Hard Mode Mission Battles
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2015-12-16 07:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone seen equipment drops from any difficulty other than D or VD?

I can reliably kill Tenzen with trusts on E, but am unlucky in doing so on N (twice in two days I have been one-shotted by a MB Tier V spell). In the 10-12 times I have won on E, I have seen no equipment drops (specifically Ginsen).

I know the wiki page says "equipment can drop on any difficulty but the chance increases with higher tiers of difficulty" which makes sense, but I want to know from you guys.

If I continue to attempt this fight on E, will I continue to just see rem's tales, crafting mats, and a few scrolls?
 Valefor.Pairak
Server: Valefor
user: Pairak
By Valefor.Pairak 2015-12-16 07:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I prolly did tenzen about 30times on easy, and over 60 times on normal, only item I ever got (was soloing) was the 119 smn ammo. On D equip seems to be about 90% to get at least one and 10-20% to get 2. If your gonna keep doing it on easy, be prepared to spend a very long time farming it.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-16 07:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You gonna need treasure hunter on normal if you wanted to see a good rate of equipment drops. So whatever job you soloing on get someone to sleep the tarus and be good at blink tanking tenzen on normal.
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2015-12-16 07:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Tenzen on normal isnt bad. I go on BLU/THF that has very little jp and average gear. Yoran-Oran, King Cardian, Ulmia, Joachim, Amchuchu. BA silent storm > TA savage blade > CDC spam. Keep occultation up and reapply silent storm as needed. I use diffusion mighty guard as soon as I see Yaegsumi. Takes about 7-8 minutes and I get a gear drop about 80% of the time.
 Bismarck.Pimpjuice
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pimpjuice 2015-12-16 07:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen a Ginsen drop on a E run before so i know it can drop on that difficulty.
[+]
 Asura.Ghanni
Server: Asura
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-12-16 08:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

In about 20 solo runs on normal with Lion II I managed to get Divinator, Seraphiecaller, boots, hat, neck and Ginsen.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-16 08:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've not been doing Tenzen, but I have been soloing a bunch of SCNM BCs recently on normal to restock chapters and the gear drop rate is pretty bad. I've done ~16 fights and I've seen one piece of equipment.

As far as Tenzen, if you're looking for a Ginsen, I think our drop rate came out to (approximately) 1/10 on D/VD.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-16 08:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The drop rates between items seem to be equal, except in very specific instances like the Gyve Doublet. I've personally seen so many Ginsens that I've asked in Unity chat if anyone wanted any. I'd put the drop rate on N at around 40-50%ish depending on if you have TH.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-16 09:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I've personally seen so many Ginsens that I've asked in Unity chat if anyone wanted any

Yeah. Sadly there's little accounting for *what* most drops will be, only whether you *get* a drop (or 2) or not.
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2015-12-16 09:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
The drop rates between items seem to be equal, except in very specific instances like the Gyve Doublet. I've personally seen so many Ginsens that I've asked in Unity chat if anyone wanted any. I'd put the drop rate on N at around 40-50%ish depending on if you have TH.

Seems to be slight variations between fights as well. I generally do thf main on all solo or dbox N fights and I would say across the board I see a 20-25% gear rate. Some fights seem to be a bit higher and some a bit lower.

Go BLU for Tenzen, either /thf as mentioned or find a THF to go with.

That doublet drop rate.....so sick of that fight.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-12-16 09:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Got drops off Tenzen on VE - E - N - D

VE was a onetimer - Easy also - ***really starts to drop on N and then on D again - VD is meh since effort reward ratio is not in my favor.

Id say start with N duo and when bored try to solo. Having a fair run on N solos/duos so far.

If you want a specific piece of gear and you spam VE or E - chances are very very slim from my PoV.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2015-12-16 12:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ghanni said: »
In about 20 solo runs on normal with Lion II I managed to get Divinator, Seraphiecaller, boots, hat, neck and Ginsen.

Which difficulty/difficulties?
 Asura.Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-12-16 12:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

"In about 20 solo runs on normal"

Dawn II was kind of annoying though, I was after Fettering blade and it took me 49 solo normal runs to get it but at that point I had every drop other than the body.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-12-16 13:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with the comments above that 1) anything below Normal without TH is a joke for drops (and Normal is pretty awful, too) and that 2) D+ is pretty much where you want to be to get at least one piece of equipment.

