New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » New Blackmage CP Farm
New Blackmage CP Farm
First Page 2
By Bamboom 2015-11-13 12:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you know of a good place for a new blm to farm CP. Right now I've been doing the original areas(Tree) and AoE farming mobs for around 400-500 CP a kill(~2k a pull). I tried doing the IT acuexes in the gates but they take a long time to kill and are very resistant to my magic(I'm guessing my m.acc isn't enough...)

Here is my current gearset:

ItemSet 338913

Hag: Magic Attack + 25 Aug

Should I focus on getting more M. Acc and go for the IT mobs or should I continue to AoE farm these weaker mobs? Is there lower level mobs in gates I can AoE farm too? Thanks!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-13 12:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

For the sake of making gil and stuff, I started doing the new zone last night. There are obviously some monsters in there that you don't want to mess with on BLM (Pixies, Frogs, Panopts, Hippogryphs in general), but pretty much everything else is fine to nuke. It takes me two nukes to kill things, but after I get some of that sweet new gear it shouldn't be a problem.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-11-13 12:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Although it sucks to lose a ton of mab, its amazing to gain its effect-using af3 119 feet with manawall and capped jp makes you near invincible for 5mins when farming mobs for exp. Even in the new escha you can train 8+mobs np with phalanx up and aja them down. Make sure you eat some pear crepe for macc and get as many int/macc/mab/refresh etc magecentric vorseals as you can. You might want to turn off nms with the new ki for 500 silt unless you're sure you can handle random nm spawns+adds. Some quick upgrades you can solo with npcs would be barkarole earring (3 int 8macc/mab) and the belt from warden of faith (4macc 10mab). I would suggest getting more helios/amalric but it appears it would be wasted once you get this new mage set with crazy augments from easily obtainable stones. But defiantly get af3 119 feet and lock them on when you use manawall which should be whenever its up if you're training mobs for aja cp, lastly i keep my cp bonus cape on when farming for that extra ~50% cp bonus. If you use a whm trust to proshell you and phalanx yourself with manawall up you should beable to train a whole wing of monsters(aern_sharks) near the escha shrine of ru'avitau entrance usuallly able to make trains of 15-20mobs but start small. Goodluck.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-11-13 12:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on you, your trust setup and if you have jp already merits into what as well as gear swaps for fast cast idle -dt etc. A brand new no nothing sparks blm (which you seem far above in gear) I would go play with Birds in marjami or some of the gates area vs ep mobs. if those are too weak just go to a higher tier zone or 1 with no issue of link/agro. some spots are always taken others are never. find some worms in Dho gates and switch out between crabs efts and fly in the ??? areas. My taru only takes 2 nukes to kill those 3 with a resist and seem to never run out of mp with myrkr
By Sephoroth 2015-11-13 13:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The 10mab/4macc belt comes from hope, not faith.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cero
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Cero 2015-11-18 11:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've found the Hippogryphs actually yield very good solo or party CP. I was able to solo 2.1M CP/hour last night on them (with Qultada, 1.6M/hour without) on chain 100+ nuking one at a time. I am in the 1355+ JP range although I am missing two starter city mission lines, my cape is only 30%, and I don't have any monster rearing cheer's for CP yet. I've also heard people say there is some CP bonus furniture although I know nothing about that (don't take my word for it.) Either way I am far from ideal bonuses.

There are two all Hippogryph camps. The first camp is right next to #5 although lots of undead and Unseelie pop there at night. Unless you have some way of dealing with this, you will need to relocate at night. Beetle's pop nearby and die just as easy although there are lots of bees that roam around too. They take reduced magic damage and are difficult to two shot, I don't recommend them. If you group with a good THF or DNC (or other strong melee), they can camp bees during the days and nights and you can do Hippogryphs during the day and beetles at night.

