Boot the noob who breaks it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2015-10-02 19:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope so cause hate is all over the place. I casted klimaform on myself and got obliterated.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-10-02 19:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Anyone have one?

When we did it for clear, it was a horrible mess of bolstering, nuking, SCing, standing in a circle around it, deaths and tears. We barely beat it because we don't have many alternatives strategy wise for now.

Saw it 6 manned with PLD GEO BSTs and stuff by JPs so that still seems viable.

Other than that try to extract whatever you can from this:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Basically THFs rotating Faint I guess.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-02 20:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Anyone have one?

When we did it for clear, it was a horrible mess of bolstering, nuking, SCing, standing in a circle around it, deaths and tears. We barely beat it because we don't have many alternatives strategy wise for now.

Saw it 6 manned with PLD GEO BSTs and stuff by JPs so that still seems viable.

Other than that try to extract whatever you can from this:

Basically THFs rotating Faint I guess.

Thanks alot ^^; Don't think I'll be able to find decent DDs as pug group so I'll try the BST alternative.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-03 05:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got smashed trying it BST style. Anyone have another strat?
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-10-03 05:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD BLM GEO GEO WHM SCH.

Everyone should be standing very close to Seiryu: PLD in front. SCH to the right side. WHM to the left side and nukers in the back.

SCH takes off weapon when they are SCing so their nukes do 0 damage, thus don't pull hate from Seiryu(some people claim none-damaging spells can pull hate, but I've never seen SCH pull hate with weapon off in our 5 or so wins).

Bolster Vex/Attunement/Malaise/Languor and entrust Haste.

PLD should be /DRK and SCH and GEOs /BLM for stun. Right when 2nd spell for SC goes off, the PLD should stun first preemtivly before nukes hit, then SCH and GEO keep stunning until PLD establishes hate back.

Should be dead in 3 or 4 volleys depending on how well geared your mages are. Granted, you probably want really amazing mages in the first place before attempting this.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-10-03 08:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Granted, you probably want really amazing mages in the first place before attempting this.

Keep in mind everyone, this comes from the person with full HQ Amalric GEO and of course Idris when you consider the level of mages used.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-03 08:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty clear to me there's another thing to considser to control/avoid the Seiryu fixating on a specific target thing.
Look at that JP video, nobody ever pulls hate from Seiryu not even for half a second.

There's something at play and we still need to get it, imho.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-10-03 08:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Are they bouncing it using Conspirator or something? I know exactly zero Japanese, so it's hard for me to tell exactly what they're up to.

Does it have an Avoidance Down aura that would make it almost impossible to shield block? If enmity reset is an issue, perhaps a PLD/BLU with high enmity, low mp-cost spells could help with that. Plus, Cocoon is never a bad thing
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-03 08:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not enmity reset and it's not enmity decay.
It's more like "enmity ignore for a few secs" thing, and it triggers when someone does something, and when that happens Seiryu will "fixate" on that player and attempt to kill him basically with almost every action he performs.

There's something like this at play, we don't know what triggers it. Japanese players were either lucky or they found out how to avoid triggering this behaviour of Seiryu. Without that fight would be easy. Well, would still need tough Tanks, but it would be an ok fight.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-03 12:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
PLD BLM GEO GEO WHM SCH.

Everyone should be standing very close to Seiryu: PLD in front. SCH to the right side. WHM to the left side and nukers in the back.

SCH takes off weapon when they are SCing so their nukes do 0 damage, thus don't pull hate from Seiryu(some people claim none-damaging spells can pull hate, but I've never seen SCH pull hate with weapon off in our 5 or so wins).

Bolster Vex/Attunement/Malaise/Languor and entrust Haste.

PLD should be /DRK and SCH and GEOs /BLM for stun. Right when 2nd spell for SC goes off, the PLD should stun first preemtivly before nukes hit, then SCH and GEO keep stunning until PLD establishes hate back.

Should be dead in 3 or 4 volleys depending on how well geared your mages are. Granted, you probably want really amazing mages in the first place before attempting this.