I have personally solo'd Fenrir on Normal maybe 40 times so far. I have also done every Avatar fight on N/E maybe a combination of 20 times total. Have done O/U fight on E 15 times. I have only ever received 1 piece of gear in all of these fights, and it was the h2h from O/U fight on Easy.

I still solo these fights, as it's much more expedient to do it after getting merits than looking for 2-3 people to assist, but I can absolutely give testimony that you're likely wasting your time on anything under Diff (without THF) for drops. You'll get tons of crafting mats and REM papers, but you sure enough won't see many drops.

Maybe using Lion or Mithra chick might make a slight difference in drop%.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2015-12-16 14:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

"In about 20 solo runs on normal"

Dawn II was kind of annoying though, I was after Fettering blade and it took me 49 solo normal runs to get it but at that point I had every drop other than the body.

I /massivefacepalmed.

It's been a long week already!
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2015-12-16 14:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My experience with Titan..

A friend and I probably did 40 titans on N (smn/pld/trusts), and 10 on E or VE (thf/pld/trusts). We got the ring several times, but getting the weapon was impossible. Never dropped.

Asked a GEO to come for a D run, got club first try.
By Sandmaster 2015-12-16 19:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I agree with the comments above that 1) anything below Normal without TH is a joke for drops (and Normal is pretty awful, too) and that 2) D+ is pretty much where you want to be to get at least one piece of equipment.

I have personally solo'd Fenrir on Normal maybe 40 times so far. I have also done every Avatar fight on N/E maybe a combination of 20 times total. Have done O/U fight on E 15 times. I have only ever received 1 piece of gear in all of these fights, and it was the h2h from O/U fight on Easy.

I still solo these fights, as it's much more expedient to do it after getting merits than looking for 2-3 people to assist, but I can absolutely give testimony that you're likely wasting your time on anything under Diff (without THF) for drops. You'll get tons of crafting mats and REM papers, but you sure enough won't see many drops.

You must be incredibly unlucky to go 40 run's on Normal without a drop?

On O/U I have solo'd it on Normal and won 6/11-12 attempts. 5 out of the 6 win's dropped an item. The only item left is the Terminal Head (which I'd quite like to go with the Body and Denouncments) but I doubt I will go thro the stress of that BC unless a ls friend needs items from it.

Basically, the drop rate on Normal for this BC seems to be very good. Others I have spoken to have also said this.

Promathia I've lost count, probably fought some 20+ times on Normal, Everything has dropped except the body/legs. I will most likely go back to fight Promathia some more as the fights easy on Normal.

Each fight just had TH1 on from waist item.

RE O/U; For many years it had the reputation for being the hardest BCNM battle with many CoP groups having to fight it many many times. I remember my group lay dead on the floor all double weakend after our 6th attempt, then after around 1min:30secs of group wipe we won from DoT spells Ultima had on. I wonder if SE upped the drop rates on this thinking it would be in the same league of difficultness as it was back at the lvl60 cap.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2015-12-17 07:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandmaster said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

You must be incredibly unlucky to go 40 run's on Normal without a drop?

On O/U I have solo'd it on Normal and won 6/11-12 attempts. 5 out of the 6 win's dropped an item. The only item left is the Terminal Head (which I'd quite like to go with the Body and Denouncments) but I doubt I will go thro the stress of that BC unless a ls friend needs items from it.

Basically, the drop rate on Normal for this BC seems to be very good. Others I have spoken to have also said this.

Promathia I've lost count, probably fought some 20+ times on Normal, Everything has dropped except the body/legs. I will most likely go back to fight Promathia some more as the fights easy on Normal.

Each fight just had TH1 on from waist item.

RE O/U; For many years it had the reputation for being the hardest BCNM battle with many CoP groups having to fight it many many times. I remember my group lay dead on the floor all double weakend after our 6th attempt, then after around 1min:30secs of group wipe we won from DoT spells Ultima had on. I wonder if SE upped the drop rates on this thinking it would be in the same league of difficultness as it was back at the lvl60 cap.