I don't remember the exact position of the second camp, but if you go to #5 and then head west for a while, you'll eventually come to an all Hippogryph spot. Nothing else appears at this camp during the night, you can go at it full time. It's not hard to almost saturate the camp. There's another spot adjacent and north to this that has some Porxies and two Hyppogryphs (and a Corpselight that pops at night.) The Porxies take reduced magic damage and will be more difficult to kill. If you are grouping, you can send one or more people to the north camp.
 Fenrir.Cero
By Fenrir.Cero 2015-11-18 11:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I forgot to mention, you should purchase a Mollifier unless you plan on fighting the NMs for stones (otherwise you will lose chain frequently.)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-18 11:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been getting BLM JPs the last few nights in a group in the new zone. We have gotten up to 4.1mil CP/hr without band (50% back, all other bonuses). I pulled in 161 JPs in about 1.5 hours last night (including ramp up time). We could probably get even better CP/hr if I had a Mollifier, but I want to upgrade my Spoils vorseal some day!

Group is WHM, BLM, (BLM, GEO, COR). We have a real COR sometimes, but mostly that cluster is triboxed with the GEO just using Indi-Acumen and following one BLM while the COR just uses Corsair's/Evoker's rolls. Camp at 2, 3, or 5. Use -aja to kill when Mana Wall is up and make sure one guy is maintaining chain. All the camps are much better at night due to Beetles/Lucani.
By Bamboom 2015-11-18 12:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow very cool

@Cero, is the hippo camp better than the gates IT Acuexes/Umbrils? I can nearly one shot the umbrils but there's only 3 in Doh gates I think :/

@Byrth what kind of gear do you need to be able to join an apex or one of these AoE parties? I've been wanting to join but I don't feel my gear is adequate. Is there a macc or mattack bar?

Is there a place with a lot of umbrils around 124-125? I really like how easy they go down but I was only able to find a place with 3 of them in Doh gates.

How do CP chains work? The reason I ask is that I am able to get to chain 20-30 consistently without much effort/speed but at some point it resets despite having the same skill speed as previous chains.

Also how many Trizek rings do you guys have?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-11-18 12:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bamboom said: »
How do CP chains work? The reason I ask is that I am able to get to chain 20-30 consistently without much effort/speed but at some point it resets despite having the same skill speed as previous chains.
After chain 30 the window for keeping chain becomes 30 seconds.
[+]
 Asura.Neufko
Server: Asura
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-11-18 12:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Best PT I made so far, was on Crabs/bats camp in doh gates.

PLD RDM(melee) GEO BLMx3

Geo subbed cor torpor/malaise & CP roll

PLD super tank around 15-20 bats/crabs
RDM/NIN haste 2, distract

PLD gets tp very fast while super tanking so skillchaining with the rdm was quick and easy.

3BLM Bursting kills the mob.

/assist PLD > repeat.

We were losing the chain @around #40 cause of sack pulling but we got 140jp/hour. (4.2M/hours)

This strategy can't work on crabs/pugils because pugils don't aggro and don't link.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-18 12:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never had a Trizek ring or done an Apex camp.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-11-18 12:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
After chain 30 the window for keeping chain becomes 30 seconds.
I don't think the cutoff is 30, or at least that's not the only drop. When doing inner ra'kaznar apex with SCH SC+MB, I consistantly lose it at 37-40. Kept chain going 36-37 at 36.015 seconds. Kept chain going 37-38 at 43.996 seconds. Kept chain going 38-39 at 35.054 seconds. Lost chain going 39-40 at 41.72 seconds. These mobs are level 137-139. I believe the chain timer is based in some way on mob level.

Using the timestamp from 'vanquish multiple enemies' records of eminence not the one from the actual chain, since that varies with animation.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-18 12:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was originally testing it, I concluded that the chain time limit is based on the monster's level -99 (plus some offset). I could maintain permanent chain on Acuex/leeches in Outer Ra'Kaznar, but not on anything weaker.

Also, the chain bonus caps at about the same point (when campaign isn't on), and was +50% the last time I checked.

