Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SMN CP
SMN CP
First Page 2
 Hades.Ramorakomo
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
By Hades.Ramorakomo 2015-10-05 18:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Any suggested camps for SMN to CP? Any good ways to party up? Now that double exp is gone cping is a nightmare. I'll take all camp suggestions.
By Bamboom 2015-10-05 18:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey verdad, what do you mean bonuses from missions and rieve clears? Is there Roe that give bonus capacity points?
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
Server: Asura
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-10-07 03:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding to the CP Bonuses collected through RoE.
You have more reasons now than ever to do every storyline in this game including those of all three starter cities.
There is a 10% bonus for every storyline cleared.
[+]
By Elizabet 2015-10-07 03:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I havent done all 3 cities >.<; time to get going.
By Aeyela 2015-10-07 03:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a list awhile back after somebody told me on here about CP bonuses from RoE so I'd know what I needed to do to max CP bonuses.

30%: San d'Oria, Windurst & Bastok Rank 10 (10% each)
50%: Complete Zilart, Promathia, Aht Urhgan, Wings of the Goddess and Adoulin storylines (10% each)

10%: 10x Lair Reives (1% each)
26%: 13x Colonization Reives (2% each)
18%: 6x Wildskeeper Reives (3% each)

So a massive 134% bonus to CP on every job for completing all of the above.

As for soloing CP, I'd recommend trying to join or make a Moh Gates group sometime. As a SMN you have quite a lot to offer: decent damage and skill chains along with buffs that'll boost the DPS of the other jobs present. Most people will be happy for you to be there on SMN!
[+]
 Asura.Rakshaka
user: Rakshaka
By Asura.Rakshaka 2015-10-07 07:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also one shot Aerns in Escha Ru'Aun with Flaming Crush.
[+]
By minikomby 2015-10-07 07:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Smn is great job to cp evening solo, first cap bp delay to 30 secs, second go up to escha and spam flaming crush in everything, you can get chain 20 easy, don't forget to use tank healer cor and both moogle.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-10-07 08:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if you have them, using the Trust Kupofried will give another 10% bonus, and the cor Qultada will use Corsair's Roll, but only if you have a CP/XP ring active, so make sure you have plenty of those.

Also, the Vana'Clock from this past summers moogle/behemoth event gives Moghancement: Bounty, which is another 10%

All that, together with the RoE Reive/Mission bonuses, and you are at 154%, plus whatever Qultada gives you.
By Elizabet 2015-10-07 08:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you see that you got it? (I mean, I have all missions done for zilart / promathia etc...) but How do I check if I receive the bonus CP?
By Aeyela 2015-10-07 08:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The only one way is to see if you've completed the RoE in the list. Check the objective text and on the final ones it will say "First time completion will confer a X% capacity point bonus." Those are the ones that need to be done.
By Elizabet 2015-10-07 15:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Best CP farm I did was dho gates apex crabs. Any DD worth its salt that can selfSC Darkness can hold the mobsters attention well enough. Then geo for malaise, acumen, 2 blm magic bursting finishing them off.

I just buffed, kept haste, and MB with Shiva when convenient while giving Shiva favor. Keeping people cured wasn't hard at all. I brought more to the party there than a whm would since the curing req was low and the -NA need was nil.

Things were dying too fast for the BP timer and stuff was pulled too frequently. I think the context of CP party, our best niche is supporting parties with heals / buffs. I have yet to try what and where a group of a few smn could do.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-10-07 16:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN works well in a lot of the new apex camps because there are a lot of slow effects & attribute down effects. Pop Hastega2 & Ecliptic Growl and the party is immune to them. Makes the healer's job a heck of a lot easier.

That said, don't overlook the amount of CP you can get in Escha Ru'Aun in a group (everyone soloing their own mobs). The fastest CP party I've ever had was in Ru'Aun with 6 people soloing Aerns/Xzomits. I'd return to town after burning 1-2 Trizek charges and 7 Capacity Ring charges with something like 70-80 job points. Second fastest party was Moh Gates apex mobs. After burning the same number of charges there, when I headed back to town to dump job points I had 50-60. I got similar speed from a bat party in Woh Gates, less CP per mob but killing fast enough to make up for it. Walked away with ~55 job points after 7 Cap Ring charges. All of those were during double campaign.

Ru'Aun can be seriously awesome for CP. I've joined Ru'Aun groups and gotten 2 job points before I could even get my buffs up (which literally just means Reraise, Ifrit, Avatar's Favor, and Apogee).
 Siren.Blackroses
Server: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2015-10-08 12:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to try a bitt he camp, and I quiclky got chain 20, though I wasnt able to always one-shot them.

