Russian Fighter Jet Shot Down By Turkey

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Russian Fighter Jet Shot Down By Turkey
Russian Fighter Jet Shot Down By Turkey
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-11-26 20:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
US is grossly responsible for the Islamic State's existence.
As for arming them...well, I don't know about directly, but they armed the syrian rebels who gave up and got all the weapons passed to the IS who got some free upgrades lol.

But US is also the one who bombed them the most out of all those who sent stuff there.
Chyretta said: »
Russian military would destroy the United States Military in less then a month so shut up sissy America's.
They may be bigger, but tech wise I am not so sure..as for " sissy Americans". Not sure that's true either. If it was, why do so many countries ask for our help?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-11-26 20:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry about that person, I topic banned them.

There's a fine line between normal P&R nonsense and coming in here throwing around hate speech and trolling.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2015-11-26 22:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If it was, why do so many countries ask for our help?

Sorry to break it to ya, but lot's of times they DON'T ask for help, but we stick our nose into everyone's business anyways. ;)
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-26 23:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
Quote:

Sorry to break it to ya, but lot's of times they DON'T ask for help, but we stick our nose into everyone's business anyways. ;)

We definitely protect our interests whether the want it or not, but aside from Bush's wars, we haven't been uninvited as often as people claim.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2015-11-27 00:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
US is grossly responsible for the Islamic State's existence.
As for arming them...well, I don't know about directly, but they armed the syrian rebels who gave up and got all the weapons passed to the IS who got some free upgrades lol.

But US is also the one who bombed them the most out of all those who sent stuff there.
Chyretta said: »
Russian military would destroy the United States Military in less then a month so shut up sissy America's.
They may be bigger, but tech wise I am not so sure..as for " sissy Americans". Not sure that's true either. If it was, why do so many countries ask for our help?

Largely, because we will help.

A lot of nations do this irrational thing like looking out for their own welfare first. We climb deeper and deeper into a national debt that we don't even care how we're going to get out of. Our actions helped create/arm the Al Qaeda and ISIS and yet we keep going to wars we can't afford and have no business in.

Either our actions help to arm the radicals or our presence makes the lives worse of the people we're trying to help and then they join up with the radicals.

I mean really, I ignore a lot of the drivel on Facebook, but we do have a lot of homeless former military and regular citizens or people who are just living in deplorable dangerous situations, but let's send our soldiers to die so that we can... eventually just get the hell out anyway, #sorrynotsorry about the mess.

In MMO terms, we're the guy who sees a party wiping and tries to save them and wipes his own party in the process.

One of these days, we'll forget reraise.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-11-27 00:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
One of these days, we'll forget reraise.
China. You're up. Good Luck.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-27 11:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Erdogan says Putin doesn't answer his calls.
Putin says he won't pick up until Erdogan publicly says he's sorry about what happened.

As dire as the situation is they also both sound so funny lol; so I googled Putin tsundere

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-11-27 15:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Omnys you seem to forget that the USA is an industrial plutocracy.

We go where our overlords seek resources, to blow off pricey munitions, to make money for our corporate overlords.

If we leave a stinking mess behind they make even more money.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-11-27 15:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
Quote:

Sometimes that's true. But the Vast majority?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-30 16:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Tsipras went and made a bit fun of the turkish government about this issue saying "Good thing Greece isn't as hot headed like Turkey is with russian jets", about the fact that Turkey violeted their borders 1600 times.

Devutoglu's response "Now's not the time Tsipras, let's focus on positive things!"

Once again turkish reactions make laugh. But indeed the double standard is worth pointing out.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-30 17:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It would have been funnier if the Turks were just brutally honest with the Greeks and pointed out they weren't capable of downing Turkish jets.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-30 18:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anti-missile defense systems drawn on cardboard boxes to scare the enemies!
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-11-30 19:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Once again turkish reactions make laugh. But indeed the double standard is worth pointing out.
The funniest reaction I read so far was from the russian Sports ministry. The russian football clubs are not allowed to sign new turkish players in the upcoming transfer window. source

It only makes remotely 'sense' if the Jet was downed not by a missile but a football.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-30 20:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Stupid knee jerk nationalist speech after a newsworthy event? Seems like the Russians aren't that different from the Americans.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-30 23:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If you think about it, the US violates more country's airspace and at a higher rate than Russia does.

We have more bases around the world than any other country. And I'm sure those pilots are making all sorts of training exercises all the time.
These two statements have nothing to do with each other? Violation isn't simply being present.
Sorry, but are you saying that the US has permission every single time they have a training exercise?

I seriously doubt that they even bother to let Germany know when they are going to send some jets up in the air every single time, they just do it. Or Japan. Or Italy. Or The Netherlands...

Sorry for late response.

