Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Divinator
Divinator
By dustinfoley 2016-01-16 19:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the best place to farm this / divinator 2?

I see that FFXIDB lists AA/divine might, and bg wiki lists tenzen and a few other fights.

Just want to make sure it can drop from tenzen before i spam it
 Siren.Obysuca
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-01-16 19:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Supposedly it can drop from any of them, but I went 1/151 to get mine. Anything below D/VD and you'll have to have the best luck in the world to see it drop. Which a fight like Tenzen, you'll have to hope it drops over the 6? 7? other drops from that fight. The RNG is extremely strong with this, seeing as I got divinator 2 in under 30 tries, but took to 151 to get divinator.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-01-16 20:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouryu V2 (d) dropped pretty often for us. I went 1/2 on mine there... after that, we got maybe 3 more in about 10 or so runs total.
By fillerbunny9 2016-01-16 22:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw many drop when we used to spam DM.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-01-17 13:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

DM is definitely the way to go for best odds, as you get 5 shots at it per run. Purely eyeballing it from a decent amount of experience doing all of the high tier fights/DM, but it also seems you see Divinator/Seraphicaller noticeably more in DM than the other high tiers. Not sure how the loot pools work exactly but the pet ammo/ranged items might share their own slot separate from the other drops, which would explain this.

Downside to DM is that it requires more help from actual players, and depending on setup you can spam the others solo or at the very least extremely lowman.

If DM isn't viable for you, I'd strongly suggest targeting a high tier you want other drops from anyway. Ouryu in particular is great for PUP, Domesticator's Earring is fantastic... I had to spam this fight enough for the earring that I probably saw 5 Divinators drop (continued to drop with my mule also in party) in the time it took to get the ear. Puppet in Peril for Pratik Earring isn't a bad choice either. Or if you or friends are after stuff for other jobs, spam those (Tenzen has Ginsen and MB waist, etc.)
 Bahamut.Badstreak
Server: Bahamut
user: Streak
By Bahamut.Badstreak 2016-01-19 14:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems very rare. I solo Ouryu and Puppet in Peril several times a week on Normal and I have yet to get anything after dozens of wins...

No Domesticator's Earring, no Pratik Earring, no Divinator II...