users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Stuck in Black Loading Screen
Stuck in Black Loading Screen
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-10-25 16:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard about this bug years ago. Has this happened to anyone else here? How did you fix it?
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-10-25 16:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got an automated message reply to my GM call on another character telling them about it and they just tell me to go to their support website. Feels like I'm going to get the run around.
 wup
By wup 2015-10-25 17:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Do any mules load? This happened to me with just my main character. Uninstalled everything and re installed. Fixed it.
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-10-25 17:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I can log into all of my other characters just fine. I tried logging in to the stuck character on my laptop instead of PC and it did the same thing. Just shows loading data until the game times out.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-10-25 17:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had this happen 4 times in 12 years each time the server seemed to reset me about 2 hours after it happened. The first 2 times I kept trying to log in over and over and it did ***last 2 times I just went and did something else for a while.
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-10-25 17:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll be 2 hours in about 10 mins
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-10-25 17:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to remote connect to my girlfriend's PC and log myself in. I moved myself out of Escha-Zi'Tah. I tried going in again on my home PC and the same thing happened. Being that it does the same thing on both my PC and Laptop I am ruling out file corruption and leaning towards it being ISP related somehow. I have been in Escha Zitah within the last few weeks and never had this problem with the loading screen before.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-10-25 17:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a post about that some wheres a couple years back iirc. I heard a lot of people "fixed" it by resetting there modem/router it would let them log right back correctly. But I thought the issue was ISP related and SE had got in contact with them and it had been fixed.
 Bismarck.Raiderxxii
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raiderxxii 2015-10-25 18:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I still get the same issue a lot. Seems to happen to me when multi-boxing only. Ordinarily it will only happen to one character and whichever zone you were trying to enter at the time you will be unable to move into. This happens at least once a week.

It has only happened to me on PC, never on 360. I normally just use my 360 to move my character out of that zone then I avoid the zone for about 12-24 hours. Not a helpful solution but in all the years I have been having this issue I've never found a solid work around.

It's odd that you can have multiple characters going in and out of the same zone but just one of them gets stuck. I also tend to notice for some reason that all my macro palette names are wiped as well when this happens.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-10-26 03:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Striker said: »
I heard about this bug years ago. Has this happened to anyone else here? How did you fix it?

Last time when it happened I contacted SE technical support team through webchat, their agent guide me through a series of steps to change internet settings and I just followed the steps. It worked and the issue was fixed.
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-10-26 11:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Bahamut.Striker said: »

Last time when it happened I contacted SE technical support team through webchat, their agent guide me through a series of steps to change internet settings and I just followed the steps. It worked and the issue was fixed.
Yeah, I just now got this email from Technical Support almost 24 hours later.

"Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.
This email has been sent to notify you that your ticket was received and will be responded to within 2 business days (48 hours) of receipt.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay in responding to your ticket directly.

If your issue has already been resolved and you are no longer in need of support, the URL below will provide you with a "Cancel Ticket" option to close your open ticket."

FFXI has gone to ***with customer service if it's going to take up to 3 days to get help with anything.
 Bahamut.Vette
user: Vette
By Bahamut.Vette 2015-10-27 08:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This started yesterday morning.
I've recently have this issue getting stuck zoning in rala waterways on both pc and Xbox.
I've tried Uninstall and reinstall the game. Tried factory reset and firmware update for the Links ea8500 router. Port forwarding the router. Been on phone with ISP and SE to do a tracer pings. All devices have static IP addresses and speed tests show router working well. Even tried having my ISP reissue a new IP address. Also had set exemption on Norton.
None of it worked.
Only way I was able to free up the charater was bypass the router and Lan line from dsl modem to pc.
So only things I can think of to try are:
1. A conflict with Linksys ea8500 router's IPV4 / IPV6 firewalls and SE servers.
2. Chalk it up as an anomaly and kick Neo's butt.
3. Pray to the Gamer Gods and hope it fixed.
4. Burn through a pack of smokes and a bottle of scotch in 5 minutes.
If anyone has any other ideas, post plz. As you can tell, I am out of ideas.
Thanks.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Server: Fenrir
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2015-10-27 22:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having the same issue now (Rolanberry fields) everything was working fine until I zoned there. Mule loads fine, main fails on laptop and main pc.

I suspect its ISP related, I have time warner and I know they're changing stuff around now. I remember years ago there was an issue after an update and the zone would load at least, you could actually run through to a working zone sometimes so long as you didn't have to click on anything to exit the zone (since the mobs and green target items would not load).

