Forum » FFXI » General » PC - Xbox Controller Woes
PC - Xbox Controller Woes
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2015-11-27 20:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm trying to setup my brand new xbox 360 controller for my laptop and everything's working fine, except that the config tool will not let me change which button is confirm and which is cancel. No matter how I set it, it insists that Green/A is cancel and Red/B is select/confirm.

Every other change to config settings works exactly as it's told but these two will not change.

I'm using Windower 4 (if that's remotely relevant). XInput is enabled (doesn't work at all if it's not). I'm using the default, plugged it in and it worked, xbox controller driver on windows 10.

The changes impact the test-gamepad panel, and the separate tool for configuring controller with for PoL works fine for POL controls, but once I get to rules accceptance screen a few clicks before character selection, Red/B suddenly becomes select/confirm.

I am not using Steam.

I tried googling and found people with various controller problems related to ffxi, but not this.
[+]
By Zubis 2015-11-27 20:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a known issue.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/49120-Game-pad-and-FFXiPadConfig-not-working-correctly?s=a01d12097876b41ebb4870088f0fcf6b&p=567041#post567041

Will be fixed in December.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2015-11-27 21:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! The workaround provided by Zhronne works for me!

Quote:
For who is interested, atm I found a way for a "temporary fix".
Before this patch I used my Xbox360 controller without the triggers (they didn't work), and I had manually mapped CTRL and ALT macros to the left and right bumpers, and autorun on "start" in place of the "logout" function.
How to reactivate such a setup with the current problem?
Follow these steps:

1. Go into the FFXI folder AND the ToolEU (US if you're american) subfolder
2. Backup the xinputdll.dll file in each of those folders
3. Delete the 2 files
4. Load the FFXI Pad config application
5. Select "Default" preset
6. Proceed to re-set all the buttons and sticks the way you want them
7. Exit and save

Success! You have now reactivate the pad config situation you had before the patch.
Now of course this is only a temporary solution until SquareEnix release an updated and fixed version of their xinputdll.dll, but until then it works good for me :)
[+]