First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-27 20:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Webb Attacks Clinton With Eye on Independent Run
If he declared an outsider presidential bid, the former Democratic candidate could have an outsize effect on the race.

Bloomberg

Wait... Webb? who couldn't break 1%?

Quote:
When Jim Webb quit the Democratic presidential race on Oct. 20 amid low poll numbers and a minimal debate presence, the former Virginia senator left open the possibility he'd return for a White House run in a different political guise. Now he appears to be edging closer to making good on it.

On Saturday morning, Webb used Twitter and his Facebook page to attack Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton for her handling of Libya during her time as secretary of state.
Yup, that Jim Webb.

But, interesting bit later in the article:

Quote:
There's no ensuring that Webb would be a spoiler for Clinton even as he attacks her. Although he ran as a Democrat to serve in the Senate, he is a highly decorated Vietnam veteran who also served for a time as President Reagan's secretary of the navy and has won conservative plaudits. Even Saturday's attack echoed the talking points of Republican candidates and groups.

His public statements, meanwhile, have focused economic populism and breaking the monopoly of the two-party system.
Hmmm....
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-27 20:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Who? You could have just posted this is Random P&R, this guy is a nobody, how would he even pay for a run?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-27 22:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Who? You could have just posted this is Random P&R, this guy is a nobody, how would he even pay for a run?

He'd be funded by Donald Trump.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-12-28 00:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Like hillary has a snowballs chance in hell anyways. This is going to be an epic election year.

[+]
By Yatenkou 2015-12-28 01:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad I'm not voting this time, I refuse to vote if it's Hillary and trump running.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-28 08:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Because this is far from the last time a third party run will be talked about.

Because this is the closest a dropout has ever come to announcing.

I have no idea how or if he will be funded. And he needs a 50 state orginazation EARLY to get on the ballots.

I am interested by his crossover appeal. He could easily draw far more support from the GOP than the dems.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-28 09:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

He'd be funded by Donald Trump.
And Obama

/plotthickens.jpg
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-28 10:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yatenkou said: »
I'm glad I'm not voting this time, I refuse to vote if it's Hillary and trump running.
?
Not voting does nothing. Vote for anyone else.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-28 12:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
?
Which still does nothing.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-28 12:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
?
Bernie sounds just as divisive as Obama. So idk who is worst. Hillary the compulsive liar or Bernie the race baiter. Rather take my chances with Paul but he has no chance.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-28 12:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

?
Sure it does. It counts with regards to voter turnout, which is a measure of voter/political apathy.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-28 13:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

?
Sure it does. It counts with regards to voter turnout, which is a measure of voter/political apathy.
In the US electorate climate, voting for a 3rd party is as productive as Obama's Peace Prize.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-29 10:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

In every state there will be several unheard of, totally hopeless third party candidates. If they actually start getting a combined 5% of the vote who knows, the ruling parties might notice.

I will always vote because I believe if you don't vote you can't ***.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-29 10:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I believe if you don't vote you can't ***
That's just superstition.
You can always ***, no matter what.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-12-29 19:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I will always vote because

The right to vote has been paid for in the blood of our forefathers and now mothers, it is disrespectful not to vote.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-01-06 16:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The first actual third party announcement!

Gary Johnson Announces Presidential Run, Renders Rand Paul Even More Irrelevant
Gawker

Quote:
Former New Mexico governor and big cannabis CEO Gary Johnson is running for president as a Libertarian, he announced today. He’s not going to win, but he will probably make Rand Paul even less of a viable presidential contender than he already is.

Johnson also ran for president in 2012, initially declaring his candidacy as a Republican, then switching to the Libertarian ticket. He didn’t do so well back then. In October, he teased a 2016 run on his blog, rehashing his long-held support for a very small federal government and calling out Paul for abandoning his own Libertarian principles.

Paul, of course, is the scion of Ron Paul, the most recognizable Libertarian in America. The elder Paul’s own failed but energetic presidential bids demonstrated the awkward position of official Libertarianism in national politics: a movement that walks a fine line between rejecting the existing political system and trying claim influence over the mainstream Republican Party.

Rand Paul’s aim was to be the Electable Libertarian: principled enough to support scaling back the drug war, to name one example, but not so principled that he wants to fully legalize drugs, like his dad did. Johnson, on the other hand, called for legalizing weed way back in 1999, and is so enthusiastic about the plant that he became CEO of a Nevada-based cannabis company in 2014. (He resigned in order to run earlier this week).

