2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Vet player loooking for LS
Vet player loooking for LS
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2015-11-29 09:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! I've finally cleared enough time to be able to participate in scheduled events, so I've decided to look for a LS through FFXIAH (maybe I'll try Reddit too).

I have fairly geared, but by no means complete, WHM GEO BLU SAM WAR. SAM is probably the best geared, but I prefer to go to events as WHM. I've never really had a problem healing any event I've gone to. My GEO is pretty fresh too, but I have some of the essential gear.

I'm looking for an Event LS that does almost any event, including Incursion, Vagary, Hard Mode Battles, and Escha/Reisenjima.

Time Available: 3PM PST ~ 10PM PST

Gearsets

Access to:

I'm looking for a group so I can gear these jobs, and am also interested in gearing BLM and SCH.

If I look like a fit for your LS, send me a tell in game. I'm also down for social shells too, if you'd have me. Thanks in advance.
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2015-12-01 16:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump, forgot to include that I'm usually available weekdays 3PM PST to 10PM PST and all day most weekends.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2015-12-01 17:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No, maybe not reddit ls ~_~

I didn't end up posting over there anyway
By Luminohelix 2015-12-01 17:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope Reddit ls likes you :)! You seem like a good person!
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2015-12-01 17:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lumi. . .
[+]
By Luminohelix 2015-12-01 17:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

*hides* :3
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2015-12-01 17:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure the reddit ls doesn't like me, that's why I didn't make a thread
By Luminohelix 2015-12-01 17:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Why don't they like you?
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2015-12-01 17:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I told one of them "how to play" and got a barrage of tells from the leader not to do that

That was some odd years ago now I guess, so I doubt anyone there remembers
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-12-01 17:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. Your server is kinda packed so maybe finding a tight nit group of 4-5 players would suit you better on that server. I would advise making your post have more info on your gear, what events you have access to and have cleared/ have experienced on with certain jobs, and more info on your playtime.

Hope this helps.
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2015-12-01 19:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok~

Gearsets

Access to:

I'm looking for a group so I can gear these jobs, and am also interested in gearing BLM and SCH.

I'll put this in the first post too. Thanks to Carrotchan for the social ls~
[+]
By Afania 2015-12-01 19:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make a shout party.... nowadays most people do stuff by shout or circle of friends, or trust solo, instead of going to "ls events"

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-01 19:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
I told one of them "how to play" and got a barrage of tells from the leader not to do that

That was some odd years ago now I guess, so I doubt anyone there remembers

Well the leader sucks, and so does the LS.
Besides, I seem to get some of what I would consider the best people from there anyway over the course of their existence. Keep in mind I am not a person that judges by gear too much.

You are welcome to hang out with Carrot, I, and co., but Magnanimous is not an event LS.
It is basically a shout orientated setup. Where I do a shout for something and like someone so I give them a pearl to take them again to a different shout. Eventually a group builds from that.

I'd take him up on it. Spicy is one of the better players on Asura from what I have seen, and just a decent person. Both are pretty goddamn rare at this point.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2015-12-01 20:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Just make a shout party.... nowadays most people do stuff by shout or circle of friends, or trust solo, instead of going to "ls events"

Yeah I mean the only reason I'm looking for an event LS is because "Looking for close circle of friends that wants to take me in" seems kind of needy, but event LS's always seem to need WHM and GEO so

Shout groups are just too uncoordinated and unreliable, it gets frustrating to deal with. To solo high end stuff with trusts you need high end gear on BLU and THF and other good solo jobs, plus I hate BST so that's tough to deal with.

Post deleted by User.
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2015-12-01 20:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm glad Carrotchan gave me a pearl lol although I hope I can pull my own weight
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2015-12-01 21:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Only have to carry Spicy, toofat

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-01 21:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
Afania said: »

Yeah I mean the only reason I'm looking for an event LS is because "Looking for close circle of friends that wants to take me in" seems kind of needy, but event LS's always seem to need WHM and GEO so

Shout groups are just too uncoordinated and unreliable, it gets frustrating to deal with. To solo high end stuff with trusts you need high end gear on BLU and THF and other good solo jobs, plus I hate BST so that's tough to deal with.

Since we have trusts now, we don't really need traditionally "good solo jobs" to solo NM now. That's the point of trusts, to cover the healing/tank role and allow jobs that don't have high survivability such as BLU, THF or BST solo just fine. For example, COR isn't known as good solo job except lv 75 era QD kiting. But people have been soloing Escha T2 on COR in 2~3 min with trusts.

To sum up, as long as you have good tank/healing trusts and your SAM can hit stuff, you should be able to solo at least a few easier escha NMs.

As for the /shout groups, there are tricks to run a good party. Communication is key, most groups fail because the leader doesn't know how to communicate.

First of all, you need to set specific gear requirements to make sure everyone has appropriate performance. You don't want 900 acc DD on ilv 130+ content for example.

The leader also needs to understand the content very well, and make sure every party member stand on exactly the right spot and do exactly the right action.

Every time when I see a group fail, it's often because the leader didn't understand the content enough, and just expects every member knows what to do without telling them. Obviously this won't work very well.

I didn't ask you not to join LS though, just provide some alternatives to get stuff done. Even if you do find a LS with scheduled events, they don't necessary do content that you really need. For example, most LS don't do vagary since most people already got clear. If your LS are very "high end" they may not do Escha T1~T2 as well. Hardmode battle is certainly a /shout content, since every BC drops different gears and it's hard to get enough people from the same LS needing the same BC.

If you need gear/clear from those you may still need to deal with shout.
By Luminohelix 2015-12-02 04:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes the current state of the game is nice. You can easily join/shout for what you want to try and get done. But I think experiencing everything with friends has always made the adventure/friendships better because you go through the struggle together. (I understand some of you think content is easy, that's fine. Also using pugs is also fine) but in the end, I'd always want to have friends to do stuff together even if it means doing older content I already did to help each other and ultimately have fun. (Not saying you can't have fun just doing end game either, that is fine too). Tldr; everything is better with friends than alone. (In my experience and opinion) :)
[+]
By Yeno7 2015-12-08 12:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

bump :D! I haz a trying to make a good LS we do have few ppl that are good players, other that need a little work and other that are starting, all welcome to join or I can join you guys i dont mind :3
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-08 14:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Luminohelix said: »
Yes the current state of the game is nice. You can easily join/shout for what you want to try and get done. But I think experiencing everything with friends has always made the adventure/friendships better because you go through the struggle together. (I understand some of you think content is easy, that's fine. Also using pugs is also fine) but in the end, I'd always want to have friends to do stuff together even if it means doing older content I already did to help each other and ultimately have fun. (Not saying you can't have fun just doing end game either, that is fine too). Tldr; everything is better with friends than alone. (In my experience and opinion) :)

I'm going to point out what you said "shouting for what you want and current state of the game is nice" only applies in asura. Everywhere else u can shout for an hour and get nothing.