users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Echad ring exp bonus not doubling
Echad ring exp bonus not doubling
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Striker 2016-01-11 19:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

"Chain Experience Bonus Campaign - PLUS!
Earn from double to three times the normal amount of experience from experience chains. Not only that, but the maximum benefit of Dedication from items will be doubled during the campaign!"

I just leveled 1-33 burning up 2 charges of Echad ring, which totals 118kish exp. If the bonus of each Echad ring was doubled I would have gotten 120k bonus from those alone. Empress band is working on double though.
 Sylph.Aeo
Server: Sylph
user: Aeolus
By Sylph.Aeo 2016-01-11 20:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a mechanism in place to keep you from gaining more than one level on any single kill. I'm not 100% sure how it works but it's something like... if you need 500 to lvl 1 and then another 1000 to lvl 2, you can only gain the 500+999. So that might have reduced the amount you gained?

Or it is just broken...
[+]
 Asura.Krystela
Server: Asura
By Asura.Krystela 2016-01-11 20:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Striker said: »
"Chain Experience Bonus Campaign - PLUS!
Earn from double to three times the normal amount of experience from experience chains. Not only that, but the maximum benefit of Dedication from items will be doubled during the campaign!"

I just leveled 1-33 burning up 2 charges of Echad ring, which totals 118kish exp. If the bonus of each Echad ring was doubled I would have gotten 120k bonus from those alone. Empress band is working on double though.
There might be a cap, I noticed that with Capacity points, I can't get past a certain amount at some point, I think it was 65k ( I havent CP for a while).
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-11 20:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The 16-bit cap that occurs when CPing is only a display cap.
By Fynlar 2016-01-21 08:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Late to the party here, but rings on this campaign didn't actually get doubled here like they said they would :/ My Trizek rings are still only lasting for 50k capacity points (20k earned normally + 30k from the 150% bonus) which is exactly how long they last outside of the campaign. I haven't bothered testing any EXP ring but I would assume they are similarly unaffected.

That being said, yes, you cannot gain more than one level per batch of earned EXP (any sort of "character gains # experience points" message in the log counts as one batch). Therefore the only sort of time you can gain two levels from one kill is if the kill also ended up clearing a RoE objective, because that technically counts as two batches of earned EXP.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-01-21 08:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Or. It could be like the WKR double Bayld Campaign. Where the amount we get per kill is doubled, but the actual cap is the same.
By Fynlar 2016-01-21 10:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well no, in the past the total amount of bonus you could get from the rings was doubled, like they said here (so a Trizek ring would last for 100k capacity points, 40k earned normally + 60k from the 150% bonus).

It's just that the last EXP/CP campaign they took that away for some reason, and then in this one they said they brought it back (even using the exact same "Not only that, but the maximum benefit of Dedication/Commitment from items will be doubled during the campaign!" blurb that they did before when they were being doubled)... but actually didn't.