Required ACC For SR?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Required ACC for SR?
Required ACC for SR?
By Mookies 2015-10-29 22:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know specific values? Unbuffed. For DD and Caster?

What is the cap on that fight? 1300?

My NIN is around 980 ACC unbuffed atm, was wondering how much farther I had to go.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-10-29 23:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I go with ~1200 before food/buffs and I cap on everything, so the required accuracy number to cap on everything is somewhere between 1260 and 1300, I'd say. You can get away with significantly less on some opponents (e. g. Ingrid, Rosulatia, or Arciela v1), but you should be able to get to those numbers somehow between accuracy buffs and evasion debuffs.
[+]
By Mookies 2015-10-29 23:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Howwwwwwwwwwwww do you get your acc that high. Even on the pieces I see reccomended in gear-sets, it would only bump my acc by at most 80 ish.

I can get +14 and +8 on rings (12 more than current gear), and 3 more acc on earrings if I get the UNM ones (Not sure if the incursion earring is obtainable realistically).

+15 acc on neck.

+6 acc on back.

+32-ish from gifts I think.

Maybe 10 more acc on each weap, so +20.

Totaling around +88 that I can see. Still leaves me 100 under what you've attained. Around 1100.

Are you a DNC by chance?
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-10-29 23:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It would really depend on your setup really. Do you have a geo? cor? brd? Then it comes down to how you should gear yourself or what to eat as food. My group I run, we get madrigal, torpor and hunters, so Byrth can ride meat and still cap accuracy.

Assuming you use both geo and cor, being around 1050-1100 should be fine.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-10-30 00:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I literally wear almost every single piece with absurd "Accuracy+y", plus DNC cheats a bit with the Accuracy Bonus job trait.

Note that ~1300 is the "total" accuracy required without any single evasion- debuff. Going from there, you can subtract these numbers, if they are applicable with your setup:

-20 Ionis (You should have this, no matter what.)
-84/-85 Sole Sushi +1 (Even more, if you use Riverfin Soup.)
-40 Blade Madrigal (-43, if with Gjallarhorn; another -5, if merited 5/5)
-25 Sword Madrigal (-28, if with Gjallarhorn; another -5, if merited 5/5)
-?? Hunter's Roll (depends on a few things, like the actual roll)
-75 Precision/Torpor (-75 each with Dunna when capped, another -25 if Idris)

Distract (e. g. from /RDM) contribute another -25, Distract II makes it somewhere between -40 and -50. Distract III can hit up to -90, but no idea if it's possible to cap dMND in SR.

That's all buffs/debuffs I can think of right now. So if you have enough support, you can get the required accuracy level on yourself down by quite a chunk, but take into consideration that you don't have unlimited support and you lose a lot of other strong buffs/debuffs (namely Chaos Roll and Fury/Frailty from a GEO), if you require too much help for your accuracy.

I usually don't have a BRD with me, so getting Hunter's Roll would require me to lose either Chaos Roll (nope) or Samurai Roll (nope). Same with Torpor; I don't want to lose Frailty or Haste. That's due to the "limitation" of our setup, which has to include a SMN.

The other group I'm running with, we run with a BRD (that's meeeeeee! \o/), but the GEO is /BLM for easy mode stuns, so there's about the same problem, just shifted around a bit.

tl;dr: The benefit of meat is not a benefit at all in the particular setups I utilise, because each other buff I have/get is more crucial than ATK+180 from meat. That however is a "limitation" of our setups.
[+]
By Mookies 2015-10-30 00:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for that. Lots of juicy info there.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-10-30 00:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Mookies said: »
Howwwwwwwwwwwww do you get your acc that high. Even on the pieces I see reccomended in gear-sets, it would only bump my acc by at most 80 ish.

I can get +14 and +8 on rings (12 more than current gear), and 3 more acc on earrings if I get the UNM ones (Not sure if the incursion earring is obtainable realistically).

+15 acc on neck.

+6 acc on back.

+32-ish from gifts I think.

Maybe 10 more acc on each weap, so +20.

Totaling around +88 that I can see. Still leaves me 100 under what you've attained. Around 1100.

Are you a DNC by chance?

I use this:

ItemSet 338990

All Rawhide is on path B, all Adhemar is on path A, Dampening Tam is capped. Let's not talk about my Sari. ;-/

For targets where I know I don't need the full 1200, I swap out some pieces for more damage-oriented options. The gear sets as a whole probably are not optimal between my everyday I-don't-need-accuracy gear and I-need-all-accuracy-gear-I-can-get, but I blame my lack of inventory space for that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-10-30 00:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
Distract (e. g. from /RDM) contribute another -25, Distract II makes it somewhere between -40 and -50. Distract III can hit up to -90, but no idea if it's possible to cap dMND in SR.

