11/13/2015 Paris Terrorist Attack

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » 11/13/2015 Paris Terrorist Attack
11/13/2015 Paris Terrorist Attack
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2015-11-13 21:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-11-13 23:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This attack is terrible and i hope there arent too many more before the world unites to stop these people. But that symbol is pretty dumb, its like a mix of "Peace" and "Anarchy" they might want to use more detail on it.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-11-13 23:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Back on topic: I'm hearing a ton of variance in the lives lost. Anywhere from 100-200. Why are news outlets reporting numbers that are unconfirmed?
News outlets always report unconfirmed numbers, these are some of the biggest stories they'll ever report on and it's a race to who can be first even if the numbers are flawed.

It was scary seeing the death toll numbers keep going up. When I first heard about it there were only 16 dead, then went to 40, 70, and now in the middle 100s. Someone from inside concert hall even tweeted out that they were executing all the hostages begging the police to come in.
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-11-14 02:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have many french members in my EU endgame shell, and some of them heard the explosions as the bombs went off. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected, to all the innocent lives lost, and all those injured and their families. I hope those responsible (many are reported dead but of course there is probably others out there) are brought to justice. To all my french TLOU members you are all in our thoughts and prayers as your country goes through this horrible ordeal. We <3 ya!
[+]
 Leviathan.Vienne
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-11-14 02:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I lived in Paris for a while and i was truly shocked by this news, Its a truly wonderful city, it breaths culture, food, hospitality. The mothers fathers and children of Paris do not deserve to wake up with having lost a relative or friend. Many of the victims probably didnt have an opinion about war in Syria or were even against it for that matter.
These people just want to sow the seed of fear in people's hearts with these cowardly attacks. The world is so connected that this by all means could happen anywhere.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-11-14 02:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard from the news that they had opened fire on approximately a hundred hostages in the concert hall...

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By maldini 2015-11-14 03:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
"Witnesses said the attackers at the Bataclan shouted “Allahu akbar” and blamed France’s military intervention in Syria as they sprayed bullets into the crowd watching US rock band Eagles of Death Metal and took dozens hostage."
http://www.thenational.ae/world/europe/suicide-attackers-in-paris-massacre-more-than-120-at-concert-hall-restaurants-stade-de-france

France's military intervention in Syria?
This was a Syrian Govern't operation (Bashar and his ruling party) supported by Russia.
120 people were killed and the terrorist attacks were very well coordinated - military level organization.
I think Russia is ultimately behind this. They're training Syrian military to do operations like this.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Who benefits from this terrorist attack?

- Syrian Refugees fleeing the Proxy wars? Hell no. In The News Soon: Syrian Refugees massacred across Europe in retaliation for Paris terrorist attacks. Russia, Iran and the Syrian Regime are betting on people's ignorance.

- US - Arab coalition fighting ISIS in Syria/Iraq and Yemen? (UAE,saudi, Bahrain,US) Nope - the arab coalition has the most to lose by this as the general public will lump them together with ISIS as "those arabs"

- Rebels (Free Syrian Army) fighting ISIS and Bashar? Nope. On second thought, they might benefit because the US and EU + Arabs might increase their support for them in an effort to take down Bashar and ISIS. But they're so weak and on the verge of starving this winter. Russia is bombing the hell out of them on a daily basis. The best they can do is hold territory that can't be seized through air offences.

- ISIS? nope, this will be the reason the coalition ramps up their game and wipes them out, God willing. They're also being attacked by the Free Syrian Army, The Russians, The Iranians, Hezbolah, The Iraqi Government, The US led GCC/Arab Coalition. They stand the least to gain.

- Tyrants and Dictators of the syrian regime and their allies Russia and Iran? YES! they are THE ONLY ones to gain from this terrorist attack. Why? Because they are fighting both the Syrian Rebels that are supported by the EU and US, as well as ISIS.

EDIT:
Israel - No gain or loss from this. Saudi and Israel are actually starting to communicate with each other and there are hints on the horizon of cooperation between the two against terrorism.

