Summoner Gearswap (yep Another One :P)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Summoner Gearswap (yep another one :P)
Summoner Gearswap (yep another one :P)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Verda 2016-07-16 23:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

no worries glad you got it figured out!
 Bismarck.Myguri
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: myguri
By Bismarck.Myguri 2016-07-28 21:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm enjoying this so far and thank you. However, I don't have a keyboards with the app/menu key. In that spot I have a FN key so I can use other functions on the keyboard (Logitec K350). Any advice? I'd love to play with the HUD.
By Verda 2016-07-29 10:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi! Glad you're liking it :)

You can change the binds in the Playername-SMN.lua file:
Code
    send_command('bind #0 gs c toggle_hud')
    send_command('bind #9 gs c force_hud_refresh')
    send_command('bind #8 gs c toggle_states')

Since you do not have the appkey, signified by #, you could change it to the windows key instead:
Code
    send_command('bind @0 gs c toggle_hud')
    send_command('bind @9 gs c force_hud_refresh')
    send_command('bind @8 gs c toggle_states')

Or anything you like really:
Code
    send_command('bind !insert gs c toggle_hud')
    send_command('bind !home gs c force_hud_refresh')
    send_command('bind !pageup gs c toggle_states')

would make it alt insert, alt home and alt pageup.

If you don't see the HUD on load, you likely need to adjust the x/y positioning.
Code
hud_x_pos = 1500 --important to update these if you have a smaller screen
hud_y_pos = 200

and then reload gearswap via:
Code
//lua reload gearswap

If you have any other questions please let me know.
[+]
 Bismarck.Myguri
By Bismarck.Myguri 2016-07-29 20:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

WooHoo!! So cool. Mine eyes have seen the light. Not sure I'm using it correctly though. Now that I have the HUD up, the various tasks listed don't work. For instance, if I have Ramuh up and I hit ctrl 1, I can see in the chat log /pet "Thunder II" ...A command error occurred.
By Verda 2016-07-29 20:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to have the shortcuts addon installed! :) Everything should work then. It handles things like sending /pet "Thunder II" to the game and then deciding based on the spell and your target if it should put a <t> there or <me> there. Makes it simple then, if you're engaged and want to use say a healing or buff macro it knows to target <me> even though you are locked into battle so that's why I used it. Also if you have nothing targeted at all, it will default to me... it's a nice addon I should make it more clear it's required in my install instructions.
[+]
 Bismarck.Myguri
By Bismarck.Myguri 2016-07-29 20:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thanks. Feel silly asking now.
[+]
By Verda 2016-07-29 20:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No need to feel silly they were good valid questions! Enjoy :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
By Verda 2016-08-30 11:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated, if anyone has any issues please tell me asap I will fix it:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2u33cvbfv52f2mc/8-30-2016-Verda-SMN.zip

I modified the blood pact series of gearswaps to exclude returning to idle/engaged after precast and less spammy, making blood pact gearswaps much more reliable.

I have also updated my sets for those who like to use/look at them. I moved all augmented items to the top of the file, fixed enhancing equips, as well as self equips for things like curing/cursna/refreshing yourself. There are also lots of other things I have added in over time I'm probably forgetting. In any case I've been meaning to share it a while now enjoy.
[+]
By Verda 2016-09-02 09:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I was told in pm that some of my debugging was still on, there is a text file called file_log.txt it logs to, to turn it off you can do the following:
open SMN-lib.lua and find load_debugging=1 and change it to load_debugging=0
Then delete the following:
Code
log_data_structure(spell)
log_data_structure(action)
log_data_structure(spellMap)
log_data_structure(eventArgs)

Or download the new version with it turned off here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2n2r2w2n33ueqpw/9-2-2016-Verda-SMN.zip
By Zubis 2016-09-04 13:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda can I suggest you put the file on GitHub?

You'll have a permanent link for it and people tend to trust it more than say Mediafire etc.
By Verda 2016-09-05 17:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it mostly for the source viewing or using diff? I can understand not trusting zip files to an extent being skeptical of most things myself, but I'd like to not put it on github if possible it's easier for me to just distribute the files and I'm not really familiar or interested in using the system at this time.