But I was wondwering: would Shiva benefit from, say Sylvie'S Trust indi-acumewn? I feel it would be woll worth dumps Apururur if I can use Sylvie for that matter.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-10-08 12:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately GEO bubbles don't benefit avatars. GEO debuffs do, of course (Frailty and such), but their buff bubbles like Acumen don't have any effect.
[+]
 Siren.Blackroses
By Siren.Blackroses 2015-10-08 12:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to improving my gear I guess ^^
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-10-08 12:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any trusts that use Languor? That could be an alternative.
 Siren.Blackroses
By Siren.Blackroses 2015-10-08 12:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No that I know of, but I will definitly keep an eye open.
By Elizabet 2015-10-09 00:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Are there any trusts that use Languor? That could be an alternative.

I don't think any trusts uses Indi-Debuff types of spells yet.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-09 02:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

My fastest CP burn to date was on Dho Gates crabs.
Alliance DPS was uh I forgot, but very high.
Over 4000k CP/hr.
Altough that doesn't tell a lot because it's highly dependant on your gifts etc.
Think we got around 150-160 JPs in an hour?
That was during double CP campaign of course.

Setup was tank + 2x SCH + 1x GEO + 1x WHM (which wasn't doing much lol) + something else that I forgot, a BLM maybe?

SCHs were taking turns in creating a SC, and everybody was nuking/doubleMBing.
Most of the times stuff was dying so fast I didn't have time to MB a second time on the same SC.
We could've probably dropped the BLM (which was AFK most of the time anyway) and used Kupofried for even more CP.

In a setup like the one above, a good SMN could easily take the WHM's spot and heal the tank (who wasn't taking much damage to begin with) and everybody else (Crab's AoE do a bit of damage with 20+ yalms).
Plus SMN can offer a wide range of nice buffs to mages. Hastega2, Stats from Fenrir, Mab aura from Shiva, Refresh aura from Diabolos, AoE heals from Leviatan or Garuda.
And SMN can MB as well.
By Elizabet 2015-10-09 02:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
1x WHM (which wasn't doing much lol) + something else that I forgot

Thanks for totally forgetting about me in there.... :P I kept y'all crazy fools alive and hasted and acc'd up and MAB aura from shiva with occasional Heavenly Strike's MB or to grab a woken up crab's attention.

We only hit 4000k+ CP/hour when the PLD and WHM left and replaced with a BLM and a BLU that was spamming Dark SC's for MB. This way we no longer had to wait for SCH's timers for SCs and a lot more MB was to be had.

This is the SMN's deal, we keep ***together, round up the rough edges, but we rarely get any credit for it!

IIRC, we had a bit over 5k party dps, which included the occasional person afk and over a 2hour party. Pretty tops.

The last 2 hour of the party the setup was blu as Tank / DD + sch + blm + geo + brd + smn.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-09 02:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the party we had together (which was still pretty awesome) had a different setup.
Wasn't it: BLU (tank! lol), COR, GEO, BRD (me?), SMN, uh... BLM?
I'm not really sure tbf. I remember it was a party I created, I was shouting and you sent me a tell.

The pt I was talking about above was a PT I just joined and had double SCH taking turns making SCs with Immanence, and a galka PLD tank, and a perma-AFK BLM lol.

Our pt was pretty good I have to say, after a few tweaks here and there we started rolling and the cp/hr was insane.
The amount I reached with this second pt I was talking about was even higher though. I swear sometimes I didn't have a chance to MB my own SCs because the crab would die sooner than my spell would finish cast lol.
We ran out of Crabs in the room at times and had to pull pugils xD
By Elizabet 2015-10-09 02:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

lol!!

I don't recall a COR, it was a sch, but we only had 1 sch who was our SC source (timers GG) before the blu joined since only melee we had was a PLD at start. But it rolled out rather well in the end.

Still point is, if you are going to bring a whm to crabs... look for a smn, you're likely to find one that's motivated and happy to have a break from soloing Acuex. He's gonna stand there and look pretty just like a whm will, but at leats there is a pet doing stuff... apparently.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
By Elizabet 2015-11-12 00:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also bring a dnc to self dark. Evis > rudras on every mobs. (Reverse flourish is avaible every pull.) Easiest Shiva MB's ever while providing MAB favor to the sch and blm we had.

At first the sch was making some SC, then he went full MB mode when we realised dnc can self dark every pulls. Seen 99999 heavenly's here too.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-11-12 10:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some camps in Reisenjima that show promise. I was at warp #3 killing Mantis/Ladybugs/Chapuli a few days back. It was just me and a BLM messing around, but stuff didn't feel much tougher than Escha Ru'Aun (Flaming Crush one-shotted everything) and the mobs were giving more CP. With two people in party, I was getting ~4500 CP per kill with no ring. Just be aware that Mantis have AOE melee attacks, and several things there can aggro especially at night. (There are a lot more mobs in this camp at night, by the way.)

*Edit: Ok the CP was slightly lower than I remembered, 4500 was with a chain going. I'm seeing anywhere from 2.5k to 5.5k CP per kill accounting for chains.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-11-12 11:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

We did pretty much just that using SMN doing nothing but Leviathan's Favor (I was sick), a BLM, and a SCH Immanence chaining, pretty much the same idea.

Apex mobs aren't apexy.
First Page 2