Quote:
The Madness Of The Syria Proxy War In One Chart

Michael B Kelley

Oct. 16, 2013, 1:11 PM 42,753 26
FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN
TWITTER
EMAIL
PRINT
The Syrian war, now in its 31st month, has transformed into a full-blown proxy war.

The conflict not only involves Syria's neighbors and regional powers, but also Western countries and numerous fighters from more than 25 countries.

We've put together a chart to make sense of the major players backing each side and the infighting that has plagued the opposition to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

It's an oversimplication, especially on the rebel side, but provides a basic idea of who's with who:

Syria
Mike Nudelman/Business Insider

The side of the Syrian regime is pretty straightforward. Russia has supported them in various forms even before protests began in March 2011.

Iraq has facilitated Iranian supply flights through its territory and placed elite Shia militias under the command of the Qods force (i.e., international wing) of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards (IRGC).

Iran, seeking to protect the Shia crescent that extends from Tehran to Beirut, has been sending troops from its Revolutionary Guards and from its Lebanese proxy Hezbollah while also training Shia militias from Syria, Iraq, and elsewhere. Iranian commanders are increasingly calling the shots on the ground.

Part of Assad's strategy seemingly involved pulling out of northern towns to allow Kurdish fighters to take over, thereby weakening his Sunni enemies.

But some Kurds have chosen to fight the Syrian Arab Army alongside the Free Syrian Army (FSA), and the Kurdish National Council (KNC) formally joined the Western-backed Syrian National Coalition (SNC) in August.

Kurdish fighters affiliated with the Kurdish Democratic Union Party (PYD), meanwhile, have spent much of their time recently fighting al-Qaeda fighters and other Islamic rebels in the north of the country.

After the al-Qaeda-affiliated Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) overran FSA rebels in the town of Azaz near the Turkish border, Kurdish fighters fought ISIS with the ousted rebels. (Jabhat al-Nusra is considered a separate al-Qaeda affiliate within Syria.)

Interestingly, though it is not listed on the graphic, many in the opposition believe that the Syrian regime have helped bolstered al-Qaeda's presence in Syria to counter the less radical rebels.

Most of the largest Islamist factions recently denounced the SNC and formed Jaish al-Islam ("the Army of Islam") with the blessing of Saudi Arabia. The SNC-affiliated Free Syrian Army was dealt a significant blow by the formation of the Army of Islam but still works with the Army of Islam.

Gulf states, led by Qatar and the Saudis, have been supporting Islamic factions since at least early last year. Private donors in Kuwait also contribute.

Some rebel groups, most notably Ahrar al-Sham, fall outside of the bubbles above but also benefit from Gulf donors (primarily via Qatar and Kuwait) and work with other rebel factions.

The SNC remains the only viable political opposition, but almost no one on the ground supports the coalition. Furthermore, the SNC recently rejected peace talks while the Assad's regime doesn't recognize its legitimacy anyway, so a political solution is not an option at this point.

The Israel Defense Force has bombed targets in Syria on several occasions in relation to its own interests. In July 2011 President Shimon Peres said that "Assad must go," but the office of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu recently said that the country's position involves "not intervening in internal Syrian affairs."

Here's the arena where all of these countries and groups are vying for control:syria
REUTERS
http://www.businessinsider.com/who-is-involved-in-the-war-in-syria-2013-10
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-14 04:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
While it won't be to anyone's surprise, has IS claimed responsibility for the attacks yet?
I posted it last night in random p&r but yes they did.
By Ruaumoko 2015-11-14 05:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Maldini

Russia is behind a terrorist attack in Paris...!? That was some of the biggest *** I have ever read on this forum.

What the *** are you on about? Get your tinfoil hat off you feckless neophyte, what's happened here is clear as day.

These were ISIS militants who slipped through French national security measures with the recent deluge of immigrants fleeing Syria. They targeted Paris, the largest French urban center, because France is involved in the aerial campaign against ISIS who are fighting against Assad's regime. That France continues to be an ally of the US does not help its case in the eyes of Islamic extremists either.