Edit: Can't find my testing. I must not have put it in the mathy parts on BG, and thus it is lost.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-11-18 13:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well. This thread put my 1.4m/hr 3boxing on woh bat camp into perspective. My BLM is pretty strong, think I'll look into aoe'ing in the new zone.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2015-11-18 13:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you know of a good place for a new blm to farm CP. Right now I've been doing the original areas(Tree) and AoE farming mobs for around 400-500 CP a kill(~2k a pull). I tried doing the IT acuexes in the gates but they take a long time to kill and are very resistant to my magic(I'm guessing my m.acc isn't enough...)

Here is my current gearset:

ItemSet 338913

Hag: Magic Attack + 25 Aug

Should I focus on getting more M. Acc and go for the IT mobs or should I continue to AoE farm these weaker mobs? Is there lower level mobs in gates I can AoE farm too? Thanks!

Your gear isn't great, but it's not horrible and should be able to handle acuxes. Make sure your using the right elements, Fire or Ice work well for Acuxes. Umbril's and Dullahan are also very easy to kill with Stone or Fire; Just make sure you have blink/stoneskin/aquaveil up before nuking. Good thing about this is stone is cheap on MP.

New Escha zone is good for Hippos like Cero said. they are weak to magic; I was killing them with fire and getting very good exp/CP.

Mata's also take heavy damage to magic (ice and earth) they don't hit but have annoying knockback when they do. These mobs can be aspir'd and are easy to gravity/bind

Asura.Neufko said: »
Best PT I made so far, was on Crabs/bats camp in doh gates

This is the fast route to JP's though Apex mobs....
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2015-11-18 15:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I've found that apex parties I've been in often lose chain. If you can keep the chain going, it's probably the best CP you can get (I'm sure 6M/H CP during the campaign can be reached in some ideal set up.) Even losing the chain it's still quite good although the parties are difficult to set up and you don't get anything other than CP from them. Acuex are totally dead to me. You can get similar numbers in Reisenjima although you don't get silt or stones, so why bother. In regards to Hippogryphs, I was able to get about 2.2M/H CP in a party with 2 other people doing the split camp set up. We didn't have a COR and I couldn't use Qultada as there were some people leaching. It's not as good as ja-ing, but it is still very good given the amount of gear you will need to ja without dying.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-11-18 15:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If your in a party CPing in Reisenjima at Hippo's you shouldn't be unless you can TIME mob spawn perfectly OR Solo. Even then running the easy risk of breaking even with people spread out at that camp.
For my WHM (I'm a 3 stared whm), ended up at the Mantis camp right at 3. There was plenty of mobs to aspir/Magic hammer). Easy rotation. At one point broke #800+ Chain. Had 2 dedictaed pullers whilst everyone else just tanked in the middle. Im sure BLM could easily fill that tank roll or be part of AoE murder fest.
I will say a WHM is required but i was easily maintaining party HP with a curaga between pulls. :)

I did that camp with BLU BLU BST(Although was worthless with the BLU's there) WHM GEO <- eventually changed to WHM.
But this could easily be rearranged to how you please.

If your Solo, Hippos are fine unless your mass AoE killing.
Mantis/Bugs > Hippo any time as long as you can manage the HP from the Mantis's.

Edit: Neglected to say we all had the NM spawn disable on. They are the BIGGEST Chain killers.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-18 15:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have two DDs, there's no real problem with one killing NMs while the other maintains chain. It does slow down your CP/hr, but you build up a thousand stones as a result.

