Rhapsodies Of Vana'diel Song [Players Credits/Translation]

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Rhapsodies of Vana'diel Song [Players credits/Translation]
Rhapsodies of Vana'diel Song [Players credits/Translation]
By ventas 2015-11-27 06:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello guys.

A video with the credits of who participated in the final chorus finally is up.

Also a fan translation of the song is on the official forums as well.

YouTube Video Placeholder

----------------------------
~Rhapsodies of Vana’diel~
「ヴァナ・ディールの星唄」
[Vana’diel no Hoshi Uta]

思い出す
[Omoi dasu]
I remember them
独り立ちの日
[Hitoridachi no hi]
The days when we stood on our own
時が経ち家族となり
[Toki ga tachi kazoku to nari]
Those times we spent became like a family to me
走り疲れて見上げれば
[Hashiri tsukarete miagereba]
After being tired of running on this journey, I looked up above
星の唄と絆のコーラス
[Hoshi no uta to kizuna no ko-rasu]
In the stars there is a chorus with the bonds we formed

今こそ響き渡れ
[Ima koso hibiki watare]
Now is the time for it to resound
世界の名前はヴァナ・ディール
[Sekai no namae wa Vana’diel]
The name of that world, Vana’diel
神の子冒険者よ
[Kami no ko boukensha yo]
Adventurers, children of the Goddess
クリスタルのもとへ
[Kurisutaru no moto e]
Who all came from the crystal

届いてる 呼びかけの声
[Todoiteru yobikake no koe]
It reaches me, those calling voices
新しい答えがある
[Atarashii kotae ga aru]
There is a whole new answer
愛に包まれて
[Ai ni tsutsumarete]
It wrap us in love
空を超えて光り出す
[Sora wo koete hikari dasu]
Goes beyond the skies and shines intensely

今また力合わせ
[Ima mata chikara awase]
Now, one more time, let us gather strength
世界を繋ごう ヴァナ・ディール
[Sekai wo tsunagou Vana’diel]
Let the world be together as one, Vana’diel
希望の旅は続く
[Kibou no tabi wa tsuzuku]
The journey of hope continues
遥か永久に
[Haruka tokoshie ni]
And it will do so, forevermore…

FINAL FANTASY XI © 2002-2015 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
All Rights Reserved.
-----------------

Oh the feels....
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-11-27 07:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my much feels.

I remember my first ever step in Windurst all those years ago I didn't know how to pt, didn't know about subjobs, didn't know about the boat to selbina and the horrors that awaited.

I spent about a month leveling war to 17 in tahrongi canyon. Once I got my first linkshell it all changed and got stuff unlocked and learned about parties. After I had to quit that char for a few years I came back and it was a whole different experience made it to south gustaberg at level 5 with help for an LS photo. Oh those were the days lol.
[+]
 Asura.Masrur
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2015-11-27 08:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

#beautiful #shaking #crying

Whilst I don't like certain aspects of the game and how it has evolved, there is no doubt it was and still is a beautiful game. FF11 is heart warming whereas 14 is cold and lifeless even with the higher no. of players.

I would like to take the opportunity to reach out to players from my original LS on Remora... FishNChips.... The MV brings back awesome memories with you guys all those years ago! Miss you guys! Hope real life is treating you all well!

Remora - Shiryu.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-11-27 09:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

When I heard SE was gonna put fans up in the song, I was expecting ninjas to be droppin verses and ***.lyrical miracle spiritual individual. But only the la la la laaaa. How lame
Q_Q
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2015-11-27 09:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it wasn't like the final credit song was gonna be "Throw some Ridills on some ***."
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-11-27 10:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

would have rather preferred that tbh
By ventas 2015-12-03 23:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
When I heard SE was gonna put fans up in the song, I was expecting ninjas to be droppin verses and ***.lyrical miracle spiritual individual. But only the la la la laaaa. How lame
Q_Q

Iono, making ppl sing "la-la"'s is quite a toil already. imho

Making them sing a lyric would of implied of making 2 songs, japanese and english, and I'm pretty sure that 70% or more on the song were JP, since NA or EU tends to be a little shy/don't care about this.
By ventas 2015-12-03 23:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Oh my much feels.

I remember my first ever step in Windurst all those years ago I didn't know how to pt, didn't know about subjobs, didn't know about the boat to selbina and the horrors that awaited.

