Me again .-. Anyone have a strategy?
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-10-08 04:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Any type of melee zerg, tbh. Melee need at least 1050 accuracy before buffs/food to hit it even with Bolster'd Torpor/Precision.

The 2 winning setups I used were:

SAM DRG GEO GEO GEO WHM.

GEO1 for BoG-Vex and Attunement. GEO2 for BoG-Precision and Fury. GEO3 for Bolster Torpor+Frailty. We'd cycle Bolster and reset when all 3 were used.

We had 1 of the GEOs change to COR and do rolls pre-fight and change back to GEO and use the UC warp for a fast way back. Could do this with a BRD too if you had it.

Any 2 DD would work, really, as long as they are making either light or darkness and are very well geared.

or

SAM GEO GEO GEO GEO WHM

Same setup as above, but SAM(me) was making 4step light as sole DD source. When white would proc(seemingly random based on certain amount of damage dealt to it), the second light would do anywhere between 50-99K damage.

In a nutshell, as long as the DD(s) are buffed high enough to the point where they can hit it and pdif isn't floored, the fight is fairly straightforward and easy. The hardest part is getting that many buffers.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-08 06:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks alot. Would I still need to bolster even if I have an idris?
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-10-08 06:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

We won a few without Bolster, but it was way more trouble/risk than it was worth than to just take 5-10min and MMM reset the GEOs.
By Draylo 2015-10-08 14:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

We went with 7 man setup (GEO GEO BLU BLU THF BRD WHM) and could do two per 1h set and then reset the 1h. If we didn't use 1hr, it typically took 10m per kill unless we got lucky with white proc.
 Asura.Cyleena
Server: Asura
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-10-09 10:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Thanks alot. Would I still need to bolster even if I have an idris?

Kills were way faster if you use bolster even with Idris. Like Dray said we could get 2 kills in with it per 1 hr used, but without it took about 10 min per kill without using bolster even with Idris.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-10-09 13:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not as scary as I thought he would be.

Meteor did 500-800 in mdt gear, casting time took forever so plenty of time to prepare for it. All debuffs land easily (with a well geared RDM) besides paralyze.
Hits for 250~, 350-ish crit, 100-150 in pdt gear. On RDM, full pdt/phalanx/shield block is around 20 damage.

Only annoying part is it's evasion. With 1200 in acc/food and madx2 and distract3, I was around floored hit rate. With SV madx2, I was at 56%. Feint and switching to mdt mixed in throughout the fight. Got it to 65%-ish with just THF w/terrible acc on it after 15 minutes.

Should be an easy kill once you stack acc/-eva. The only dangerous part was the thunderbolt followed up by multiple crits. Otherwise, everyone stand in range and curaga after meteor.
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2015-10-20 17:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Found a jp video of someone soloing this on sch with trust O.o, someone fluent with jp could translate the strat?

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27389468
By Draylo 2015-10-20 18:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there must be some gimmick to proc the white, after that he falls over. It seemed to only proc from high dmg but maybe theres something else, I can't watch that video because it requires a login.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-10-20 18:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

He ate VW buffs before engaging apparently
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2015-10-20 18:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the guy's blog entry, once you deal around 5000 dmg to an element, he becomes resistant to that element. To reset it you have to be in front of him when he does howl.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-20 19:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So glad SCH can do it solo lol
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-20 20:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just downed it w/ a GEO friend w/o 2HRing. Is there a trick to mitigate the Meteor? Some fights it just completely 1-shotted the trusts.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-20 20:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Amuchuchu's run stuff? Or didn't get buffs on the trusts before pop?
By Draylo 2015-10-20 20:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

How long did it take you
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-21 05:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't get any VW or trust buffs before popping. It took me around 8-10 minutes depending how strong helices were. Good helices were hitting for 3.5-4.5k. Would Scherzo or Earthen Armor prevent 1-shotting from meteor because Indi-Attunement/Geo-Vex didn't seem to do the job.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-21 06:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Scherzo without Shell might be enough to mitigate the damage.
Amchuchu would do nothing since Meteor is non elemental.

So the gimmick is to have the one with hate stand in front when he uses Howl?
Basically everybody should always be in front?
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2015-10-21 07:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Howl resets the elemental resistances but does meteor stronger, so you should avoid staying in front, like it shows in the video only a howl should be needed to kill it. Thats why he tries to cap all elemental damages before goin to the front.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-21 08:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The gimmick is that everyone stands in front when it does howl to reset magic dmg resistance. This is pretty much the only threat since I had to disengage to run trusts to the front which can be unfortunate if behemoth decides to thunderbolt > meteor which has wiped me before. I did cycle through the elements before resetting the dmg barrier.
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2015-10-21 09:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think only the one with most hate needs to stay in front, so a player tank should make it easier cause you won't need to disengage. Tank it on a side and when all elementals are capped the tank moves to the front till it does howl then back to a side.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-21 09:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have to double check on that. Could have sworn it didn't reset when Apururu wasn't directly in front when it howled even though Amchuchu had hate.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-22 19:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So an update, it's true only tank needs to be in front during howl to reset magic barrier. Fights were taking roughly 8 mins each.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2015-10-22 20:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Scherzo without Shell might be enough to mitigate the damage.
Amchuchu would do nothing since Meteor is non elemental.

So the gimmick is to have the one with hate stand in front when he uses Howl?
Basically everybody should always be in front?

Mob meteor is Dark based. Only player meteor is non-elemental.

Unless they changed it/added exceptions some time in the last year
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-10-22 23:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So white proc definitely turns this into a cake walk of a fight. Was doing about 5 minute fights with SAM BLU COR BRD WHM GEO GEO.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Buffs were BoG Torpor and Frailty, indi-vex from the outside GEO and indi-precision for the one in party also with entrusted indi-atunement. March x2, Scherzo, and marcato'd Blade Madrigal. Hunter's Roll and Samurai Roll. Dia II light shot x2, boost-dex. In terms of using the howl mechanic, we found it best to move in around every 25% with the DD and then move back into place at its shoulders. I'd imagine that is dependent on its total HP so with more people it would vary.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-23 01:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
Are you sure you're not thinking about "Dark Meteor" or whatever it's called? The "special" Meteor used by Elasmoth-kind of Behemoths? (like Abyssea La Theine megaboss, for instance).
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-23 01:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
So white proc definitely turns this into a cake walk of a fight.
It does.
The thing is: HOW DO WE BLOODY PROC IT 100%?!?
Or with a certain accuracy at least.
Sometimes you proc like no tomorrow and faceroll this mob.
Many other times you can't get a *** proc.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-10-23 01:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
Are you sure you're not thinking about "Dark Meteor" or whatever it's called? The "special" Meteor used by Elasmoth-kind of Behemoths? (like Abyssea La Theine megaboss, for instance).
Player meteor is not the same as mob meteor at least not the old NMs. Player meteor got a different animation then them but some of the old NMs animations have changed to player's version of the animations so SE might of given us a hint there that those versions are not dark based or SE was just idiots and changed the animations for no reason. IIRC player meteor wasn't even called meteor in the files.

Edit: I want to say player meteor was called "Comet II" but its been so many years I may be wrong.
By anik 2015-10-23 02:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

that doesn't sound right, due the interesting interaction of fealty vs meteor. Meteor is not dark based.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-10-23 02:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We still were able to kill it when we didn't get a proc - just took longer. I would really like to know what mechanic procs white though! We're stumped.
By anik 2015-10-23 02:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fealty reduces meteor damage by 90%
First Page 2