Forum » FFXI » Escha » Dazzling Dolores Suggestions
Dazzling Dolores Suggestions
 Sylph.Ashiya
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2015-12-01 22:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been running with a small static for the last couple of months now, compiled of my husband, and some close friends. Our setup comprises of whm sch pld blu blu geo or rdm when 1 of the blu's switches. As you can tell, we rely heavily on sch immanence setup to MB off with... we've only attempted a few of the t1's Reisenjima as of late, and this Marlboro has us scratching our heads. I know his hate bounces with any type of magic damage. I'm just wondering, if anyone has any better ideas on how to properly take this guy down AND with our current setup?

A.N I've seen the video posted by Tychefym. I'm wondering how the rune was able to keep hate considering the scholars were doing fragmentation left and right. lol
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-01 22:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Stand on him and hate won't be as bothersome.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-01 22:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashiya said: »
I've been running with a small static for the last couple of months now, compiled of my husband, and some close friends. Our setup comprises of whm sch pld blu blu geo or rdm when 1 of the blu's switches. As you can tell, we rely heavily on sch immanence setup to MB off with... we've only attempted a few of the t1's Reisenjima as of late, and this Marlboro has us scratching our heads. I know his hate bounces with any type of magic damage. I'm just wondering, if anyone has any better ideas on how to properly take this guy down AND with our current setup?

A.N I've seen the video posted by Tychefym. I'm wondering how the rune was able to keep hate considering the scholars were doing fragmentation left and right. lol

I thought that vid killed the NM with 1 MB? If that's the case then I guess hate won't be that much of an issue because it's dead like...right away.

This NM can also be done with melee burn with BLUs, if you use vex/attunement instead. You have to avoid healing it at all cost or else it'll lv up.
[+]
 Sylph.Akton
user: Akton
By Sylph.Akton 2015-12-01 23:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Side note thunder did not make hate bounce but damage outside of magic burst was not impressive.
 Sylph.Ashiya
By Sylph.Ashiya 2015-12-01 23:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the rune used gambit to boost burst dmg, then scholars as you can see did double frag while whoever nuked did mb for dmg. :X
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-01 23:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Her mechanics are strange, as she often gives 0 fs about Elemental magic, then suddenly will hate everyone nuking and chase them for days.

Just do what Byrth said - stand at Dolores opposite of tank hugging her. Her bad breath is only conal.

Thunder does pretty well for us. If things go south just be sure to have Helix on and you can recover or best case scenario even just reclaim at 1% for a win.

As for the video:

It was only 1 Frag chain I did with Gambit/Rayke on and me on SCH bursting once while the BLMs and GEO bursted twice.
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-12-01 23:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Stand on him and hate won't be as bothersome.

This, so much this. If you're using BLUs, use Blinding Fulgor or Searing Tempest and have the SCH SC Fusion. Fire does just as much as Thunder and BLUs have a far more powerful Light damage if utilizing Weatherspoon.
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-12-01 23:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I tend to favor fire dmg over the others on sch since fire procs it, but Byrth is absolutely correct about the hate issue. Once I started standing on top of this thing, I stopped pulling hate instantly. If you're not having any dd issues, you could do vex/attunement for added security and have a blu swap to rdm for frazzle II or III if they got it. Winning in 10 minutes 99% of the time is better than winning in 3 minutes 40% of the time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-02 05:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
since fire procs it

Also procing with Thunder ocasionally. Don't think it's the element that matters but something else.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-02 05:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about 99% positive that dark-aligned elemental damage can heal her and light-aligned damage will proc her. Seen heals from darkness skillchains and earth damage, procs from fire and thunder damage, as well as light skillchains.

As for hate, stand right on her butt and she won't go crazy.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hova
user: Titanfoo
By Phoenix.Hova 2015-12-02 06:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

been solo'ing this thing and I prefer thunder, FYI if it dies while your charmed you don't get drops, so if your solo'ing and trusts go down pop a charm buffer when it targets you, Pretty easy solo compared to Kist.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-02 07:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

As for trust tanks I find that the Amchuchu/Gshho combo works great once again. Amchuchu will die early usually but the Valliance effect on Gessho will keep him blinking like a champ.