Here I looked it up, I might try a new IP tomorrow:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=117368825661689812#16

Probably lots of other threads around from that time frame if you can find them.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-27 22:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this issue happen to me and my brother some months ago. It was specific zones causing the issue, and the zones changed daily... and was not consistent between all my characters or my brothers characters, but it was consistent for the one, meaning if my main disconnected in Adoulin, and I was able to get him out, going back there would disconnect him again (Black Screen "Loading" time out)...

the way I "Solved" it was using my phones Wi-Fi to move out of the trouble zone... and just avoiding that zone. never diagnosed what was causing the issue but me and my brother both had the issue, on the same internet, and for different zones each. I.E >

1) I Zoned into Ru'Lude and it worked, he zoned in and got stuck. I logged in his character from my computer and was able to move him.

2) I Would zone into Adoulin and get disconnected, by my Mule could enter Adoulin fine, same computer, same connection, just different characters.

For whatever reason switching to my phones Hot-spot allowed me to log in.. but, there was 0 consistency to this error.

Never found a permanent solution, the problem eventually resolved itself. In the mean time, I suggest logging in from another source or using a Hot-spot on your phone if you have one. If not, have someone you trust log you in and move you from the trouble zone.
By Hannahmontana 2015-10-29 17:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

im gettin this too i dont have a 2nd wifi to hook on to so.... idk
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-29 18:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You're probably SoL for a time then, as shitty as that sounds... I think logging in from another computer could help, it was random but occasionally that worked for me, even on the same connection.

If not, try having someone you trust log you in and move you.

Otherwise, very few solutions worked for me, and any that did or were suggested were temporary at best or simply changed which zone would DC me.

My brother did something to my connection from my computer that temporarily fixed it, but in the end absolutely nothing we did, including buying a new router, fixed the issue... it just... stopped happening.

You can check here for all the ***I went through:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/125762-Unable-to-log-into-Characters-in-XI.

And any solutions that may have worked for me might work for you

Edit: Can drive to a place in your neighboorhood with free Wi-Fi and log in from there. I did that once.
By Hannahmontana 2015-10-31 23:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

well try this if you havent, wotrked for me connect via modem only no router (for anyone else havin this prob)

i did this and it worked so im buying a new router :/

Flushing DNA did nothing and niether did any the other Cmd lines for this or Port forwrding for some reason router just decides *** it im done for no reason lol.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [134 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Brackus
Server: Siren
user: Brackus
By Siren.Brackus 2016-03-13 14:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i have recently come upon this problem across two computer and 3 characters. Does anyone know of a fix.
 Lakshmi.Kathee
Server: Lakshmi
user: Brei
By Lakshmi.Kathee 2016-03-13 15:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I had that problem a few months ago and ended up buying a new router and haven't had that problem since. Maybe there's another fix, but I know the one on the PoL support site did nothing for me.
[+]
By Masterbuyer 2016-03-15 06:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Brackus said: »
i have recently come upon this problem across two computer and 3 characters. Does anyone know of a fix.

Please check your firewall as I had this problem years ago where my firewall was blocking the game also use http://www.portforward.com
To portforward your ports for your router.
Test it with the firewall disable.
Also You can test it by using a free vpn to see if the problem is on your side http://www.vpnbook.com.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [125 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2016-07-17 19:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Still happens. Happening to girlfriend right now in certain areas like Kazham and Middle Delkfutt tower. Sucks *** because we can't play together with this happening.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Chemist
Server: Siren
user: Bri
By Siren.Chemist 2016-09-11 21:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just happened to me for the first time ever. All I did was unplug and replug my router after being connected for 16 months straight... now nothing seems to work right. This happened while zoning into Norg. Hopefully the update resets things for me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Saylor
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Camolle
By Quetzalcoatl.Saylor 2016-09-11 21:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not just you. Happened to me and someone else in my LS. Also hoping the update/server reset fixes it.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-09-11 22:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Happened to me just restart your PC and reset modem issue resolved
 Odin.Jakenstein
By Odin.Jakenstein 2016-09-11 22:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Same happening to me.
By Sabishii 2016-09-11 22:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend of mine reported this same issue.
By Lilsoulreaver 2016-09-11 22:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I just unplugged my Router and Modem for 10 min, did not fix my issue.
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-09-11 22:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I restarted my computer also and then logged into a mule on the account then logged on my main worked fine with me
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-09-12 01:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Resetting IP Address helped fix my issued I've had in the past. Or you can find an alternate wifi hotspot and log in.