Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-18 09:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

- Enter /gtst 95
- Stand exactly opposite of your tank and look streight at him. Use 1st person camera to help align.
- Select your GEO- spell and hold the CONTROL key.
- Go exactly 4 steps back towards yourself. You can be much further away than in the video. I just stand there for showcase reasons.
- Enjoy your max range Bubble. Might not manage to hit small Mandys, but bigger NMs should definetly be hit.

Disclaimer [EDITED]: Using Gearswap this will NOT work and you cannot manually place your Luopans while it is loaded.

The prime example for using this on current endgame content is Maju. If you place your bubble this way, it will be outside of Backdraft range. Backdraft is a 200damage/tick DoT AoE centered around the main target. using this trick will make the fight less annoying and more stable. Nothing like backdraft killing your bubbles as BLM is about to unload a Death volley.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alihasan
Server: Ragnarok
user: edrakali
By Ragnarok.Alihasan 2015-12-18 14:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for postng this. Also if you use controller, instead of holding CTRL, you can press L2 or R2.
 Odin.Zadora
Server: Odin
user: Zad
By Odin.Zadora 2015-12-18 14:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Disclaimer: Somehow most/all GEO .luas still ignore any ground targeting and still cast the bubble directly on the mob.

Do you have an example of a Geo lua that supports this?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-12-18 14:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why nobody is going to bother:

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Disclaimer: Somehow most/all GEO .luas still ignore any ground targeting and still cast the bubble directly on the mob.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-12-18 14:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The entire GEOnation was ecstatic when this was first released, but due to a bug with gearswap(and I believe ashita too), it's not possible to do this and use gearswap at the same time.

The last known update we got about the progress of the bug I remember reading was this from Byrth:

Quote:
He found the target arrow position in memory, but I can't calculate the exact offsets from it because there's some discretization step going on that I can't emulate. I used it to make a functional version, but it wasn't generating the exact same packet that the game would send and it seemed like an unnecessary departure. The exact offsets that I need exist in memory so really I just need that section of memory instead of this section.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-18 15:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Could always make a specific /raw command that uses in-game gear sets. With /raw commands the positioning thing should be working flawlessly.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-12-18 15:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

To my knowledge, you can only move the pointer when choosing a spell from the menu, so you can't bypass GearSwap like that. The only way to do so is `//gs disable`. Even loading an empty GS file doesn't let you move Luopans.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-12-18 15:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The distance of backdraft is 4.5-5 yalms depending on where you are standing in relation to Maju. It's pretty easy to not get hit if you're upfront doing bolster malaise/languor. (also don't face it) As far as the loupon goes only other thing you have to do is pay attention the SC timing and TP moves so that you recast malaise at the proper time and don't have it drop during MB phase. With a little practice it's really not bad. Specified placement might be nice for BoG loupon which can't be recast but then you can have the geo cast and have the tank pull it 5 yalms away too I guess.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [299 days between previous and next post]
By RolandJ 2016-10-12 18:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the necrobump! But if you're like me and you end up on this page during your initial search on how to reposition your GEO bubble before casting then you would have hit a dead end as far as this thread is concerned if you're using gearswap. The method in the video only works if gearswap isn't loaded.

Here is the current way to reposition your geo bubble while using gearswap.

Nocki said: »
Byrth fixed it a while ago. Just use the bubble from the menu, hold control(or alt), and move it with the arrow keys.