LOL Wipe Vs Warder Of Courage ;)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » LOL Wipe vs Warder of Courage ;)
LOL Wipe vs Warder of Courage ;)
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-12-06 11:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe this is the generally accepted strat for 6-man w/o WHM:

... w/o the entire tank-gets-petrified-charm part... hehe.

GEO sub /WHM for Stona, Charm Buffer and/or Elemental Sforzo after Call Wyvern in bracelets to avoid charm. Everybody else ride the Rayke/Gambit/Bolster/Tabula Rasa train.
Server: Asura
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2016-12-06 13:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That is our strat yes ^ works great just have to kill fast if you run longer than 3 mins things can go bad fast
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2016-12-06 13:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If youre gonna mage it, 6 man is definately the way to go. You can do it with 18 and its relatively easy but for some reason im seeing talks about trying to lock 1hrs. Im gonna tell you from experience its not a good idea. The longer courage is out the more chance you have at wiping. Courage gets really nasty after the 3 min mark. Its not impossible to kill at this point but it does make it more difficult. My suggestion is to transition from mage to meele set ups. Its easier if you have dd geared enough to hit it and it eliminates the worry over benediction. Yeah invincible and perfect dodge suck but its still not too big of an issue to deal with. Just pop on a dt set and try not to sponge. Keep at it, i heard you almost beat it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2016-12-06 14:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI so-called strategies ranking:

1. Kill it fast before it becomes trouble.

2. Throw pets at it until it dies.

3. Every other strategies.
[+]
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2016-12-06 14:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »

Sorry to tell you this but throwing pets at it until it dies isnt a strategy and the people that do throw pets at something until it dies should be ashamed of themselves.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-06 14:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »

That's because SE has gone overkill on every NM giving them stupidly overpowered moves that cause wipes and other big problems. It's not really the damage but the sheer number of status ailments that *** everyone up. So we come up with ways to deal with as few status ailments as possible.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [305 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-10-07 13:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not seeing many recent strategies for this (post-Geo bubble nerf) but I'm guessing it's much preferred to melee it down these days? My group will be doing WoC for the first time soon and I'd like to know if we should melee it, or use a mage setup (we have a COR with DP for super leaden); we could do either really.

My group had no troubles taking down Kouryu in 2-3 mins, so I assume we're strong enough to melee WoC down. Is it best for the melee to take note of its 1-hour animation and WS soon as they see it? Should we dedicate a GEO or two to casting t1 spells at that time as well? Or is a t5 more reliable (seen mixed feedback on that). Just trying to iron out the details before I talk to my group about it. Cheers.
 Shiva.Cahota
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-10-07 13:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ya go go melee zerg, u can do it! just hope it dont bene near end.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-10-07 13:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You want to melee it. Two suggestions, one kind of obvious and one a personal thing:

1. Save your Bolsters for Bracelets mode.

2. Bring a RDM. Dia 3 is great and then have them Saboteur-Distract III (have them sub BLM for Elemental Seal) on bracelets mode means no need for any Madrigals from your BRD, just straight Minuets and Honor March (if you have a Marsyas BRD). And if you plan on doing SCs versus just a straight Zerg, Inundation is always Welcome to the party.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-10-07 13:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
You want to melee it. Two suggestions, one kind of obvious and one a personal thing:

1. Save your Bolsters for Bracelets mode.

2. Bring a RDM. Dia 3 is great and then have them Saboteur-Distract III (have them sub BLM for Elemental Seal) on bracelets mode means no need for any Madrigals from your BRD, just straight Minuets and Honor March (if you have a Marsyas BRD). And if you plan on doing SCs versus just a straight Zerg, Inundation is always Welcome to the party.

We don't have Honor March yet (this is our groups first Aeonic build), but we have a decent RDM. I'm thinking we'll have to use at least one madrigal (or use a COR mule for hunter's?) to ensure we ain't lacking there. We had zero issues with accuracy on Kouryu, but I can't say that about WoC as we ain't tried it yet.

