2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Re-augmenting helios
Re-augmenting helios
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2015-12-01 15:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

With helios being replaced by merlinic for MB and occult acumen, I was thinking of redoing my helios feet for drain/aspir.
Obviously mab wont matter for this, so swapping 20mab/20macc augment for 25macc is the way to go with the snow slot, but how about the dusk slot?
I haven't found any evidence to convince me that INT plays a role, but should I keep the magic burst damage or maybe go with +mp?
I guess the whole post boils down to this: does anyone know definitively if magic burst damage will affect aspir potency?
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-12-01 16:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know about magic burst damage affecting drain/aspir (I would imagine that it does though), but I recall reading about a test concluding that int affects drain/aspir macc and not potency.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-12-02 10:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering that Merlinic Crackows come with "enhances Drain/Aspir +7" already and I've personally seen a stone augment of "enhances Drain/Aspir +11" on Merlinic Gear with a Fern Stone (was on legs- and sorry no pic, was going for a standard magic damage piece so didn't feel the need at the time to take a screenie), I can't imagine anything you could do with Helios would touch those.

My suggestion would be take the "free" stones (or at least the easier to stock up on stones!) and spam the hell out of a second pair of Merlinic Feet if you want a pair of drain/aspir feet.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2015-12-02 10:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I fully intend to do that eventually, but in the mean time there's several other folks in my LS needing thier first pair of merlinic that I'm not going to block for a 3rd pair for myself.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-12-02 13:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Padisharcreel said: »
I fully intend to do that eventually, but in the mean time there's several other folks in my LS needing thier first pair of merlinic that I'm not going to block for a 3rd pair for myself.

Very true. I guess the real question is, would augmented helios the way you describe be better than a standard route merlinic with just the base "aspir/drain +7" (oh, and fast cast!) already on them? And that, is truly a question.