T3 Reisenjima Strategies?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » T3 reisenjima strategies?
T3 reisenjima strategies?
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-30 07:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the T3 reisenjima strategies? I know magic burst method right? strategies for bursting? And can any of these actually be melee-Ed by blue mages? Thanks for sharing.

I hadn't seen any thread on it so if there's a link pls direct me to it.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-12-30 08:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a thread here, but someone else can post it, Too lazy to actually find it myself.

BG is very up to date on strategies for T3s, which there is OFC the Magic burst Methods, which i beleive is largely not recommended for the T3s because of their mechanics, and high Magic Defense Bonus/Evasion.

Anyways heres some useful stuff that i hope will help.

Maju:
Peiste type mob.
The stratergies on the BG thread are now kinda dated for this guy, seeing as these parties where dated for a Zerg Burn with 2hour burning, back when you could use Revitallizers.

The Main Gimmick to Maju, is he Levels up if you repeat the same skillchain too many times. And Him leveling up basically means a wipe.
For a WHM healing him, needa keep the Tank of any kind erased as much as possible, as it's burn is 200 HP a Tick.
When Popped, you need to blind him immediately! The best way is to Immunobreak this until it sticks, as when he gets lazor eyes, he gains a 1% HP Regen a tick. If you can't see the Blind go off, its better for the tank to Back tank.

Anyway strats for him are here:

Neak:
Shadow Dragon type mob, with PURPLE SKINN HECKKK YEAHHH!!
To quote Ejin here:
Quote:
High chance Neak's gimmick is using the same elemental type weapon skill 3 times(or maybe only darkness works?)
^ But this was with a small Sample size.
He does a lot of AoE moves. Can do an AoE dispelga, which wipes everything. As well as other dragon abilities. I wouldn't recommend tanking from the front of it.

Strats:

Yakshi
The Evil tree of Evilness.It's a Yggdreant type mob, but again PURPPLLEEE!
Instead of a Dia Aura, it gains a curse aura (Not Doom).
It will eat and be buffs from the tank, so DO NOT USE MISO RAMEN, IT WILL BE EATEN AND THEN SCREW THE RUN.
Buff wise, i'd just cast Protect on the PLD. So things are a little bit easier, and Aegis tank full time.

This is probably the harder one, because of its Magic Evasion/Defense. I have tried it BST Burn, but again. It can be VERY Hit or miss. So I'm not going to even bother going into detail about that.
I can see a BLU strat also being similar, very Hit or Miss, but then again, I don't personalyl play with BLUs very often. And with a Curse Aura, it's not exactly desirable to be near it. especially when it eats buffs.

Strats:

Again Hope this helps!
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-30 08:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically for Neak if you dont wan't do deal with it's *** you have to zerk it to 50% in the first 1min30. Then instead of using its -DT move it will go into chainspell mode allowing for a quick finish.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-12-30 09:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah pretty much Neak requires a zerg. regardless, and BST/BLU seems to be the easiest way to do it.
 Asura.Prophecyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Prophecyy 2015-12-31 10:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a few questions regarding these T3s, as I have yet to try them. Any feedback would be appreciated.

1. How well does Summoner perform on these NMs?
2. What's the ilvl on them? Tier 2 is lv135, so I can imagine its significantly higher.
3. Can they be TP locked via mewing lullaby? Any issues stunning?

Many thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2015-12-31 11:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Prophecyy said: »
I have a few questions regarding these T3s, as I have yet to try them. Any feedback would be appreciated.

1. How well does Summoner perform on these NMs?
2. What's the ilvl on them? Tier 2 is lv135, so I can imagine its significantly higher.
3. Can they be TP locked via mewing lullaby? Any issues stunning?

Many thanks.
1. It doesn't really unless you're going to MB them. Even w/ ~1600 acc, distract 3, and a BOG Torpor bubble I could barely land any physical pacts unless under Astral Flow. MBing with a Langour/Malaise bubble down would get between 15-25k.
2. 145.
3. Mewing Lullaby I never got to land on Neak or Maju on ~15 kills of each. Stuns work. Shock Squall gets some massive diminishing returns. First one is ~20 seconds, second 13, third 5, then anything after that is 1 second.

Edited after another round:
1. With the standard array of buffs/debuffs I can land physical pacts for 15-22k each now. We really hadn't done any since week 2 of the release and I hadn't augmented merlinic to where it is now.

3. Mewing doesn't land unless you get super lucky. Period. We popped all 3 and out of ~20 attempts it did not land w/ Langour, Frazzle 3, rolanberry daifuku +1s and a ton of pet Macc. It just doesn't land. If someone can do it reliably I would love to see it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-12-31 11:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I hear, as long as you do it before it sticks its aura up, you can indeed Mewing Lullaby lock Yakshi. Trying to do it post-aura is pointless, though, because it gets a fair bit of regain. If you then wait till after it Sforzos, its meva will reset, allowing you to (hopefully) land stuff again, and you can Lullaby it because its aura shouldn't be up.