Actually the USA does have permission every single time. The US has agreements with every NATO nation about sharing airspace for military training or even campaigns. The US also has separate agreements with several non-NATO countries which allow the same thing. This is very important because during the beginning of "Bush's wars" there was a pretty bad dispute between Turkey and the US about using Turkish airspace to transport stuff to and from the middle east. Turkey supports those guys wanting to take over Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria as it's in their nations best interests, which makes them allowing the US to use their airspace a bit of a sore point. Eventually the US twisted their arm about their membership in NATO and they acquiesced provided it was supplies only and not combat aircraft. They even were forced to let the USA use NATO airbases in Turkey as refueling and logistic hubs. This is why Turkey is getting defensive about it's airspace involving Russia. They really don't like the Russians and the is no agreement between them authorizing one to use the airspace of another. Chances are that Russia was violating Turkish airspace by using it as a thoroughfare to run combat ops. The Turkish didn't like that and took this moment to show it's displeasure while simultaneously getting back at the USA for using their NATO membership to twist their arms into supporting the "Bush wars". It's got a bit of delicious irony to it. The USA say's "Turkey you must allow us to use your airspace to support operations against your friends or you may be in violation of your NATO membership". Later Turkey say's "USA we just caused a whole lot of international heartache and you have to protect us against any retaliation from Russia because we're part of NATO *cheesy smile*"

In the case of Japan and South Korea I can state authoritatively they absolutely do have permission. The USA has airbases in both countries along with a Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) that not only allows the US to maintain troops in those nations, but also enables the US to freely use those nations airspace's for military operations. The only requirement is that the US inform each nations national defense authority if it is doing anything out of the ordinary. I've personally been in helicopters flying from one base to another out here.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-03 11:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So after accusing Turkey of working with IS and blocking commerce between them and Russia, Putin said the reaction will not be limited to economic sanctions alone and Petrov piled on saying that Turkey "will regret twice what they did" they should expect more.

So...what?
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-03 11:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, Putin is posturing on the international stage instead of just the domestic one. I'd consider that worth noting.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-03 11:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure the Turks are worried.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-03 12:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt it, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be. Turkey is using the situation to try and force the US's hand. NATO is apprehensive about supporting them. So, we're basically in a situation where NATO members have to puff out their chests against Putin or risk Turkey making move overt moves to subvert the efforts against ISIS. They aren't supporting terrorism, but some members of their government stand to make a lot of money if ISIS continues to be a nuisance.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-03 12:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That aside they had another one of their funny exchange...

Putin "We have proof that Turkey helps ISIS."
Erdogan "No, Russia helps ISIS!"

lol.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-03 12:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Typical posturing to garner support. Until one or the other ponies up some real evidence, I'll continue to give them literally none of my attention.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-03 12:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I was being sarcastic, there is no reason for anyone to worry about Putin.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-12-03 12:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That aside they had another one of their funny exchange...

Putin "We have proof that Turkey helps ISIS."
Erdogan "No, Russia helps ISIS!"

lol.

Plot Twist! they are both helping ISIS!
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-03 13:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Tsipras went and made a bit fun of the turkish government about this issue saying "Good thing Greece isn't as hot headed like Turkey is with russian jets", about the fact that Turkey violeted their borders 1600 times.

Devutoglu's response "Now's not the time Tsipras, let's focus on positive things!"

According to our Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Greece claims that their airspace is 10 miles but in fact, their territorial waters are only 6 miles (same as ours) and according to the related international laws, your airspace can't exceed your territorial waters.

The space between their and our territorial waters is international airspace and can't be claimed to be owned by any country. Their claim of an airspace that is 10 miles wide isn't officially accepted by any international organization that might have a say in this issue and legally speaking, it isn't possible to begin with.

They are also known for claiming to own... some tiny island (more like rock) in the Aegean Sea saying that it was among the islands (which belonged to Ottomans until the end of Italo-Turkish War) Italy (who didn't even fight for them, but that is off-topic) left to them at the end of WW2, referencing a document from Paris Peace Treaties in 1947 that only has ambigious statements regarding the status of those... rocks around the main islands. We almost went into war with them over a... rock in 1996.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-03 13:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

I wouldn't say that, necessarily. The dude could go off the deep end and start patrolling NATO coastlines with nuclear subs. He's been called unstable by crediblev analysts. I just don't think he's stupid enough to actually do it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-03 13:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
crediblev
Is that russian?
By Altimaomega 2015-12-03 13:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

They've gotten to Jassik!
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-03 14:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

crediblev
Is that russian?

Dagum Android.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-03 15:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Unless you live in Ukraine.

I wouldn't say that, necessarily. The dude could go off the deep end and start patrolling NATO coastlines with nuclear subs....
START? He has been doing that for a decade or so.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-03 16:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
START? He has been doing that for a decade or so.

If we're being honest, Russia has been in international waters off the coast of big players for decades. Under Putin the first time around, they were spotted in or very near sea ports as well as patrolling within those countries' waters. In recent years, though, they have stuck to international waters as far as has been reported.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8