If I Had 25 Lbs. Of Documents From Square-Enix?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If I had 25 lbs. of documents from Square-Enix?
If I had 25 lbs. of documents from Square-Enix?
First Page 2
By billnes 2015-11-26 05:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
I don't know what exactly you are looking for, but this is a good starting point: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Game_Mechanics

Thanks so much for trying. Those were good articles, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. With a Google search, I found this blog. It's a well-written article, but still not exactly what I was looking for. The linked article was insightful, but didn't tell me anything new.

Here are two ways I can think of to describe what I'm looking for:

1) What if Edward Snowden had stolen documents from Square-Enix instead of the NSA.

2) If I had twenty-five (25) pounds of Square-Enix's in-house documents, regarding Final Fantasy XI, all marked "Secret", "Confidential" or "Proprietary", what would I lean from reading every single page?

I hope this is a better description of what I'm looking for.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-26 06:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok Im confused, you started this thread: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47834/combat-formulas

Deleted OP but replied to a comment in that thread with a new thread which is this one here, but since you deleted the OP of the previous thread, no one will know the context of what you're looking for.

Are you looking for some sort of conspiracy with regards to FFXI?
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-11-26 06:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

あなたは日本の書き込みを読むことができますか?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-11-26 06:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

billnes said: »
If I had twenty-five (25) pounds of Square-Enix's in-house documents, regarding Final Fantasy XI, all marked "Secret", "Confidential" or "Proprietary", what would I lean from reading every single page?
Nothing
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-11-26 06:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I'm not quite sure of what the OP is hoping to glean from this stash of confidential data also (specifically 25 pounds of it?)

I would suspect the first 24 pounds would consist of pages marked "Balance", while the last few pages would list "Please look forward to it." :p

One random page will include a caption with small type reading "We will secretly choose Mog Bonanza winning numbers so that the number of winners will be as small as possible". ^_-
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-11-26 06:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

open the envelope to find 25 pounds of spaghetti
[+]
By billnes 2015-11-26 06:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Ok Im confused, you started this thread: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47834/combat-formulas

Deleted OP but replied to a comment in that thread with a new thread which is this one here, but since you deleted the OP of the previous thread, no one will know the context of what you're looking for.

Are you looking for some sort of conspiracy with regards to FFXI?

I was afraid that if I put a new, reworded question inside of an old thread, I'd never get any reply to the revised question.

When I read the reply, it was kinda obvious that I did not ask the question correctly. After rewriting the text of the question, I decided to dump the old material. It wasn't needed. In short, it all boils down to this: "If I had copies Square-Enix's in-house, proprietary, only intended to be seen by employees, documentation about Final Fantasy XI, what would I learn if I read them?" It's just that simple.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-26 06:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

1) What if Edward Snowden had stolen documents from Square-Enix instead of the NSA.
He'd still be in America and no one would know who the *** he was.
2) If I had twenty-five (25) pounds of Square-Enix's in-house documents, regarding Final Fantasy XI, all marked "Secret", "Confidential" or "Proprietary", what would I lean from reading every single page?
What would there be to hide? If they were hiding something why would they leave a paper trail?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-26 06:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There isn't much that we haven't figured out by ourselves by now. Maybe hidden effects of some obscure equipment that nobody ever noticed.
[+]
By Ackeron 2015-11-26 06:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Millionaire's Desk gives TH+1!

>.>
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-26 06:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »

>.>
Lucky Egg too.
[+]
By Ackeron 2015-11-26 06:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Ackeron said: »

>.>
Lucky Egg too.
Don't forget the 4 leaf Mandy bud!
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-11-26 06:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

"Do not ever fix the right front foot of the beetle or the game will end."
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-26 07:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dream Hat reduces XP lost upon raising via Raise 1.
[+]
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-11-26 07:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Your accuracy actually goes down for a minute or so whenever you gain a level.