Oh, and about your point on who has the most to gain out of this? Here it is spelt out.
Short answer: ISIS.
Who loses? Everyone else.

The US and Russia are after the same goal in Syria, the eradication of ISIS, but the US is also determined to remove Assad from power because he is a staunch ally of the Iranian regime. Russia will not have that because it, and China, have vested interests in the continued survival of the Assad regime and stability in Syria; namely the Port of Tartus near Damascus which serves as Russia and China's main naval base in the Mediterranean Sea. Russia and China also have their relations with Syria and Iran to consider, another reason why they are opposing the US at every turn.

The utterly idiotic and disastrous foreign policy of the US that began with the invasion of Iraq is directly responsible for the origins of ISIS, something US officials are none-too-keen to admit. ISIS is a group that was borne out of the power vacuum left by the death of Saddam Hussein and continued with the removal of Gaddafi and now the attempted removal of Assad. The more the Middle East is destabilized and central authorities/power figures collapse the more room radical Islamic extremism has to expand and gain new followers; it does not take a genius to work this out. ISIS was able to grow because it used the weapons that the US and various NATO members gave them to fight in Libya and smuggled them through Turkey into Syria, where they are currently being used to fight against Assad's regime, inadvertently on behalf of the US.

If anything, Russia is actually the protagonist of this sorry story and the US (it's elected officials, not its citizens) is the villain as the puppeteer who lost control of its proxy army in the form of ISIS. The history books of the next century are going to depict the US during this time in an extremely negative way for the actions of its elected officials and the hilariously incompetent way its foreign policy has been handled.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-14 05:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I read an article stating that these people are hard to catch cause they are europeans who attack different EU countries instead of their own and intelligences don't cooperate with each other.

So if say France knows all about its own possible terrorists, it doesn't know anything about those coming from Germany, and viceversa.

I don't know if there's any basis to this though.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-11-14 05:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Dear France,

Sorry we created the worst extremist group seen in decades.

Love,
The USA.
Np lol, like you we sell guns and dead device since long time.
We also goes to other country to "make the peace" and "refresh democratie"
we are very similar as USA on all this points, we just forget to take care more about us before manage other's probléme.
i don't talk about saoudian and katar ppl, they are in other world ...

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-11-14 08:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasting your own time saying your thoughts are with the families and lives lost, they can't hear you, nor can the dead, nor does it achieve anything. And I loath reading it as it's just so trivial.

If I had family's lost, I wouldn't want your light hearted sympathy you give as you go back to your lives. Especially over the internet. I'd want action, and so do they.
[+]
 Asura.Sesono
user: Zyanide
By Asura.Sesono 2015-11-14 08:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ISIS gains the most from this? How? How do Terrorists in general "gain" something while doing such things - especially in a foreign country? I could understand if they do such things in their home country ...but this is diffrent.

What will happen next? France and probably all EU Countrys will rise their efforts towards ISIS ...even start a new War somewhere else. And its easy... people are in shock, frightend, no one will ask questsions. The War Treadmill goes on and on...more Refugees every day. We already have certain citys who admit that they have serious issues securitywise because there are just too many Refugees - our country (germany) is going to get destabilzed not only by Refugees but by the opinions people have on them... it starts to get radical.

So - who gains something? Who gains from Wars? You know the answer... its always the same. And i shamelessly point to the far west, there are the puppetmasters you seek, not the people but the "Administration"
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-11-14 08:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
@ Maldini

Oh, and about your point on who has the most to gain out of this? Here it is spelt out.
Short answer: ISIS. Direction générale de la sécurité intérieure, CIA, הַמוֹסָד‎
Who loses cares? Everyone else Not enough people.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-11-14 08:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Dear France,

Sorry we created the worst extremist group seen in decades.

Love,
The USA.
Obama
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-14 08:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

News here is saying that ISIS claims France is their main target and that this is the beginning of a storm

They also said that all the locations were chosen beforehand

"Eight brothers who wore bomb belts and guns attacked areas in the heart of the French capital who were specifically chosen beforehand. France, and all nations following in its footsteps, will know that they will be at the top of the list of ISIS' list of targets."

