO events.
By fillerbunny9 2016-01-23 13:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
I got mine through non-campaign random choice, and so did another person in my LS.

We've decided that Tarumail only goes to people who mainly GEO events.

that WOULD explain why I got it, yes.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-01-23 13:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Only one of our platemails went to a full-time GEO. So I guess we're the exception. :p