You get at most a reduction of 10 evasion from Distract 3's dMND. The majority of distract 3's potency is from enfeebling skill.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-30 01:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I just go in with my fodder set on Blu (around 1100 accuracy) and use Hunters, Sushi, Madrigalx2. It's not hard to hit 1300 accuracy after buffs on a dual wielding class right now.
[+]
By Elizabet 2015-10-30 02:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 338991

That's what I have been preparing for my dnc so far in preparation of doing SR. DEX+8 augs on Buremte gloves, Rawhide is path B, Ipetam has 16 acc, Teaons have 15/15 acc atk, Enchufla is path C.

Not sure if I can go in SR with it yet... Hopefully it can get started since no one seems to want to bother with SMN in SR...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-10-30 02:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I also like to drop impacts when the timer is up to lower stats on foes. Makes it easier to land distract and frazzle on anything thats not Super Arciela. It helps quite alot even if they wear fast, our kill speed is fast enough for short duration to not be a problem.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-10-30 02:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Elizabet said: »
ItemSet 338991

That's what I have been preparing for my dnc so far in preparation of doing SR. DEX+8, SC Dmg +2 augs on Buremte gloves, Rawhide is path B, Ipetam has 16 acc, Teaons have 15/15 acc atk, Enchufla is path C.

Not sure if I can go in SR with it yet... Hopefully it can get started since no one seems to want to bother with SMN in SR...

This set looks fine for SR, its just mainly your buffs that will make the difference.

Our cor likes to melee and knowing cor only has B+ in dagger and B- in sword. He caps accuracy so yeah.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-30 02:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly suggest picking up kentarch belt +1 from the Centurio Unity NM for an accuracy piece. It also has excellent offensive stats as well, so swapping to it is not a large drop in damage.

Also, depending on your haste buffs, you could be overcapping on DW, so just be careful of that.
[+]
By geigei 2015-10-30 03:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
I just go in with my fodder set on Blu (around 1100 accuracy) and use Hunters, Sushi, Madrigalx2. It's not hard to hit 1300 accuracy after buffs on a dual wielding class right now.

I'm at 1250 acc blu using sushi and still miss some (eyeballing) so i think 1300 is corect.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-30 03:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Grunfeld Rope is another pretty decent option for the waist slot.
Plus it's "all jobs" so it might be a nice inventory saver if you wanna share it with other jobs as well.

For Sinister Reign the amount of acc buffs you need changes according to wave.
To get a GENERIC idea of the values you need, it's roughly something like 1150 for wave1, 1250 for wave2, 1350 for wave3, to cap acc.
Of course it changes from target to target and not just wave, my values are just to give you an idea (full acc, buffs included).

Considering a scenario where buffs stay the same, you're gonna have the one to move from your "no acc" set on wave1, to better acc on the successive waves.
If you have the typical 3 sets (no acc, mid acc, full acc) you're fine. If you only have 2 sets (no acc, acc) then you'll have to strike for a compromise, but it's still gonna work.

Another pretty nice acc option, depending on your augments, are Leyline Gloves, if you already have them.
Etana Ring (from the Wyrm in Escha Zi'tah) is a decent alternative to Beeline Ring.
Subtlety Spectacles are another alternative for the neck slot, together with Defiant Collar.
Also, I don't think you should be using Enchufla, unless you plan on not getting full magic haste buffs.
If you do it's nice I guess, but why should you?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-30 03:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
To get a GENERIC idea of the values you need, it's roughly something like 1150 for wave1, 1250 for wave2, 1350 for wave3, to cap acc.
Of course it changes from target to target and not just wave, my values are just to give you an idea (full acc, buffs included).

Wave 3 can be capped with 1200~1250 acc. I have 1100 acc in my base Tp set with another 81~84 from Bream sushi and then some from hunters roll. I've capped acc on all three T3's without needing an 11 on hunters or any other form of acc bonus. This is from using scoreboard parsing. Something to remember is that one of the T3's put up that blink move that cause's perception of acc to get out of whack.
[+]
By Elizabet 2015-10-30 03:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do it's nice I guess, but why should you?

