Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Unity Leader Shirt effects
Unity Leader Shirt effects
By maxdecphoenix 2016-01-10 05:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

had some spare accolades, so i picked up one of these for Apururu the other day, and my inquisitive nature took over, so I equipped it and went outside and summoned her. I noticed that she gave a different salutation from her typical ones, indirectly mentioning having the shirt equipped: "Well, get a look-wook at you! Let's make this week a bright one!"

Has anyone notice any difference in behavior/abilities? I dicked around doing some observational tests but i couldn't discern that there was any obvious effect from summoning her with the shirt on, and i tried to scour through the JP sites and see if they noticed anything, but it was fruitless search. It's likely just cosmetic, though I invite folks to experiment and respond. I just find it curious that SE bothered coding in new salutations, particularly because of the *method* they used to implement the check.

Whether she uses the 'shirt salutation' or not isn't actually based on if the shirt is equipped or not. i.e. you can have the shirt equipped, but if you're lockstyled in another body piece, she won't use the 'shirt' salutation. On the flip, if you're lockstyled in the Unity shirt, she'll use the 'shirt' salutation, whether you actually equip the Apururu Unity Shirt for her summoning or not. I found that an odd way to implement something and somewhat out of character for SE. Just begs the question why did they implement it based of the appearance of the gear, instead of whether the gear was equipped or not, and why go through the hassle if it doesn't do anything besides the extra chat.(duhn duhn duuuuuuuuuuuhn!)

Just passing it along though, not read anything about folks trying/seeing anything. Can update the various trust pages on the two wiki's at the very least.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-01-10 07:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you try standing NW on a full moon on darksday?
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-01-10 11:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've done:
  • There's no +stat.

• There's no status effect icon.

• There's no change in the Trust's abilities or functions.

• There *could* be a +stat boost to the trust... but it's so small I can't tell in any way.

• There's no AI change.

• The only noticeable difference is their greeting.

But since the update notes explicitly state there's a buff of some sort...
I'm thinking it's either:
  • Experience points bonus

• Capacity points bonus

• Accolade bonus

• Sparks bonus

Or some combination thereof. (I don't fell like testing those, but that's where I'd place my money.)
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-01-10 17:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I rememeber they said depending on unity ranking, the lower the rank, the higher the CP bonus. I'd look up and quote it but nyzul calls. possibly has something to do with it?
 Fenrir.Soily
Server: Fenrir
user: Soily
By Fenrir.Soily 2016-01-28 13:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I gave it a quick try. I killed 5 butterflies in Yahse Hunting Grounds in 3 different configurations (same gear every time except the body armor) :
Test #1 : No trust, no shirt
Chain/XP/CP results :
0 : 1861/1263
1 : 2233/1292
2 : 2326/1292
3 : 2419/1292
4 : 2605/1292

Test #2 : Ayame (UC), no shirt
Chain/XP/CP results :

Test #3 : Ayame (UC), shirt on (I used the shirt while summoning the trust and kept it on for the fights)
Chain/XP/CP results :

So, I didn't get any bonus at all while wearing the shirt. However, Ayame is of course in the lower half of the Unity Rankings (#9 in the ranking results and last in the partial ranking results) so I suppose she's already giving me the best CP bonuses because of that low ranking.

So now we need someone to test that with a "top tier" Unity leader to see if there's a change...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [312 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-12-05 23:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the Bump, but I have three shirts (Yoran, Apururu, Sylvie) for looks and shiggles, but wanted to know if anyone has confirmed what the actual bonuses for having the shirt equipped while summoning the trust actually does?