Japanese PoL Client Error:020
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-12-06 10:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to get FFXI to load as the Japanese version rather than the EU version, just as a little play around to see what i can do.
And im in PoL it's all in Japanese and it's running ok. I'm just stuck at PoL Error 0:20, which is the error for FFXI not being installed correctly if i recall.

I have the game installed (ofc) does anyone know what i need to do to fix this?
I know theres the registry key thing, but the fix which was on here diddn't work. Please help.
Thanks!

If not i'll just go back to EU client again....
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-12-06 12:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using a Japanese version of Windows?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-12-06 12:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Japanese system local yes but the error is saying that PoL isnt installed not that theres something wrong with the system locale.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-06 13:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Japanese system local yes but the error is saying that PoL isnt installed not that theres something wrong with the system locale.

Are you using a Japanese version of the game? If not you'd need to edit the registry which I don't believe works 100%.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-12-06 13:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

Are you using a Japanese version of the game? If not you'd need to edit the registry which I don't believe works 100%.
Nah just Japanese PoL client.
FFXI has all the Japanese dats already regardless of regional difference. the difference is the PoL client.
 leo
By leo 2015-12-06 15:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to copy the FFXI install information from POL EU registry to the JPN POL registry.

Once you do that it will find the game and load it properly.

For whatever that matters all people playing FFXI have the exact same data besides a couple of data files which are unique *per install*.

well, here's a walkthrough that should work for everyone:

1-go to this page:
http://www.playonline.com/ff11/download/media/vista01.html?pageID=media

Download it by clicking "同意する" (agree to the EULA).

Install it, while having the system locale already set for Japan (it works with different locales but you will have problem typing Japanese ingame if the locale isn't Japan: aka it doesn't work at all)

2- After it's installed, let it update and then log your account in it.

3- Close it and perform these actions:

Copy registry key (including the hexadecimal number it contains) "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\Interface\0001" or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineEU\Interface\0001" to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnline\Interface\0001"

Copy the whole "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\FinalFantasyXI" or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineEU\SquareEnix\FinalFantasyXI" as "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SQUARE\FinalFantasyXI" key, as is.

Copy "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\Interface\0001" or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\Interface\0001" as "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnline\Interface.

Both keys marked "0001" are used to identify the FFXI install and should be the exact same on all POL installs. It's possible to have all three versions of the POL Viewer client installed on the computer and they will operate properly without interfering with each other as long you perform this correctly.

Also I don't have plugins so I don't know if this has any effect on third party stuffs.

I just did all that stuff I posted above and ended with the pictured working install of the Japanese software.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-12-06 16:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Good work skippy. Thank you. I'll try tomorrow!
By Jetackuu 2015-12-06 16:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw the thread title and was like you need Leo.

Good luck.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-12-07 04:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok What might be screwing me over is that i dont have the reg files for "PlayonlineEU".
I only have PlayOnline and PlayOnlineJP.

Edit: It should be noted even without the Japanese PoL installed that reg is still there and its the same as the just "Play Online" file.
 leo
By leo 2015-12-07 11:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The registry keys I posted are valid for the POL client from the download link I posted. Where you obtained your POL install?

I wouldn't be surprised if you have installed the POL client from the newer download and they changed yet again the registry key name.

Edit:

Yet, nothing stop you from trying to copy the keys "0001" at install and interface as that's all which is required to make POL detect the game as installed. Try copying the ones from PlayOnlineEU to PlayOnlineJP and see what happens...

The actual FFXI configuration key is created by the game when the game boots with the default values if you don't copy it.

Meaning full screen boot with the intro movie being displayed and a very low resolution setting.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-12-08 05:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

JP Ones and EU one are the same. Nothing happened still Error 0:20
 leo
By leo 2015-12-08 06:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to try a private chat with me I'd love to try helping you out with this one...
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-12-08 09:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

WE DID! YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!
By Jetackuu 2015-12-08 09:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonspeak!
 leo
By leo 2015-12-08 09:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Moonspeak!
At our LS we called it "Squigglespeak"...
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-12-08 09:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

leo said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Moonspeak!
At our LS we called it "Squigglespeak"...
I believe on slyph some coin the Phrase JeanpaulSpeak.
(Cause we all call him JP for short)