Such vivid memories of those Promathia BC wins. Our LS cleared the entire series before the nerfs. We'd farm the items that weakened the bosses the weekend before, then do a "dry run" to see how far we could take it before a wipe. I remember on O/U we actually made it all the way to form 2 before even coming close to wipe, so we changed our dry run into a full attack.

This game has provided so many moments like this :)

But thanks to one poster on here, I am going to gear up my 99BLU, learn some spells, and tackle Tenzen on N with TH. I saw a video of a BLU on Youtube doing that same strategy and it seems pretty effective.

Thanks for all your insights everyone!
By Darkvlade 2015-12-17 08:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh if feels like SE lowered drop rate on purpose to have player base spend more time in game equaling monthly charges, from my own experience My count on N fights for omega is 1/17 (helmet) and for promathia 0/20 all them fights I've been BST, they easy fights but I guess the lack of an actual TH geared THF been hurting my chances, got so fed up I took a break from it and forgot how many Ouryu fights went with no drops trying to get heralds for my sidekick, drop rate is crap.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-17 08:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkvlade said: »
Tbh if feels like SE lowered drop rate on purpose to have player base spend more time in game equaling monthly charges

I dunno.

As someone who has been playing the game since NA release and hasn't taken a break except when we all did after the tsunami...drop rates, working as intended.
 Asura.Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-12-17 08:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything they've gotten better about drop rates or at least the ability to spam something and not have to wait 21-24 hours or 3-7 days or locking stuff like Dynamis.

I managed to get an absurd amount of useful gear from High Tier Battlefields, Skirmish, SR, Vagary, Geas Fete in the time it took me to get my Shepherd's Chain.

The drop rates on Normal are by no means amazing but at least you can constantly retry if you can solo it.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-17 08:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything they've gotten better about drop rates or at least the ability to spam something and not have to wait 21-24 hours or 3-7 days or locking stuff like Dynamis.

I managed to get an absurd amount of useful gear from High Tier Battlefields, Skirmish, SR, Vagary, Geas Fete in the time it took me to get my Shepherd's Chain.

The drop rates on Normal are by no means amazing but at least you can constantly retry if you can solo it.

It's all just a matter of perspective. On one hand, yes, it's ridiculous to have to do something that many times to get one drop.

But compared to the old Kings HNM system...
 Asura.Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-12-17 09:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

It's all just a matter of perspective. On one hand, yes, it's ridiculous to have to do something that many times to get one drop.

But compared to the old Kings HNM system...

Although it was fine back then if the game was still at a point where you had to something like dedicate an evening to farming sky pops to then have another evening killing gods I wouldn't be able to play.

I think the closest thing to this we've recently had was adding Incursion chests to Reisenjima pops. Even then at least you aren't competing with people trying to do the same exact thing.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-17 09:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I could never go back to king pops.

Even back then, working retail with a reduced schedule, staying up (or waking up) at 4:00 a.m. to watch a Nidhogg window every 30 minutes? Let alone now with a full-time job and other responsibilities?

Cerberus.Jeffil
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2015-12-17 09:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
I could never go back to king pops.

Even back then, working retail with a reduced schedule, staying up (or waking up) at 4:00 a.m. to watch a Nidhogg window every 30 minutes? Let alone now with a full-time job and other responsibilities?

That is one thing I do not miss. Having a LS message with all the ToDs and afking 29 out of 30 minutes.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-12-20 14:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So we just did 15 Tenzen on N with TH from BLU+ belt.

Some been duo'd by BLU and GEO. 117.
Some been duo'd by BLU and GEO. 119.
Some been trio'd by BLU WAR and SCH 119.

Outcome was 5 pair of boots - 1 Seraphicaller - 1 PUP Ammo - 1 Headpiece.

<.<
 Valefor.Cosworthrs
By Valefor.Cosworthrs 2015-12-25 18:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

first attempt solo on easy on BLU/THF netted a Seraphicaller, diff/mighty guard on yaegsumi, easy peasy.
 Bahamut.Alkk
Server: Bahamut
user: Alkai
By Bahamut.Alkk 2016-01-10 11:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone seen the body drop from Dawn II normal? Been doing an insane amount of runs getting every single other item but it
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [119 days between previous and next post]
By Zululu 2016-05-08 11:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Can difficult be soloed now with trusts?
First Page 2