Link | Quote | Reply

ha ha elasmoth done now to figure out skormoth as second kb nearly ready lol
 Asura.Zanosuz
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: zanosuz
By Asura.Zanosuz 2015-11-13 09:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering if its gabbrath or cerberus meat for Skormoth.

A side note: Distilled Water strongly resonates with the Dragon Hatchling, not just fruits like BGwiki states..
 Lakshmi.Yumeara
Server: Lakshmi
user: Yumeara
By Lakshmi.Yumeara 2015-11-13 15:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone found a way to raise Elsamoth past .5 stars? I have tried every type of meat, and am currently cycling through different types of clusters.

So far everything has given a "not worthless" message.

If anyone has managed to raise Elsamoth past .5 stars, please share info!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-13 15:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It just takes a very long time. Keep feeding the usual I guess.
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-11-14 02:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah both my kb took forever start to 2 1/2 stars, second still at 2 lol, so keep feeding and it will get there as i expect them to be as bad. I have only had my elasmoth a couple of days and i just kept feeding it buffalo meat as guide said meat,fish or crystal.
 Asura.Zanosuz
user: zanosuz
By Asura.Zanosuz 2015-11-14 17:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zanosuz said: »
I've been trying to find what food Elasmoth likes, so far:

Meats Not Worthless
Fish Not Worthless
Clusters Not Worthless
Seeds Stares off
Greens Stares off
Liquids didn't like
Fungi Stares off
Fruits Stares off

Just to see if anything Strongly Resonates with it.
By TheRealGoat 2015-11-14 17:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How long does it take to get Behe/KB (no idea which it is lol) from 3 stars to the next level?

I need it to go up so that i can get my rank 7 KI.
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-11-17 11:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

me second king behemoth got to 2 1/2 stars and highly resonated to gabbrath meat but no squirm il try cerberus tom or try again and 3 stars i guess lol
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-11-17 11:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If its a king behemoth u need evolution food, if its a normal behemoth i'm not sure if you need savoury to evolve or if it will eventually do it itself.
If it went from a cub to a big behemoth it will only be a normal behemoth if u did not fed it a savoury shank, as it cant go from cub straight to king behemoth without a savoury.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-11-17 11:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and a friend tried literally every type of raw meat and looks like only Dragon meat can make King Behemoth evolve into Elasmoth (takes 1~8 tries though).

We'll be going down the same list again once Elasmoth hits 2.5 stars, starting with the more rare / expensive meat first.

Results will be posted in this thread as they come.
[+]
By TheRealGoat 2015-11-17 11:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the KB memento, so for sure it is KB.

Was just wondering how long it takes to get the rank 7 KI, the NPC hates me it seems and doesn't wanna give it to me. I am all the sads.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-11-17 18:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and for people expecting results to come within a day or two I'm sorry to say it'll take a lot longer.
Elasmoth grows incredibly slow: about half a star every two weeks it seems...
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-11-18 09:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No squirm on 3 star KB from Cerb Meat.
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-11-18 10:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm maybe as above said elasmoth turns to skormoth then if nothing but dragon meat will make Kb squirm hmmmm bum lol il have 2 slowga elasmoth in me garden soon then lol he he
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-18 10:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got 2 KBs, both at 2 stars, I'm going to just try every single food that hasn't been mentioned and see if anything happens. If nothing, I'll just kill one and make the other a Elasmoth, hopefully someone will have figured Skormoth out by then.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-11-18 10:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying to find what food Elasmoth likes, so far:

Meats Not Worthless
Fish Not Worthless
Clusters Not Worthless
Seeds Stares off
Greens Stares off
Liquids didn't like
Fungi Stares off
Fruits Stares off

Just to see if anything Strongly Resonates with it.