On Dancer, I could maintain Chain pretty reliably even with NMs popping. BLM's damage output is more consistent but less huge, though. This makes it easier to maintain chain indefinitely, but harder to chain NMs if you're solo. You have to kill multiple monsters using AoE magic or by nuking mobs other than the NM.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2015-11-18 15:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
If your in a party CPing in Reisenjima at Hippo's you shouldn't be unless you can TIME mob spawn perfectly OR Solo. Even then running the easy risk of breaking even with people spread out at that camp.
For my WHM (I'm a 3 stared whm), ended up at the Mantis camp right at 3. There was plenty of mobs to aspir/Magic hammer). Easy rotation. At one point broke #800+ Chain. Had 2 dedictaed pullers whilst everyone else just tanked in the middle. Im sure BLM could easily fill that tank roll or be part of AoE murder fest.
I will say a WHM is required but i was easily maintaining party HP with a curaga between pulls. :)

I did that camp with BLU BLU BST(Although was worthless with the BLU's there) WHM GEO <- eventually changed to WHM.

Mantis/Bugs > Hippo any time as long as you can manage the HP from the Mantis's.

Edit: Neglected to say we all had the NM spawn disable on. They are the BIGGEST Chain killers.

You can split camp Hippos so you don't run into any chain problems (send someone North for slower kills). Even without split camp, it's not hard to pace your kills with 2 players. I had zero problems keeping chain with 3 people on mostly Hippos any of hte times I did.

How are the mantis in regards to magic damage? The reason I prefer hippos is because you can one shot them with good gear although two shot is more common with weaker spells.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2015-11-18 15:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I second byrth in that popping NMs is totally worth it. Even solo, I don't care if I break chain that much. It slows down my CP but stones are good to have.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-18 15:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Mantis take normal damage from Ice, Water, and Thunder. You can get Fire damage to land on them, but they're kind of resistant in my experience.

Actually, here are my impressions on nuking elements for the new zone:
Beetles - Anything works
Chapuli - I think anything works?
Ladybugs - Not wind (or thunder / dark?) but anything else
Mantis - Water, Ice, Thunder (Fire if your recasts are down)
Lucani - Same as ladybugs, as far as I can tell
Bees - Anything works
Faaz - Anything works
Faeries - Nothing works
Frogs - Nothing works
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2015-11-18 16:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright. Is it known which mobs have MDB trait? (or for some reason take more than the average number of nukes to kill.) I know that bees and porxies take reduced magic damage. Beetles/hippogryphs/corpselight seem to take regular damage. Unseelie take very greatly reduced damage from magic.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-18 16:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not think so. Mantis and maybe ladybugs probably have mdb.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-11-18 16:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

My suggestion of Mantis camp was more due to the high mob density. Easier to break chain 100 there than at Hippos, can break that in like 10 minuites max.

Porxies have very high MBD vs other mobs in the zone. Same applies to frogs ofc.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2015-11-18 21:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll give it a shot next time I go
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-18 22:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Mantis take normal damage from Ice, Water, and Thunder. You can get Fire damage to land on them, but they're kind of resistant in my experience.

Actually, here are my impressions on nuking elements for the new zone:
Beetles - Anything works
Chapuli - I think anything works?
Ladybugs - Not wind (or thunder / dark?) but anything else
Mantis - Water, Ice, Thunder (Fire if your recasts are down)
Lucani - Same as ladybugs, as far as I can tell
Bees - Anything works
Faaz - Anything works
Faeries - Nothing works
Frogs - Nothing works

Are frogs just high MDB or is it a -MDT type effect? I'm asking because a group of mine is thinking about using a PLD or WAR to pull all the frogs at once and a few BLU's or maybe even a BLM to blow them up. Just want to know if they are worth it or not.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-11-18 23:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I need parties like that on Asura, I need to get JP on my Whm so bad but no one invites them ;_;
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-18 23:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Krystela said: »

I need parties like that on Asura, I need to get JP on my Whm so bad but no one invites them ;_;

We're currently looking for competent WHMs to do events with, that includes CP and Silt farming. So contact me in game and we'll see what we can do.
[+]
 Bahamut.Drazzago
Server: Bahamut
user: drazzago
By Bahamut.Drazzago 2015-11-18 23:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Frogs seem to take normal damage from blu spells, did not notice much resists or lower magic damage when I was there.
First Page 2