I definitely have the people to do it but I still can't figure out the enmity trick. Can you post a vid?
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-10-03 14:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure the trick is elemental magic damage. That's what triggers him off and why the sch doing 0 dmg on skill chain doesn't pull hate.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-10-03 15:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said: »
pretty sure the trick is elemental magic damage. That's what triggers him off and why the sch doing 0 dmg on skill chain doesn't pull hate.
Doesn't need to be elemental dmg, casting luopans or bard songs on it is enough to have it do the same mechanic. We noticed that this is guaranteed to happen if it is readying or doing a tp move. Unsure if that happens whilst it is casting a spell.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2015-10-03 17:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD, WHM, SMN, GEO (Languor+Malaise), SCH (SC without weapon), COR (Puppet+Companion's Rolls, Ice Shot)

SPs made the fight 2~3 min shorter.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-03 17:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Huge thanks for the video. That'll be a big help for a lot of people, myself included.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-03 18:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just won thanks Papesse.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-10-03 18:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just won thanks Papesse.

What did you use and how did it go?
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-03 18:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Just won thanks Papesse.

What did you use and how did it go?

PLD WHM SCH GEO COR SMN. Same strat as Papesse's. Didn't use GEO's 2hr because it was down. First established hate on PLD, then languor/malaise non-idris GEO. 2 HR'd on SCH/SMN, did pull hate even w/o weapon and SC dmg doing 0. Although I died on SCH, the fight still went fast (3-4 mins).
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-04 15:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you unlock the new gods??
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-10-04 15:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
how do you unlock the new gods??
Trade 3 scraps of the related god to dremi to get the ki to pop.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-04 16:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
PLD, WHM, SMN, GEO (Languor+Malaise), SCH (SC without weapon), COR (Puppet+Companion's Rolls, Ice Shot)

SPs made the fight 2~3 min shorter.
We tried a similar setup with 12 people and 2 SMNs (and 1 RUN tank using Gambit and Rayke) and it wasn't that easy.
We killed it, but didn't have much time left and BPs weren't doing as much damage as in Papesse's video.

Our SMNs have Nirvana and pretty good gear, but no 5/5 Apogee+1 yet.
Astral Conduit x2 removed around 50% health, a bit more maybe.
Maybe we should've bolstered Malaise/Torpor at the same time for better results...
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-04 17:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They're pretty competent SMNs, even if they're not 5/5 with Apogee+1 (yet!). One is using Espiritus and the other I think perf augs Keraunos, which is still pretty nice, if not even arguably better than Espiritus. (less mab/macc, more BPdmg and Crit)
[+]
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-10-05 01:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I've noticed in delve and some other things, that it doesn't seem to be just hp that scales but other stats that'd account for less damage. Also be sure they aren't using Nirvana for a magical pact, use Espiritus (unless they get the small boost to work where you still use espiritus but have nirvana on just before). Did you use COR? Even a not well geared COR can make my heavenly strikes go from like 17-18k on a Zeid to over 23k. Maybe use magic accuracy (rolanberry +1) instead of all MAB as well. I'd try to use at least blaze of glory on your geo bubbles... haven't done it yet but just thinkin of stuff you might change.

I run with Sechs and we were using 1 cor in our setup for the smn. Besides having a lot of other people there must be some reason why dmg was not good. I did not blaze of glory my bubbles (which hindsight I should probably have), but I think the other geo did.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-05 01:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The first 10% (where damage was under 10k for each BP) is because we used the wrong bubble by mistake, so we had no Malaise up.
Once we fixed that BPs were doing around... 14k damage I think?
And that's with Gambit and Rayke up.

If we ever try this setup again (involving Astral Conduit) we need to remember to use Bolster, I think.
Had we bolstered that Malaise damage would've probably skyrocketed. I can see >30% damage increase, to say the least.

Think we gonna try with Melee setup next time though? Or at least I'm curious to try Melee setup.
One good thing I can say about this pet setup is that Hate was rock steady on the tanks. Seiryu didn't turn not even once, no "fixation" at all.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2015-10-05 02:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

14k dmg with Puppet roll, Languor, Malaise, Gambit and Rayke... silly question, the SMNs were MB'ing?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-05 02:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

MB off a SC created by a Scholar with Immanence. At least I know they were working together to MB off the SCH's SC. Not sure if they succeded or not, will ask them next time I'm online.
I took numbers from their words in pchat, I have damage filtered so I couldn't check it myself.

Also we were using an Idris GEO for Malaise and Languor. (No Blaze of Glory, no Ecliptic Attrition, no Bolster)
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-10-05 02:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like the GEOs did indi-lang/malaise and never actually acted on the mob or something else very vital wasn't being applied.

There's no damage gimmick to this NM and with the buffs you listed, even without bolster, there's no way damage should be that low. Unresisted Tier6 from BLM does 70-99K MB with just BoG malaise and normal languor to the pet form of this NM for Kirin and I doubt the stats vary between pet and real besides HP.
First Page 2