6 Step Skill Chain Possible?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » 6 step skill chain possible?
6 step skill chain possible?
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Tot 2015-12-14 20:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i have tried every combo that should work (going by wiki charts) but all my chains keep ending on 4th WS

unless i don't understand the charts or some rule not noted is it possible to do 6 step light and/or darkness with or without azure lore?

an example to see if i understand this or not and maybe fix my understanding: Flat Blade > Burning Blade > Flat Blade > Requiescat > Savage Blade > Thrashing Assault = Light? (this stops after Requiescat aka Gravitation)

at the very least Scission > Liquefaction should continue endlessly but stops after 4th ws
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-12-14 20:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You need a degree in Skillchainology to get that far. I knew a guy who would coordinate ridiculous skillchain chains between 3 people, but it's all lost on me.
 Shiva.Tilanna
Server: Shiva
user: Tilanna
By Shiva.Tilanna 2015-12-14 20:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The longer the skillchain, the shorter the window to close them (and to MB on them). By the 5th and 6th WS, you have very very little leeway. On my admittedly not well geared SAM, I've only been able to do 6 step with the use of Sekkanoki and Meditate. Dunno how fast you're building TP on BLU, but you'd need to be incredibly quick by the end of the chain.
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
Server: Lakshmi
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2015-12-14 21:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Flat blade > Burning Blade > Flat blade creates Fusion. IIRC you can't drop down to a level 1 skillchain once you're on level 2 but I've been away from the game so long that I've lost a lot of knowledge on it.

I input your weaponskill order into ffxi calculator and posted the results below. Your blue magic spell wasn't found on the list the calculator has for some reason.
 Shiva.Tilanna
Server: Shiva
user: Tilanna
By Shiva.Tilanna 2015-12-14 21:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

BG wiki says Thrashing Assault has Fusion SC properties, so your skillchain would work if you had the time to get the WSes and spells off in time.

Flat Blade > Burning Blade (Liquefaction) > Flat Blade (Fusion) > Requiescat (Gravitation) > Savage Blade (Fragmentation) > Thrashing Assault (Light)

You might want to try doing a 5 step (skip the first Flat Blade), and see if you can make it like that. Since the last one will be a BLU spell, you won't have to wait for TP, just cast the spell with CA on.
[+]
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2015-12-14 21:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I did not know the window gets shorter with each step so i am assuming that's my problem

anyone know a good order of spells to use with SP's?

or better yet a link to any updated info on all spell properties?

Thanks
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-12-14 23:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxicalculator.com/

Has a good calculator. It is slightly out of date but if it doesn't have the spell you want, just find a similar spell with the same sc properties.

You might check my work on these examples but this is just one of each type I pulled that appeared to have some of the less crap WS's in it. Granted, you'll never get a 6 step with all good ones.

Darkness:
Red Lotus Blade > Circle Blade > Requiescat > Savage Blade > Chant du Cygne (E) > Gravitation spell
Red Lotus Blade > Requiescat > Red Lotus Blade > Circle Blade > Requiescat > Distortion Spell

Light:
Expiacion (M) > Burning Blade > Circle Blade > Requiescat > Savage Blade > Fusion Spell
Expiacion (M) > Red Lotus Blade > Expiacion (M) > Burning Blade > Circle Blade > Fragmentation Spell

Honestly, not finding any good source for a list of all spell properties. BG wiki has most spell's properties listed but not all of them and not in an easy order to decide on a SC with, especially the newest ones. I'll try to look some more later but it's getting late for me.

Edit, accidentally put Grav twice.
And Edit again... Put the wrong one for Frag. (maybe now they are right ^^;)
 Phoenix.Syto
Server: Phoenix
user: Sessho
By Phoenix.Syto 2015-12-15 00:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Its very easy as a SAM to achieve this without any additive abilities.

My advice is to use the animation's closing as a guide to finish steps: 3 >> 4 >> 5 >> 6. This is useful especially if your internet latency is not static and rather variable. Every second counts, and I have had a bad internet connection greatly affect the timing towards the end even when the gap gets super tight. Just make sure to have enough TP and quickly be ready to execute at the ending of the skill chain graphic animation. It will guarantee you the next step..... As long as you don't miss.. >.>
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-15 09:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Multi-stepping is easy, the problem is sword is BLU isn't particularly good at it due to missing a sword fusion Ws property. You can try to toss in an ability but it'll make closing the double light really difficult without SAMs roll at least.

Gravitation -> Fragmentation -> Distortion -> Fusion -> Fragmentation (Light) -> T3 Light (Double Light)

Distortion -> Fusion -> Gravitation -> Fragmentation -> Fusion (Light) -> T3 Light (Double Light)

Those are your two sequences.

Here is your SC chart. Don't worry too much about which WS is in which category, instead understand the relationship between the different SC properties. If you do a WS with a Gravitation property, then follow it with a Distortion property they link to create Darkness. If you do a WS with Fusion and then another with Fragmentation they will link to create Light and if you follow that with a WS that has a L3 Light property they link to create double light. The bottom of the chart is the T1 sequence and those can create some interesting combos but typically they are ignored because they usually require you use weak WS's.

