Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Azimuth Hood and Vagary
Azimuth Hood and Vagary
By FarelTheGecko 2016-01-09 15:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, I bought all the items to finally upgrade my "Azimuth Hood", however Monisette would not take my items, and upon checking, she did not even have the GEO and RUN Empyreans listed.

I could not find any information online anywhere, so I shouted in Jeuno and somebody told me that these only unlock after you beat *something something* in Vagary.

After some attempts to collect a team for this, and finding .... zero people... I figured I'd ask and figure out if this is even true.

Soooo is it? :p
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-01-09 16:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to beat the Vagary NM to unlock the respective slot. I run a Vagary LS on Cerberus every Tuesday night, and it generally takes an alliance of players; unless you know some killer people who can low-man it for you. It's difficult to just find people for Vagary. I spent at least a month building up to the first event for my LS in the summer of last year. Even then it took months to get a reliable team. Nowadays we have too many players (more than 18), so I have to turn some away. We didn't go in and beat everything right away either; we had to learn the zones and the NMs mechanics.

You're much more likely to get people during the Vagary Campaign. Yet again, if you've never done Vagary and trying to set it up, at least be an experienced player who other players know can actually lead a run and have an idea of what to do. Also Vagary does not scale with the amount of players you bring; so fill up an alliance if possible, and advertise the event at least a week beforehand! Check out my Vagary post in the Cerberus sub-forum for detailed strategies from our personal experiences. We have no issues killing all five NMs every week in a few hours; like a well-oiled machine.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-01-09 16:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes

You should have an easier time finding a group for it when there is a Vagary campaign.