I put the files on pastebin for now if you want:
Playername-SMN.lua: http://pastebin.com/QHzqvscB
Playername-SMN-lib.lua: http://pastebin.com/JcWru56f
Playername-SMN-sets.lua: http://pastebin.com/iq1kku1c

Here's what I used for debugging output which is included and goes in addons/libs file in windower:
inspect.lua: http://github.com/kikito/inspect.lua

The only other files included are the icon images for the hud, which are identical to the ones used in timers, but copied over because not everyone installs timers and renamed to reflect the avatar names. The hud and image display just use native libraries included in windower.

I can also explain in greater detail what was turned on and used for debugging

Also I've got a lot of questions before about how to make a HUD, so this is a bare bones hello world like example that worked for someone else after I helped them with it which is just a stripped out version of exactly what I made:
Code
function setup_hud()
    hud_property = {
        string1="\\cs(255,0,0)None\\cr",
        string2 = {['Hello']="Test1",['World']="Test2"},
    }
    hud = {}
    hud.box={
        pos={x=0,y=0},
        text={font='Segoe UI Symbol', size=12, Fonts={'sans-serif'},},
        bg={alpha=220,red=0,green=15,blue=0},
        flags={draggable=false},
        padding=7
    }
    window = texts.new(hud.box)
    initialize(window, hud.box)

window:show()
    updatedisplay()
end
function set_hud_info()
    hud_property.string1= "Testing"
    hud_property.string2 = "Testing Also"
end
function updatedisplay() --update hud display
    set_hud_info()
    local info = {}
    info.string1 = hud_property.string1
    info.string2 = hud_property.string2
    window:update(info)
    window:show()
end
function user_setup()
    setup_hud()
end
function job_update(cmdParams, eventArgs)
    updatedisplay()
end
function initialize(text, settings)
    local properties = L{}
    properties:append('My Box: ${string1}')
    properties:append('${string2}')
    text:clear()
    text:append(properties:concat('\n'))
end

It can be just a string of code ran once but I found that splitting it up into different functions made it easier, not harder, when I actually wanted to start filling the HUD with stuff so hope someone else can use it. job_update and user_setup are the only two functions that play into the usual motes gearswaps.
By Zubis 2016-09-05 18:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Diff and distribution mostly; there's a built in release section to GitHub.

I really like the diff option, for example viewing a recent Windower change is as easy as clicking the link to the change.

I'd be happy to write a guide for you, but if it's really not your thing that's fine.
By Verda 2016-09-05 21:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure if you send me a PM about it I can set it up. Thanks.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2016-09-09 20:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone share the syntax for multiple augment capes for gearswap?
By Verda 2016-09-09 21:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Paulu :D Equip the cape in question, in game do //gs export lua
Then in the addons/Gearswap/data/exports folder will be a file, with your player name and the date. Open it, and then use the back piece with augments listed in your GS :D You can then copy and paste that into your sets in gearswap.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-09-16 01:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting here cuz I have a lua question. Using Kinematics gearswap and finally decided to use showswaps for the first time ever and noticed something that seems odd. When I Bloodpact, it does precast followed by aftercast, then pet_midcast and pet_aftercast. Is that player aftercast a normal occurrence or something I need to disable to prevent gear f*ck ups on pet midcast/aftercast?
By Verda 2016-09-16 11:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a normal occurrence, I disabled player aftercast for BPs because I was sometimes doing less damage than I should and doing this fixed it. It could also just be my net is not always great and this made it more reliable as I'd never have pet midcast go off in my player idle set.

If you make rules in your player aftercast regarding blood pacts as well as prevent gearswap for bloodpacts if they are on timer, like I did, then you should help you as it did me. If you really wanted you could even make it equip pet midcast in player after cast instead but I didn't, just disabled the often pointless returning to idle set for 1.5 seconds. I made a few posts outlining how I did that in the SMN forum.
By eliroo 2016-09-26 00:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just recently got around to using this lua and my FPS drops majorly while gearswap is loaded w/ this lua.

Also the commands don't seem to have a target just like /pet "Water II" with no <t> or <me> as a target.

Any known reason why it would do that?
By Verda 2016-09-26 11:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The FPS is odd. You need the shortcuts addon to make use of the binds. Try gs showdebugging see if there's anything going on for the fps, don't be alarmed if it spams your chat log it'll do that with any lua.
By eliroo 2016-09-26 12:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever I make it home from work I will turn on debugging.