For example, if I need it on DRK, I can get 1.3k+ acc from equipment (max acc set) before any buffs/food/vorseal. My typical Rag set is over 1.2k. I've got all the accuracy vorseals from Quetz. My group uses two idris GEOs as well.

Shiva.Cahota said: »
ya go go melee zerg, u can do it! just hope it dont bene near end.

What about the adds? I've seen some videos of DD dieing from adds as they pulled hate away from the tank and they got pounded on after WoC called the adds. Should DDs be like .. doing damage, but back off a little if they have hate? Or should we bring a few extra DD so losing one DD won't matter?
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-07 13:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is RDM really a good choice? Depuration can remove all of its debuffs. Not sure if it has access to it though (never bothered to check.)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-10-07 13:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way .. we can't use Rune Fencer as they don't exist on this server. I keep asking, but the only decent RUN I know of disappeared earlier this year.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-10-07 14:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Is RDM really a good choice? Depuration can remove all of its debuffs. Not sure if it has access to it though (never bothered to check.)

I've looked around for any evidence of WoC having depuration but can't. The debuffs RDM would be able to provide is huge.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-07 14:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

I've looked around for any evidence of WoC having depuration but can't. The debuffs RDM would be able to provide is huge.

I would agree then, especially for groups without a really good BRD.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-10-07 14:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

I would agree then, especially for groups without a really good BRD.

Yeah our brd is still a work in progress. We really want to get him that aeonic one day soon, but we got to learn to beat these NM for aeonic .. without aeonics. Chicken & the egg and all that.

Edit: Also about the adds, they just attack whoever is highest on Warder's hate list?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-07 14:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize the Egg came first right, Was a damn fish or lizard depending on the source info but since almost all birds are attributed to have evolved from Lizards.... lol

Add do attack whoever is on warder top spot when they pop, and If you leave 3(inital pop) alone til all 6 are out (3 more pop) I would suggest if you are doing well, Kill all 6 or Tank may die. Also if leave them alone and Charm from bard 1hr you all can get charmed. If that does not happen all can nin 1hr and blow up on you killing anyone within 20 of the mobs/NM. Even IF this happens, you can Still recover if your kill speed is high enough. If someone is not 100% focus on the fight through dps and cures and buffing/debuffing see if they will notice any white !!, which happens only when WoC does a 1hr animation. Fun fight can be 2~3 min or whole 30 min depending on prep and luck and skill and TEMPS!
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-10-07 14:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The adds become less of an issue if you can have 2 GEOS, one doing the usual Fury/Frailty for damage dealing, and a second for damage reducing bubbles such as Barrier or Wilt, or if you have 2 bards, the ability to throw on Scherzo without giving up DD songs. Just other options if your shell has the buffers.

My experiences with this fight is that it's all about saving your firepower for bracelets mode and then dropping him as fast as you can once that happens. If you can't easily damage him ans survive without bracelets up and without bolster... it's gonna get ugly once she gets fancy with thr jewelry.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-07 14:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also bolster from the get go and kill it in less than 3 minutes (have done this many times, even with just 2 DD.)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-10-07 14:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
The adds become less of an issue if you can have 2 GEOS, one doing the usual Fury/Frailty for damage dealing, and a second for damage reducing bubbles such as Barrier or Wilt, or if you have 2 bards, the ability to throw on Scherzo without giving up DD songs. Just other options if your shell has the buffers.

My experiences with this fight is that it's all about saving your firepower for bracelets mode and then dropping him as fast as you can once that happens. If you can't easily damage him ans survive without bracelets up and without bolster... it's gonna get ugly once she gets fancy with thr jewelry.

So while it is a "zerg" fight, it's not a true zerg til bracelets go on? Which at that point GEO's bolster and DD 1-hour? Could do the long lasting temps at start of the fight, and the 1-min temps when bracelets go on? We have two idris geos so this can be done.