Still not 100% if it's genuine but it seems it might be
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-11-14 09:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sesono said: »
ISIS gains the most from this? How? How do Terrorists in general "gain" something while doing such things - especially in a foreign country? I could understand if they do such things in their home country ...but this is diffrent.

What will happen next? France and probably all EU Countrys will rise their efforts towards ISIS ...even start a new War somewhere else. And its easy... people are in shock, frightend, no one will ask questsions. The War Treadmill goes on and on...more Refugees every day. We already have certain citys who admit that they have serious issues securitywise because there are just too many Refugees - our country (germany) is going to get destabilzed not only by Refugees but by the opinions people have on them... it starts to get radical.

So - who gains something? Who gains from Wars? You know the answer... its always the same. And i shamelessly point to the far west, there are the puppetmasters you seek, not the people but the "Administration"
ISIS gained a fantastic KDA.

The problem we are having nowadays is that we got too soft (humanity, not just France), we made way too many laws that directly prevent us from solving issues such as terrorism.

I wouldn't call it war, what needs to be done, I would call it extermination. What needs to happen is simple: every country involved should simply bomb 100% of the countries related to terrorism. Innocents? Can't afford the risk. Not my kind at all to say that but, subjectivity won't save people whether they're from my country or the next one targeted (or the past ones).

They need to simply make an international law that allows for open war/extermination when terrorism is proved. As simple as that. Syria proved of being the cradle of terrorism? Wipe it. There is literally no loss that would come from it outside of the innocents. Unfortunately, going against my feelings and just thinking logically, they are at the wrong place, at the wrong time. If that is the only objective loss, then it can be afford, and it should be.

But, the way things are now, nothing will happen, because nothing can possibly happen. Countries made international laws that do not apply to every country, it was just dumb of whoever thought that way. We're gonna do something I'm sure, like more drones or more internal security, but it's still jokes. Nothing will be achieved this way.

This world needs Super Putin to fix things.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-11-14 09:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
I just don't get it... Why kill innocent people?
Its the definition of terrorism. Look it up.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-11-14 10:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
@ Maldini

with the recent deluge of immigrants

It's worse than that, some of the terrorist were born here apparently :(

I was there like past week-end and some of my friend live in the street it happened; there is some search in Belgium right now apparently this is where some of them come from/got their weapon from.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-14 11:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I read an article stating that these people are hard to catch cause they are europeans who attack different EU countries instead of their own and intelligences don't cooperate with each other.

So if say France knows all about its own possible terrorists, it doesn't know anything about those coming from Germany, and viceversa.

I don't know if there's any basis to this though.

The UN intelligence council and eu security were supposed to solve that problem, but I suspect there is less sharing than we are led to believe.
 Asura.Darknaut
user: Darknaut
By Asura.Darknaut 2015-11-14 11:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

A fact to understand the daily struggle on the fight against terrorism => religious radicalization of young muslim born in the country ! How can one fight against terrorism when the potential terrorist is, in 1st an ordinary citizen ?

My theory,sadly, we need to get used to the idea that we will see more of violent attack in the future because actually we do not now respond as mentioned above . . .

Need to be more vigilant on a daily, but after saw this attack on my country i said unfortunately we are not US citizen with the second amendment of constitution ? But is that the correct answer? idk ...
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-11-14 11:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone suprised at all?

Just curious.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-14 11:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »
Anyone suprised at all?

Just curious.

Do you need to be surprised to be outraged at more ISIS brand terrorism?
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-11-14 11:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm, you're never ready for that kind of stuff happening on place you often go
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-11-14 11:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Outraging ever helped? Not like ***started go boom since Paris.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-11-14 11:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course you are never ready for it - ***was sposed to go boom obviously since quite some time.

I also expected Berlin be more attractive as target tho - guess they need Germany a while longer for their benefits.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-14 11:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »
Outraging ever helped? Not like ***started go boom since Paris.

Claiming clairvoyance ever helped?

The possibility of a European or American city being hit by terror is always in the minds of people but that doesn't change the fact that you're shocked when it legit goes down.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14