All it showed me was the avatar commands too. The "Modes" section wasn't showing up - I was really tired when I was testing it so I didn't go through the lua to see if I had that disabled not sure if that could have caused it.

The interface is really cool, I hope I can figure this out.
By eliroo 2016-09-26 18:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like it was because I didn't have the shortcuts addon enabled. Once I enabled that my FPS problem went away.
NVM FPS issue persists >:

It seems to start stuttering when I tab out and tab back in. I'm assuming it has something to do with the hud. Any suggestions?
By Verda 2016-09-26 18:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Try some of these things, try moving your mouse cursor off the ffxi window. Not sure if possible if full screen size and one monitor. But gs will call an event a ton while your mouse is over the ffxi window.

If you can't do that or it doesn't work, try setting display_hud=false in your playername-smn.lua file.

If that doesn't work, replace the insides of the functions updatedisplay with nothing making it an empty function as that is the only thing called too often outside the initial load.

If that doesn't work try commenting out this line:
id = windower.raw_register_event('incoming chunk', update_pet_tp)

It is in SMN-lib.lua
 Asura.Flipcork
Server: Asura
user: Mimaru
By Asura.Flipcork 2016-10-11 17:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Started using this gearswap awhile ago and was also having the annoying FPS issues anytime I had to use mouse at all. Only fix of any sort I was able to get working was basically deleting all of the HUD functions. Now the only time I have any hiccups with it at all is soon as a BP is going off and shortly after which I think is related to how you reworked it to stay in pet_midcast, which has helped my damage stay consistently higher (commenting out the update_pet_tp function had no effect.)

Also, even when I would set the show display to false it would still load when first loading the gearswap just a small fyi.
By Verda 2016-10-11 17:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

We fixed the problem eliroo was having, for some machines the images library will lag your fps, you can keep the rest the HUD functions though. I haven't looked into the images library itself but removing it fixed the issue.

I wish to release a version with images defaulted to off, then you can toggle it to on in your setup file. Just take this file:
http://pastebin.com/c6pxAVj6
And name it playername-SMN-lib.lua in place of the one you have if you have any further issues please let me know.

Asura.Flipcork said: »
Now the only time I have any hiccups with it at all is soon as a BP is going off and shortly after which I think is related to how you reworked it to stay in pet_midcast, which has helped my damage stay consistently higher

I'm glad that it has been helping your damage stay consistently higher :) I assume this hiccup is some sort of FPS issue as well? Have you verified that it is only with this GS active and not just spell effects causing lag? I am unable to replicate these issues so please give me feedback in order to assist you.
 Asura.Flipcork
By Asura.Flipcork 2016-10-11 17:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it seems to have to do with "is_midpact" worked that into the older lua I was using and it replicates the issue.
By Verda 2016-10-11 18:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure load_debugging=0 also in that file I linked you. Also the checks for that are very trivial so I don't think that is what could cause the problem unless it's the call to get_ability_recasts. Did the file fix your fps issues as it did for eliroo? Also can you explain what the issue/hiccup is? I'm unclear.

I have 4 friends in game that all use this, as well as myself. I'd like to make it work on as many peoples setups as possible however.
 Asura.Flipcork
By Asura.Flipcork 2016-10-11 18:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's set to 0, the issue/hiccup occurs soon as pet_midcast happens for a fraction of a second game locks up, and right after pet_status_change it happens again for a fraction of a second then back to normal. Now been messing it for so long not sure if it was always like that and i am losing my mind or what.
By Verda 2016-10-11 18:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You can try simplfying the check_midpact function to this:
Code
function check_midpact(spell,eventArgs)
    if pet_midaction() then
		d_chat('Avatar Midaction, cancelling')
        eventArgs.handled = true
		return true
    end
    return false
end

That will eliminate the call to windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts(), maybe that is an expensive operation enough to cause lag on some setups. Let me know if that works or there's further fishing to do.
 Asura.Flipcork
By Asura.Flipcork 2016-10-11 18:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Switched out the check_midpact still happening. Also this may help it has only been happening on rage pacts.
By Verda 2016-10-11 18:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you pm me your full lua and I'll take a look? Thanks.