users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » New GEO Gear
New GEO Gear
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2015-10-14 10:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have recently leveled GEO on a mule and while I was happy to find a super extensive guide (where other jobs are out of date in theirs) - it's a little too extensive for starting out.

I was curious if anyone could supply some gear and clubs that are good for just starting out. I'm really at a loss here with the exception of af1/2/3 and an Idris is not going to happen.

I did pick up a Dunna, seemed like a cheap price tag for such an awesome bell.

Definitely interested in a good starting weapon and maybe some easy to get idle/dt nuke/enhance/feeb sets - doesn't need to be perfect, but some suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance.
By fillerbunny9 2015-10-14 15:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

the question becomes what do you want to do with your GEO beyond ringing a bell? GEO is capable of a lot and it is going to depend what you want to do with it to determine how much more gear you need.

If you haven't already, start doing Sinister Reign. there is a lot of good gear for a lot of jobs available here. GEO specific you will want Medium's Sabots for casting Geomancy spells. Additionally, the club Divinity is fun for when you want to crack some skulls, and Rubicundity is best for Aspir/Drain as well as good for nuking until you have a Solstice.

Speaking of Solstice, it's an incredibly versatile club for the non-Idris crowd: skill, Magic Accuracy/MAB, it's really good but the drop rate is ***.

Ggetting an Incanter's Torque from Escha Ru'Aun is going to give you a lot of distance with all your Geomancy spells, as you are going to be far away from the 900 skill cap.

If you want to nuke, you are going to want Amalric gear from Escha Ru'Aun. short of that, Skirmish head/hands/legs/feet are going to be your best option, while nuking in your Empyrean +1 body.

Culminus Shield from the Ultima/Omega High Level BCNM is an excellent nuking piece to complement your Solstice/other nuking gear.

If you want to swing away at enemies with your club(s), the Telchine set can be made into good melee pieces, personally I haven't the time for that, made a melee based Telchine Cap and rock an Onca Suit for my other main slots.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-10-14 16:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

that is pretty helpful information. I had this same question basically since I decided to focus on GEO.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-10-14 21:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank goodness the question was answered so well. ^^

I keep clicking this thread thinking it's about the Neo Geo X or something... ;_;

/derail off
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-10-14 22:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't Onca just kinda outown even really well Augmented Telchine pieces for the body slots?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-15 01:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Afaik yes, it does.
You still need a head option though, either a Telchine with Haste in the leaf slot (unless you wanna get haste from the ammo slot with Hasty Pinion) or that new UNM helm added last patch (from Carmine Dobsonfly, well, the UNM version I mean)
By Kooljack 2015-10-15 04:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

your dreams have come true in the best fantasy role playing game the world has to offer. get into trip geo ball slipper. vex/attun auto100% = never fail. the other 2 geo are your dd buffs. ... those geos then provide triple magic bursts and sheerly this is the way the game was to be experienced. geoballs are for real. i mean i entrust bubbles. keep the whm standing right where everyone else is.. all ailments should fall off within 2-5 seconds if not your doing it wrong

@ 1200 jp.... you then become super saiyen goken aura master-ball
By fillerbunny9 2015-10-15 13:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Doesn't Onca just kinda outown even really well Augmented Telchine pieces for the body slots?

to be totally honest, I am not sure. perfectly augmented Telchine in all slots might be better, might be worse, but I have LOTS of jobs that I play and have neither the time, the patience, nor the disposable income for something so thoroughly niche for myself. I slapped Haste 2, STR/VIT +5, and Acc/Att +15 on a cap and called it a day. could it be better? absolutely. was I willing to throw more than a handful of stones I had laying around on it? certainly not. ;)
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-15 13:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It was tested in the main geo thread iir and yes, better than perf augs telchine.
Go for that post if you wanna see the data or contest it if you see something wrong.