I've noticed this numerous times on mules. As soon as they ding a level on a job, they start whiffing way more than usual.
[+]
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-11-26 07:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Could just be the new skill level being applied.

As for the OP SE isn't the mafia nor the US government they don't send documents around house with "Top Secret" on them. Espeically not the US side of things and especially not FFXI.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-11-26 07:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The highest intended item level for FFXI is 225! And it's already in the game!

By billnes 2015-11-26 07:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

That's interesting. That's more along the lines of what I was looking for. Thanks for posting this.
By billnes 2015-11-26 07:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
あなたは日本の書き込みを読むことができますか?

From Google Translate
Can you read the writing of Japan?

No. English only. /cry

If you would like to post links to Japanese documents about FFXI, please feel free to do so. I'll try to get translations.
By Malebolge 2015-11-27 00:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I probably still have that leaked GM manual that SE threw lawyers at BlueGartr about saved somewhere. What I recall was it wasn't very interesting.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-11-27 01:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

That's interesting. That's more along the lines of what I was looking for. Thanks for posting this.

That's just a number showing that the value is 8-bit.
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-11-27 01:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You would learn the truth about Treasure Hunter and how it does nothing, also Haste takes time to proc.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-11-27 01:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe we'd finally found out if there's no DRG for party and camp spot site with 30 dmg, is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-11-27 07:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
I don't know what exactly you are looking for, but this is a good starting point: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Game_Mechanics

Thanks so much for trying. Those were good articles, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. With a Google search, I found this blog. It's a well-written article, but still not exactly what I was looking for. The linked article was insightful, but didn't tell me anything new.

Here are two ways I can think of to describe what I'm looking for:

I hope this is a better description of what I'm looking for.
You'd learn that there are loopholes regarding item restoration and avoiding bans "properly".

You'd learn that very few of the employees played FFXI and very few know it at all.
You'd learn that Japanese at SE have the worst level of English you'll ever see.
You'd learn that calling your character "*** Mcniggerson" doesn't get you banned easily because of the flows.
You'd learn a lot of things that would make your gaming experience much more comfortable and efficient.
You'd learn a lot of things that'd make you dislike the company, especially its employees above a certain level.

That's all I can think of right now.
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
Server: Lakshmi
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2015-11-27 10:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

PS2 Limitations: The Coverup
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2015-11-27 10:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

how other spells do more than fire. i mean you can't just be on fire and be like this don't hurt.
[+]
By billnes 2015-11-28 10:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Malebolge said: »
I probably still have that leaked GM manual that SE threw lawyers at BlueGartr about saved somewhere. What I recall was it wasn't very interesting.

A leaked GM manual? That's cool. That's the types of documents I'm looking for. If you can provide a download link, it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Found it in less than 5 minutes with a Google search. I find it a fascinating read. The copy I found has some handwritten notes that are too faint to read. It's a shame. Being able to read that would be a little bit more of the insight I wanted.

Thanks so much!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-11-28 20:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Schizm Gallantry said: »
Just want to mention, if you are looking for information about the servers as well as how to run FFXI on private servers, there's projects out there that people tell you exactly what to do. So for even knowing GM commands which you have to have authority to use, they tell you how to use it.

IF THIS IS what you are looking for, definitely read the sites FAQ, they have some real odd information on how severe lag and server shut downs happen if certain things happen, one that seems to plague people is if someone sorts the auction house items, everyone gets lagged.
I haven't paid much attention to the latest trend but none of the commands I've seen from any private FFXI projects (I used to have my own server but that was back in 2008 or so, I forgot this project's name) were the same as the ones used by GMs.

Said project I mention had very counter intuitive commands whereas the GM commands used by SE are much more simple.

Malebolge said: »
They called the lawyers for that outdated manual? It was already outdated in 2008 but still has a lot of still used guide lines.

Aren't you mistaking the lawyer attack with what happened on BG "private" in 2012/2013?
First Page 2