Shades of hecteyes it seems. Quite possibly the food is something that doesn't resonate strongly.
By Malebolge 2015-11-18 19:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Small cactuars squirm to Burdock, which they get "visibly angry" about when you feed it to them. So there's maybe something to that.
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-11-20 13:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

:D elasmoth gave me ki on 1/2 star, pure contentment and still feeding it buff meat
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-11-20 13:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Malebolge said: »
Small cactuars squirm to Burdock, which they get "visibly angry" about when you feed it to them. So there's maybe something to that.

Same deal with the slime. It doesn't like chimera blood but squirms to it. I traded it so many chimera bloods but it refuses to evolve into hecteyes and I just gave up a while ago. I don't know what else I can do to force it into evolution...
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-20 14:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

TheRealGoat said: »
I have the KB memento, so for sure it is KB.

Was just wondering how long it takes to get the rank 7 KI, the NPC hates me it seems and doesn't wanna give it to me. I am all the sads.

Try buying it from the skipper moogle in home nation.

As for king behemoth upgrade items, all meats and all crystals (tried these since they were added same time behemoth was) have been tried. Of those two categories only dragon meat caused KB to squirm at 2.5-3 stars.
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-11-22 03:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

getting the ki off moogle or npc is all based on continous feed and interaction with currect pets i dont know how many days it was betwen 6-7 but just keep feeding/interacting with pet and check each day it will come up eventually.
By TheRealGoat 2015-11-22 04:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ty
 Asura.Baddog
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2015-12-07 17:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

bg wiki just updated to feeding gabbrath meat to elasmoth evolves it to skormoth, havn't found the source yet
 Asura.Baddog
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2015-12-07 17:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

found it
bluegartr forum
[+]
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-12-08 13:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

sweet im only at 1 1/2 stars at mo il have skormoth by christmas i hope ;D
By Fentoozler 2015-12-15 14:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

if this helps anyone. i went from cub to kb with savory. then kb to elasamoth with dragon meat thinking that was it. now, bg has it that elasamoth goes to skormoth with gabbrath meat making it a 5 stage evolution. i fed my elasamoth with 2 full stars gab meat and no evo message. only thing i can think of is to wait until 2.5 stars unless im already too late.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-12-15 14:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fentoozler said: »
if this helps anyone. i went from cub to kb with savory. then kb to elasamoth with dragon meat thinking that was it. now, bg has it that elasamoth goes to skormoth with gabbrath meat making it a 5 stage evolution. i fed my elasamoth with 2 full stars gab meat and no evo message. only thing i can think of is to wait until 2.5 stars unless im already too late.

You're probably just be too early, keep feeding it meat (buffalo or whatever) until you get to 2.5+ stars, then try Gabbrath Meat again.

The guy who reported on Skormoth on BG did note that he evolved his cub directly to KB w/ Savory (skipping regular Behemoth Stage). So, seems you're good but I'm not aware of a confirmed report of Skormoth for those who did the full Cub > Behe > KB > Elasmoth path (though it seems likely that would still work too, to get a Skormoth... just not yet explicitly confirmed to my knowledge)
By Fentoozler 2016-01-07 12:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

finally today my Elasamoth hit 3 full stars. I traded another gabby meat and presto! finally got the evo. it does take awhile. I thought it was a bust after trying the gabby meat at different intervals but seems has to be 3 full stars. hope this helps someone!
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2016-01-07 16:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fentoozler said: »
finally today my Elasamoth hit 3 full stars. I traded another gabby meat and presto! finally got the evo. it does take awhile. I thought it was a bust after trying the gabby meat at different intervals but seems has to be 3 full stars. hope this helps someone!

It just needs to be 2.5 stars.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-15 09:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I got King Behemoth Memento (have been feeding it random meat) from the behemoth I have never fed a Savory Shank. I thought it was still the same one I got Behemoth Memento. Apparently, I couldn't tell the difference and didn't notice it had evolved at all. That said, I can confirm that Savory Shank isn't needed to get your Behemoth to evolve.

I have also got my dragon hatchling to evolve into Abyssal Wyrm (i.e. Fafnir/Nidhogg texture) without feeding it Honey Wine.