Just A Few Questions From An Extremely New Player.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Just a few questions from an extremely new player.
Just a few questions from an extremely new player.
By LyriaDD 2016-01-17 09:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only recently started playing this game in earnest and I decided on BLU as my "main" class and there are a few things I was wondering about,

1. Is it worth it to buy the Wayfarer (MAB set) Sparks of Eminence set for a starter framework for a cleave set in addition to the melee focused set?

2. Do the Escha Ru'aun Aern's use Disseverment?

3. What should I be using weapon skill wise until I can get CDC? I was led to believe Sanguine blade is more MAB focused but I could have misunderstood? If so what should I be using?
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2016-01-17 10:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

1) if thats the best you can get for now then it's better than nothing!

2) you would have an easier time learning it from the ones in al'taieu but also BLU leans heavily on magic spells instead of physicals and uses spells like disseverment only for the accuracy bonus (for melee/ws)

3) savage blade or requiescat. sanguine is alright when you gear for it but a decent amount of mobs resist it
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-01-17 11:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

first off i know very little about blu, but i know a place for you to find it, if you click on recent forums find the beast within they can answer everything you gotta know.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-01-17 11:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll be better served by Shneddick and Weatherspoon +1 pieces bought with Bayld than the spark armor. (Even certain 109 BLU RF pieces will give you better results than the spark gear... Like empy hands, for instance, having that large MAB on them. Spark gear is literally bottom of the barrel...)

Not only that, but things like the bodies make excellent WS bodies until you get better pieces.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Bori
Server: Valefor
user: valebori
By Valefor.Bori 2016-01-17 12:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to ffxi, also yes the aern mobs in escha can use disseverment, have not played blu since i99 when it leaned more on physical spell spamming. I wish you the best of luck!
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-01-17 12:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You can always get both sparks sets for now but they really do suck so try not to use them for that long. There are pieces from WKR the ilvl 115 pieces that will be better like Colkab/Kumhau legs, Tchakka/Hurkan head, Yumcax hands and the sword from Achuka. You can also augment these pieces with RoE KIs, I think it's those KIs it's been a while since I last played, you get from beating them. The Occasionally attacks twice augment is very good and you can get an extra 15 acc if you need it.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-01-17 12:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Disseverment is only used by aerns with daggers. Brd, thf, blm. They won't show you their weapon until you pull them though. So if you pull an aern that has a sword, polearm or an axe you can just kill it. I don't know how escha aerns are but I wouldn't imagine they would work any differently.