I spent about a month leveling war to 17 in tahrongi canyon. Once I got my first linkshell it all changed and got stuff unlocked and learned about parties. After I had to quit that char for a few years I came back and it was a whole different experience made it to south gustaberg at level 5 with help for an LS photo. Oh those were the days lol.

The feels train hit me hard when I saw the final CS.

But also this hit me right on the feels as well because there were plenty of players who showed their love/appreciation they feel towards the game. (´・ω・`) It really feels like a very emotive 'goodbye' from the players.
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2015-12-04 21:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Have they posted a list of people who contributed to the chorus? Since they collected server and character names, I'd love to see if I recognize anyone. :]

Edit: Never mind, guess the only list is in the video. Oh well, will have to wait till after work.^^
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-04 21:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This song got a certain Scotsman all Teary Eyed.

Not this one of course *cough*.
By ventas 2015-12-08 20:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Carrelo said: »
Have they posted a list of people who contributed to the chorus? Since they collected server and character names, I'd love to see if I recognize anyone. :]
The list is only at the end of the video.

So far there is not a list aside from that, but I think is pretty emotive to see our friends and all the players who poured some love into making this chorus while we hear the actual song.
[+]
By ventas 2015-12-08 20:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
This song got a certain Scotsman all Teary Eyed.

Not this one of course *cough*.

I know that feel, bro. hehe
By ventas 2015-12-16 21:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

An official translation of this song is published now.

SE Official translation, producer and singers comment

Also, there is this amazing and moving comment from one of the singers, RIRIKA. She, like all of us, is an avid player of the game.

Quote:
I took my first steps into Vana'diel seven years ago. Back then my home point was in Whitegate, so I guess that still makes me a newbie compared to a lot of other players.

Nonetheless, so many players went out of their way to help me get started that I never once felt alone.

After receiving so much help and support from my fellow adventurers, I was finally able to hold my own. I'll never forget how great it felt when it was finally my turn to help out a fellow player.

When we were asked to sing this ending song I was so happy I cried like a little kid and quickly told everyone I knew.

This song is like a precious gem to me. Part of me couldn't believe it at first, but when it finally started feeling real, I was just so grateful to be a part of it.

During recording, I actually couldn't keep myself from crying as I sang the first few lyrics. Those words perfectly captured how I felt at that moment.

But the best thing by far about this song is that I was able to sing it alongside so many of my fellow adventurers. When I first heard the idea for the chorus, I instantly understood how much love everyone who worked on FFXI must feel towards Vana'diel and all its people.

Being able to join voices with all the friends with which I had spent so many unforgettable hours was one of the best feelings of my life.

Vana'diel will always be a special place for me and one that I will never forget.

With all the NM-level love and thanks with a strength impossible to gauge,

RiRiKA

T^T
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By ventas 2015-12-16 22:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
I made the credits! Probably the most embarrassing thing I've ever done.

Worth it. ˆˆ
Peek-a-boo~~~

I see you♪ :3

necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [184 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2016-06-17 15:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember my wonderful first day. I wish I could remember the name of the guy that helped me all those years ago. Ghostkilla or something like that. He helped me get my gear for my war all the way up to 20.

The feels finally able to beat this game, they hit hard. Like you f---ing a fat girl and get caught.

All the late nights in aby with our shell. All the fun times dying. instead of getting mad, we would all just laugh it off. Mostly because Theblackdeath(tbd, Chosenone,) would aim that helm nm in aby la theiane at us lol. He said he was just making sure the healers were awake, poor T lol.

I wish this game could go on forever. So that other people can see what we saw. To experience what he did. I miss the 75 cap content. Taking hours to get a pt, well not when I was on rdm lol. Gathering together to hunt the nights prey, getting maybe a level or two.

This game makes us alot of close friends, and some enemies lol. But the friends that stick near and dear to you, well they become your family.

In closing, as im tearing up, (big softy), I just want to say, Thank you SE, for making a chat room with some game content behind it lol.

Cohan
Sylph
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Bobbinthrdbare
Server: Bahamut
user: BobbinT
By Bahamut.Bobbinthrdbare 2016-07-26 01:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow!

Thank you so much for compiling this glorious wonderful works. Kinda makes me cry just reminiscing all those wonderful (albet a bit short) journey through the realm of Vana'diel. :D

My only regret is finding out late about the chorus recruit campaign. But I am still so glad being part of this world. ^.^