Now for Double light, it would look something like this

Requiescat (Gravitation) -> Savage Blade (Fragmentation) -> CDC (Distortion) -> CA Thrashing (Fusion) -> Savage Blade (Fragmentation - Links to create Light) -> CDC (Links to create Double Light).

The hardest part will be that you have to have CA already used before you start so as to not incur the one or two second penalty to your swing time which could cause you to miss your Savage for your first Light.

SC properties

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Weapon_Skills

SC Chart

http://rednanaki.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/renkei15.jpg

This is really easy once you understand the SC relationships for linking.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-12-15 09:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Tachi: Jinpu spam
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-15 10:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait is he just trying to get the upgrade for Vagery? Doing RLB -> Seraph -> RLB -> Seraph - > RLB -> Flat Blade

That should easily do it. The problem really happens after the fourth WS because your timing window is really small. You are going to need SAMs roll with capped haste and accuracy to reach it in time.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-15 10:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's for Vagary, I'd point out that those Fire Elementals are hardier than people seem to think they are. With me on RUN and my brother on BLU, we do Herculean Slash > Burning Blade > repeat until it's done, while using 119 weapons. Granted, we're using WSs of elements the elementals are strong to, but I never understood why people felt that was a thing best suited for 1 SAM, or 1 person in general.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-15 10:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
That should easily do it. The problem really happens after the fourth WS because your timing window is really small.

This.

The fifth isn't too bad but tagging that last one on can get pretty rough from time to time.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
but I never understood why people felt that was a thing best suited for 1 SAM, or 1 person in general.

We do it on earth elementals most of the time. You'd think stoneskin would be a potential issue but it very, very rarely is. They seem to be slightly easier targets, though that could admittedly just be perception.

As far as one person vs. two, most of the time solo sam isn't very bad at all though you can occasionally hit a rut where you just can't quite tag that last weaponskill in time and microseconds add up fast.

Honestly I think server/network latency plays a factor as much as anything because there are nights where it goes off without a hitch every time but every now and then you'll get a night where it never goes right.

Edit: Also, sorry, just realized this is posted in the BLU forum. I sadly have nothing helpful to add for the Imperial stooges our fine, follower of Zahak friends.
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2015-12-15 11:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i wasn't asking for vagary as i know how to proc that fine, i was more interested closing and 200%+ light/dark and super MB off of too

i cant find any good list/chart for spells to make an awesome order for azure lore SC/MB spam

but now i know the window gets tighter for each step i know what i can do with thrashing(fusion) and sword ws's ect

thanks for all the info

p.s all them low level WS's do some pretty decent damage, i was doing 6k+ flat blades with no buffs
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-15 18:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tot said: »
i wasn't asking for vagary as i know how to proc that fine, i was more interested closing and 200%+ light/dark and super MB off of too

i cant find any good list/chart for spells to make an awesome order for azure lore SC/MB spam

but now i know the window gets tighter for each step i know what i can do with thrashing(fusion) and sword ws's ect

thanks for all the info

p.s all them low level WS's do some pretty decent damage, i was doing 6k+ flat blades with no buffs

Well that's why I linked you Aden's chart and the BG weapon skill list. The Skillchain system is very complicated and it's pretty much impossible to make a single "all inclusive" diagram. So stop being lazy and trying to have someone else do the work for you, learn the SC system yourself that way you can form them on the fly.

As for those low level WS's, you can get the same effect or better from using the T2 compatible WS's I listed. The best you can hope for is using the T1's to create a T2 and then linking off that but since Sword already has three out of four T2's with fairly strong WS's, it's not needed. You don't need to form T1's to create a T2 or T3, you can just start linking T2's and walk the chart in circles until you do a double T3.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
If it's for Vagary, I'd point out that those Fire Elementals are hardier than people seem to think they are. With me on RUN and my brother on BLU, we do Herculean Slash > Burning Blade > repeat until it's done, while using 119 weapons. Granted, we're using WSs of elements the elementals are strong to, but I never understood why people felt that was a thing best suited for 1 SAM, or 1 person in general.

It's cause most people don't have how SC's work or how to create them and they just assume "SAM makes SCs so use them". I've solo proced the 6-step before on BLU though it's kinda random and you gotta get lucky with MA procs on the final round. I prefer to use two people as it's infinitely easier to just bounce between compatible WS's. Our first Vagery runs were me and another guy on BLU doing RLB -> Seraph back and forth.
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2015-12-15 20:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i already know how the skill chain system works, its not super complicated either, i just didn't know about the tighter windows which i do now.

my last question was to know all spell properties if someone had that info already it would save me a lot of time but i have no problem making my own if its not readily available
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-12-15 21:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking at the skillchain chart, if you're using azure lore, wouldn't spinal cleave > spinal cleave do the same thing as jinpu spam? Detonation?