That said, your pure damage output may not be great unless you're very well geared AND your party is set up to support avatars.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-31 12:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best way to blind maju? Red Mage? Anyone can post their set that can land blind? Thanks.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-12-31 12:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

We had our BLM and SCH on it, using the usual bubbles. Took a few immunobreaks, and once me having to Benediction the PLD, but it landed.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-12-31 12:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as Neak's MDT mechanic goes, we had good luck resetting it with Atonement/Flash Nova. It seems like 2 of either or 1 of each was proccing white each time, resetting his MDT.

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
What's the best way to blind maju? Red Mage? Anyone can post their set that can land blind? Thanks.
Spam the *** out of it. With 2 SCH, 2 BLM and 2 GEO that's a lot of Blind spamming. It'll get put on rather quickly.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-31 12:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
As far as Neak's MDT mechanic goes, we had good luck resetting it with Atonement/Flash Nova. It seems like 2 of either or 1 of each was proccing white each time, resetting his MDT.

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Spam the *** out of it. With 2 SCH, 2 BLM and 2 GEO that's a lot of Blind spamming. It'll get put on rather quickly.

But how high does gear needs to be? Thanks
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-31 15:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only fought Maju so far, but I can add a few things:

- Backdraft (his unique WS) is fire-based aoe with gravity/burn added effects. Using Unda and Barfire turns this WS into a single digit joke and shits on his Enfire too. If the only people in range are a RUN and a GEO, you won't need Vex, though the GEO may need healing/erases.
- Using SCHs, we cycled through all four level 2 SCs to further ensure he wouldn't level up.
- Tenebrae Rayke can help with Blind, though getting a solid helix on as well can really capitalize on it.
- Dark damage seems to be ideal. Water seems to be the worst, despite him having fire stuff.
- Haven't tried a melee setup yet, but I think it shouldn't be complex since he doesn't have any spells and you'd only have to deal with Backdraft.
- Only uses Backdraft, Delta Thrust, Torpefying Charge, and Oppressive Gaze (the Terror/Zombie gaze that's negated by Blind).
[+]
 Valefor.Rejoyce
Server: Valefor
user: rejoyce
By Valefor.Rejoyce 2016-01-17 00:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to share that we melee'd Maju with pretty good success. Melee can outrange backdraft by standing opposite of the tank at around 4.5'. Blind lands fine without focus/languor as long as you spam for immunobreaks. Takes maybe 1800 effective acc to cap.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-01-27 13:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane said: »
3. Mewing doesn't land unless you get super lucky. Period. We popped all 3 and out of ~20 attempts it did not land w/ Langour, Frazzle 3, rolanberry daifuku +1s and a ton of pet Macc. It just doesn't land. If someone can do it reliably I would love to see it.
You were probably just seeing a resist message based on the sleep effect being resisted. I've seen this too, where it'll reset the mob's TP but still show as resisted because the sleep doesn't land.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-01-27 13:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Your loss then. We've completely shut out Yakshi with a full ally with 3-4 /SMN and SMN rotating Mewing Lullaby.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Mulitus
Server: Shiva
user: barryrock
By Shiva.Mulitus 2016-01-27 18:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Do these strategies still work after the rev nerf
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-01-27 18:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

/SMN is a thing? O.o So an army of blm/smn go?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-27 18:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

/smn on the supports, since, to my knowledge, Mewing Lullaby cannot be resisted. This lets the actual SMNs focus on damage.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-01-27 19:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Rejoyce said: »
Just wanted to share that we melee'd Maju with pretty good success. Melee can outrange backdraft by standing opposite of the tank at around 4.5'. Blind lands fine without focus/languor as long as you spam for immunobreaks. Takes maybe 1800 effective acc to cap.

Just wanna throw in that Maju is surprisingly squishy for being the level that he is. Just need to get over that massive evasion.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-01-27 19:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

what jobs did you use, and what gear + buffs
By Fujilives 2016-01-28 17:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

"It will eat and be buffs from the tank, so DO NOT USE MISO RAMEN, IT WILL BE EATEN AND THEN SCREW THE RUN."

Could this be exploited by using buffs that have negative effects? For example, could a WAR use berserk to lower it's defense? Aggressor to lower it's evasion? Same goes for last resort, counterstance, Innin, etc.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2016-01-28 18:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fujilives said: »
"It will eat and be buffs from the tank, so DO NOT USE MISO RAMEN, IT WILL BE EATEN AND THEN SCREW THE RUN."

Could this be exploited by using buffs that have negative effects? For example, could a WAR use berserk to lower it's defense? Aggressor to lower it's evasion? Same goes for last resort, counterstance, Innin, etc.

Maybe, but diminishing returns vs. what it will do to your party. From past antices, the delve tree getting buffs like Last Resort and Souleater is hilarious, but I wouldn't want to waste a T3 pop just to see.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-01-28 19:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been in a fight where the abyssea vamp stole my mana wall once.

Spent the next 5 minutes beating on it for 0.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [516 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-06-27 14:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to clear these tonight with my LS, anyone got any tips? Can't find many strats after SE changed Geas Fete NMs stats and GEO bubbles.

Just some randomn questions.. :)
Easier to melee or magic set up on Maju?
Two GEO good for the tree?
Still best to zerg the dragon with two melee?

Thanks for any help.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-27 14:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently a SMN and a GEO can damn near duo it.

So, if all else fails, bring 2 SMNs and a GEO.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-06-27 15:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What about with 6-10 of us?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-27 15:30:37