With poll numbers that have barely kept him out of the wings on the Republican debate stage, Rand Paul shows no sign of being convincingly electable. Johnson’s bid suggests Paul hasn’t convinced people on the Libertarian front, either.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-06 16:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Those who have watched Johnson already knew it was understood that he would run again.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-01-06 17:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, I voted for gary johnson in '12.

all 1,100 of us were super surprised when he didn't win.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-01-06 17:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

The right to vote has been paid for in the blood of our forefathers and now mothers, it is disrespectful not to vote.
So I should vote for someone even if I don't like my choices at all? Just because one of them is going to get picked either way? That sounds like some 3rd world ***to me. Now if they had an option on the ballot to pick neither because I don't like my choices I'd probably go and vote to show how I feel. I'd honestly love to see what % that would be in a national election. BTW Nevada does have this option but is the only US State with it.

Ninja Edit: Also blank ballot voting normally doesn' get counted at all in most states so wouldn't even show help on voter turnout and also in some states that use machines now you can't even enter a blank ballot your forced to pick someone.

Also I believe Spicy is right everyone has the option to vote or not to vote and I don't believe it to be disrespectful at all even if your reason was you were just lazy not to.

Which is probably a good thing because if they were to lazy to go vote they were probably to lazy to really look into what a candidate stood for and would of just went by who sounded cooler in the little bit they did see/hear, what their friends told them or just well there the Dem or Rep candidate and I side with such and such party so must vote for that party 100%.

Hell our elected officials have the right to abstain from voting on things why shouldn't regular citizens.
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-01-06 18:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

How has this not shown up yet?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-01-06 18:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one who thought this thread title was about accidents with third party tools?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-06 19:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Yeah how dare people exercise their right to choose not to vote. It is almost like blood was spilt for that option too. Oh, wait, it was.

Asura.Chiaia said: »
So I should vote for someone even if I don't like my choices at all? Just because one of them is going to get picked either way? That sounds like some 3rd world ***to me. Now if they had an option on the ballot to pick neither because I don't like my choices I'd probably go and vote to show how I feel. I'd honestly love to see what % that would be in a national election. BTW Nevada does have this option but is the only US State with it.

All I said is it is disrespectful. I did not say you MUST vote!

And no, if you honestly don't agree with either party line person you should at least go vote for the 3rd-4th or write in. Which is basically a % that is feed up with the two party system.

Don't have that option? Write your state officials and spread the word that that option needs to be on the ballot.

Doing Nothing will Solve Nothing 100% of the time.

Which is probably a good thing because if they were to lazy to go vote they were probably to lazy to really look into what a candidate stood for and would of just went by who sounded cooler in the little bit they did see/hear, what their friends told them or just well there the Dem or Rep candidate and I side with such and such party so must vote for that party 100%.
You mean how we ended up with Obama twice..

Hell our elected officials have the right to abstain from voting on things why shouldn't regular citizens.
They shouldn't, it is what they are elected and paid to do. The fact that they don't only illustrates exactly what is wrong with our country.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-06 22:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
It is ironic how you place the judgement on people doing something different from yourself, and then it is up to these people to meet your standards of integrity. Through mass effort while all you need do is press a button in a booth and call it a day.

It is beyond pathetic already. Stop insulting our intelligence like you have the answers of morality and give us a break. The only thing disrespectful is to speak for the dead. Voting or not has nothing to do with disrespecting blood shed and lives given for freedom. Suggesting what is right and wrong ways to exercise freedom does though.

So basically you just called me beyond pathetic, immoral, and say that I insult your intelligence for having the opinion that not voting is disrespectful to the people that fought and died for you to have that right.

Then turn around an give your opinion on what is morally right and wrong.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-06 22:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

might be worth pointing out the numbers in the last (2012) election.

votes for obama: 65.9 million
votes for romney 60.9 million
Total ppl that were eligible to have voted: 218.9 million

Meaning about 92.1 million that could have signed up and voted, didnt. - They out number either candidates 'supporters' by 66-71%
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-06 22:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we find it surprising that nobody cares that nobody cares or do we just not care?

You would think a media/politician that was truly for the American people would be all over those numbers.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9