I found August far to squishy UNLESS you pre-Wing him on something else. When he gets wings he gets -50% DT from them but is very prone to 1shotting before.
[+]
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-12-02 07:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have everyone stand near the ??? where it pops and keep people there, it won't have crazy hate mechanics. The hate mechanics are based on distance.
[+]
 Sylph.Ashiya
By Sylph.Ashiya 2015-12-02 09:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the input and information guys, I really appreciate it! :)
By Blackhalo714 2015-12-03 18:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you keep trusts alive? I almost can magic burst Dolores down but tanks die too early even Gessho. I have tried hasting him prior to fight. Amchuchu gets killed too early. If I could keep a tank alive just a bit longer it wouldn't be any problem.
 Phoenix.Libbien
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-12-03 18:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Blackhalo714 said: »
How do you keep trusts alive? I almost can magic burst Dolores down but tanks die too early even Gessho. I have tried hasting him prior to fight. Amchuchu gets killed too early. If I could keep a tank alive just a bit longer it wouldn't be any problem.

Keep in mind the trust campaign is over so that is playing a major role right now. Your best bet for a safe solo is probably smn using ifrit. Friend of mine made this NM trivial at best using shattersoul to FC for frag, followed by a 2nd FC for light. With conduit sitting in their back pocket for any whiffs or mistakes, it really is a very safe fight if the smn is well geared.

Edit: forgot i think i did swap to my lolgeo for him when he did this so he did have bubbles, though fairly weak ones ~860 combined skill at that time.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-03 19:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashiya said: »

How good are your BLUs? If they have any real skill then just stop trying to use a strategy designed for backline nukers. Have your GEO switch to Vex + Attunement and your BLU's go /WAR with occulation set and just melee blast her into pieces. We beat every T1 and T2 using a similar strategy with the exception of Gold Kiss and Crom.

Our most common setup was
PLD
BLU
BLU
GEO
COR
WHM

Seems very similar to your group. BLU's are really bad at MBing stuff due to BA timer but really good at either chain nuking Light / Dark magic or meleeing something down. It's not very useful trying to play towards your groups weakness's instead of towards their strengths.

It's level up mechanic is really easy to avoid. Whenever it use's it's vine moves it can absorb HP and if it absorbs too much HP then it will level up. All those moves are blinkable so if your BLU's just keep Occulation set and stand to the back left or right, you shouldn't run into level up issues. She's really easy to kill, in fact most of them are.

For Golden Kiss we strated with a melee method, and were able to defeat it, slowly and with much pain. Eventually we switched to a SC + Death MB with a BLU chain nuking dark magic. Crom is really easy, have the BLU's just spam Light nukes from over 12 feet away with Maliase + Accumen / Focus.
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2015-12-03 19:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

pld whm sch geo and either geo rdm blm or anthere sch for 5th and 6th spot mb fire its dead right away simple enough
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-12-03 19:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld or Run or anything that can take hits with accesses to savage blade, w/e to heal, sch, geo, blm. Tank on front, mages in the back. Sch makes fusion, tank person does savage blade for light. MB both the fusion and light. Longest part of the fight is the sch making the fusion skillchain.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-03 19:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't seem to have a strong nuker orientated group and are using a full party so it's getting the full amount of HP. That's why I suggested going with what they already have vs kicking some people out. If they had extra SCH's and BLM's they would of used them already.

Quote:
I've been running with a small static for the last couple of months now, compiled of my husband, and some close friends. Our setup comprises of whm sch pld blu blu geo or rdm when 1 of the blu's switches.

Only two of the T1's really merit a specific setup. So they just need to pick one method, melee / SCH MB / pet zerg, that is compatible with what their group already has and enjoys playing and then run with it. The T2's weren't that difficult either, once their mechanics were known, so it's only at the T3's where you need to get into specific super optimized setups.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-12-03 20:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Won many times over with
PLD tank,
Bst using Lizzard for Solo Fusion skill chain
BLM
BLM
Whm