Since I havent done any SR yet, that and the ipetam are the 2 bets daggers I got ; ;
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-30 04:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Wave 3 can be capped with 1200~1250 acc. I have 1100 acc in my base Tp set with another 81~84 from Bream sushi and then some from hunters roll. I've capped acc on all three T3's without needing an 11 on hunters or any other form of acc bonus. This is from using scoreboard parsing. Something to remember is that one of the T3's put up that blink move that cause's perception of acc to get out of whack.
You're normally a pretty accurate kind of player, so it's probably no use but I'm gonna ask it just in case: are you sure of those numbers?
Are you sure it wasn't something like "1250 + steps" or "1250 + Torpor"?
Because those 2 buffs do not appear in your /checkparam, yet they contribute to your overall accuracy.
Ehr... hope this doesn't sound offensive. Of course I know you already know all of this, asking just to make sure you took those into consideration.

I clearly remember not being able to cap accuracy on wave3 with ~1300 acc, altough I was very close (over 90%?)
But this happened during the first week of SR being released and a lot of time has passed since then, in the end I can't be 100% sure myself that I didn't do any mistake during those very short tests.
Which of the wave3 targets is the most evasive btw? Is it Arciela?

@Elizabet
Not worth farming them, but if you already have them, there are other decent daggers that DNC can use and that you might already have.
Nibiru Dagger is one (used to be BiS before Taming Sari came out) and the other one is Ternion Dagger +1, which is quite a nice offhand.
If you already have them they might provide better damage than Enchufla. Its 5% DW is gonna hurt your damage when you're hastecapped because of how DW and STP work.
[+]
 Valefor.Rejoyce
Server: Valefor
user: rejoyce
By Valefor.Rejoyce 2015-10-30 07:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I only recently started doing SR on DNC so I still remember the initial experience. This is what I used when I first started:

ItemSet 338993

Taeon were 15acc/att,5str/dex,5dw and 20acc/att,5str/dex,2ta. Rawhide all path B. Ipetam 10acc/att,4stp,2qa. I think all of this gear is reasonably easy/cheap to obtain, though you could save some gil on augments by using a whirlpool mask instead. You can also change earrings/rings for more accuracy.

This put me at ~1210 with ionis/sushi and no buffs. We used GEO/COR/BRD with refresh/frailty (vex/attune on rosulatia to avoid charm because we didn't have a stunner), chaos/sam, and march/madrigalx2, which capped me on everything. This got us smoothly through the first few dozen runs. Keep in mind that I was a DNC with all accuracy gifts, so your mileage may vary. You may or may not need more acc buffs/debuffs, which sucks because they're not attack buffs, but it's fine when starting out.

Once you start picking up gear from sinister reign it becomes a lot easier to meet the acc check. Then you can start dropping accuracy buffs in favor of more interesting buffs. In my case we were able to drop the BRD requirement entirely and take anyone in that slot that provides haste (BRD, RDM, another GEO, or even a SMN works), which made it a lot easier to fill shout groups since I don't have a full static group.

As for a concrete number, I now go in with 1260 after ionis/sushi and pop berserk/aggressor for round 3 and I am capped on everything. So the absolute cap is probably somewhere between 1260-1300 like skudo said.

1160 set (1260 ionis/food) for reference:

ItemSet 338994
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-30 12:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You're normally a pretty accurate kind of player, so it's probably no use but I'm gonna ask it just in case: are you sure of those numbers?

Yep just got out of a SR run with COR + GEO. The GEO did Vex + Attunment full time with Entrust Fury. The WHM did Boost-DEX for maybe 20ish. Got hunters roll and I ate bream sushi. Had somewhere around ~1250 acc and was capped acc on parse. This is il130 content not 135+ which is where the acc requirements get really silly.

Remember using -DT sets lowers your parsed acc somewhat, there have been runs where I've parsed 88~90% hit rate just because I had to spent quite a bit of time in -DT due to dumb people.

Here is my standard TP set

ItemSet 315724

Nibru blade is path B
Dampening Tam and Samnuha tights are perfect augments
Adhemar body and hands are path B

In town with ionis it's 1108 accuracy, ionis and bream sushi is 1188.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-30 12:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I see, thanks for doublechecking.
I still cannot understand why my BRD/DNC and my GEO/DNC were at ~90% acc with ~1290acc then =/
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-30 13:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I see, thanks for doublechecking.
I still cannot understand why my BRD/DNC and my GEO/DNC were at ~90% acc with ~1290acc then =/

Were you affected with Flash at any point or did you account for Arcellia's blink buff? Both Ingrid and August have flash abilities that seem rather potent and accurate, not sure about the dragon though.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-03 01:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm not sure about flash, but the accuracy reduction from flash should count as -acc and hence display from /checkparam <me>, no?
Likewise for Blind from Saj'akka.

And hits absorbed by Blink shouldn't be counted as "miss" from Scoreboard?

Eitherway, I don't wanna keep this discussion going more than necessary, I trust your data more than I trust mine, so whatever the reason was why I didn't cap acc on that early run, it doesn't matter <3