Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » New TV- Using as Dual Monitor Problems
New TV- Using as Dual Monitor Problems
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-09-03 01:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got a new TV for watching videos etc from my computer but am having some problems that I can't seem to figure out the cause of or how to fix it.

--

First off, if someone can just point me right to a help forum or links for this kinda thing that'd be best- I dunno where to even start looking for help.

Samsung LN32B550K1F 32" LCD 1080p 1920x1080
Connected to nVidia 7600 GT via DVI > HDMI cable
Windows Vista 32
Updated video drivers/codec/programs

--

TV works as second monitor just fine but having problem playing videos.. I use Media Player Classic that comes with CCCP and never have had any problems playing anything.

When I try to play videos on the TV in full screen it just wont work. The video and the rest of the program freeze but the audio continues. Windowed video works fine until I resize it larger than my monitor's resolution (1280x1024).

I've found that:
-I set the TV as Main Monitor in my Display Settings, I can view full screen just fine.
-I set the TV as the same resolution or lower as my computer monitor, full screen works just fine.
-Other video programs work in full screen mode (WMP, VLC, Zoom) but are very pixelated and not smooth unlike MPC, which is nice and smooth, in full screen when set as Main (all the other programs are still blocky when TV is set to Main).

I can't understand why having it a larger resolution would make it not work at all, or cause the other programs to not resize it right and be pixelated.

I could set the TV as my Main before watching stuff and problem "solved".. but not really.. it's rather annoying to do (having all my programs etc start popping up in dif places). Also, if I do, and am watching on the TV, set as main, and try to use stuff open on my monitor, it will boot the video from full screen.

I've troubleshooted up to all that basic stuff and don't really know what to do at this point.. Any help would be appreciated. Hope I didn't hit the tl;dr point lol ><

----

Edit:

By taking the time to type out all that stuff.. after looking thru all the options MPC has.. I found more options that seem to change how video is displayed.

I can get it full screen now (lol after typing all that) but the image is not quite as crisp (clean) as it is when I put the TV as my main monitor.. so still trying to figure that out.

If anyone's interested.. in the Output options of MPC there are different DirectShow options to pick.. the one I had set was causing the problems.

So, any other pointers etc that would help I'd still be interested :D
 Shiva.Baer
Server: Shiva
user: Baer
By Shiva.Baer 2009-09-03 03:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Best bet would be to check out the forums at Evga.com they make nvidia refrence boards and cater to the enthusiasts. Just goto forums, video, 7 series.

GL
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-03 04:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

In reference to your TV not looking very crisp or clean, there may be a setting on the TV itself as to how it displays pictures. I believe there's something called a "1:1" display setting that might work, as I've heard that's generally the best setting for trying to get HDTV to display correctly on TVs used as monitors. D:

God I'm vague. ;