You can also bolster from the get go and kill it in less than 3 minutes (have done this many times, even with just 2 DD.)

Nice I'd prefer to smother it before it gets chance to do anything; much like how we handled Kouryu.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-07 15:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

it is a true zerg. Its a Race to beat the Bard-Nin-Whm-pld 1hr from going off. Longer the fight goes on harder it is both from buffs wearing and players being killed.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-10-07 15:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason I suggest saving bolster until bracelets for groups just starting their Warder of Courage experiences is because nothing is worse than having bolster wear with bracelets still up and 10% left on her. Most groups these days we'll be able to kill it with a bolster from the start in plenty of time, it's just a safety valve. Anyone who knows me knows that my battle prep is always a little OCD.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-07 15:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, you want those Crooked 11 Rolls and BRD songs to last from start to finish, so zerg through "easy-mode" no-bracelets as quickly as possible... And then kill bracelets mode as quickly as possible, also. Bolster all the way. Blow everything and then Random Deal/Wild Card to get it all back to blow it all again.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2017-10-07 15:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Keybind temps also :o *** can go south quick and its a recovery tool :D
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-07 15:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Right, you want those Crooked 11 Rolls and BRD songs to last from start to finish, so zerg through "easy-mode" no-bracelets as quickly as possible... And then kill bracelets mode as quickly as possible, also. Bolster all the way. Blow everything and then Random Deal/Wild Card to get it all back to blow it all again.

This is definitely something to keep in mind. Our WHM and our BRD both have COR geared for rolling, so we get 4 Crooked XI rolls up before engaging.

Samurai, Misers, Fighters, and Allies'

Getting rolls up fast and reliably requires some consideration, especially because we need to warp back, change jobs, and return all in a very short time frame. This is most easily done by abusing Super Revitalizers from the temp item NPC and using Snake Eye for every Double Up past V. You can consider replacing Allies' with Chaos if you don't have Fury or Rogues if you have a lot of melee and the skillchain bonus isn't helpful.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-10-07 15:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What party setups do you guys use? I'm thinking of taking 12 max with at least 3 dd.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-07 15:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM RUN GEO GEO WHM BRD (WHM+BRD roll on COR before job change)

if you do 12 you could do something like

DD DD DD DD GEO WHM | BRD GEO whatever for the last 4 slots (obviously rotating the BRD out of party after they've sang, same w/ any cors)
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-07 16:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Setup for fun? Or All in 1 and done?
Did WoC other day with x4 Smn, 1 geo 1 whm 1 pld took about 25 sec cuz 1hr burnt. (This was to get someone who missed the prior fight credit)

Few days before we did Pld Sam Blu Rdm(dd who does buffs and rdm stuff) geo x2 bard x2 whm. Fight was going great until silly lil Charmga went off. Lucky fun white proc same time. Recover, rebuff Killed adds asap, then went on WoC. got it to about 40% in about 2 min, 2nd fun fact, Invincible(got white proc there also) and then benediction. So just waited for 1hr to drop and we killed it about 3 min later. Usually 1hr sing but in the end we just muddled through.
One of the more fun and messy fights we have had but still walked out with about 12 min left on fight. Temps were a big factor as well as Keeping our heads about us.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-10-07 16:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Any DD combo that can make 3-4 step Darkness/Umbra is fantastic, especially if you have RDM doing Inundation. If you have a strong THF in LS, highly recommend bringing them. Larceny, Rudra's Storm and TH for more chance at earrings.

A GEO doing Vex/Fade and keeping Barthundra/Lightning Carol up will make the fight go a lot smoother. Stun and Petrify suck.

GEOs should rotate bubbles to keep Bolster'd Frailty up full time.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-07 16:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't his 50% DT under half HP double nerf SCs (halved WS damage, then the SC damage off of that is halved)?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-07 16:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Doesn't his 50% DT under half HP double nerf SCs (halved WS damage, then the SC damage off of that is halved)?
Is it 50%?