New 99 Pup (where To Start With Attachments)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » New 99 Pup (where to start with Attachments)
New 99 Pup (where to start with Attachments)
By Nemn 2015-09-30 09:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello All:

I recently came back to the game and finished off leveling my pup to 99. After reading around I have a pretty good idea about where I need to start heading gear wise for myself but need some help on were I need to go here in 2015 on getting my puppets set up. VE and SW specifically. Some starter Auto builds and them some final builds I could work towards would be very much appreciated. Also Am I limited in what I can use because I lack the 1200 jp bonus? Also is Optic Fiber still king or has it fallen off now that higher tier attachments have come into play? Thank you in advance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-30 11:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Optic Fiber remains one of the best attachments in the game, I literally always use it.

Yes, you are limited in what you can do without the 100jp or 1200jp gifts. 100jp is needed to really start doing things, 1200jp gives extreme amounts of flexibility.

Generally:
All Auto repair kits
All Armor Plates
All Mana Jammers
Heatsink(Depends on your gear)
These are useful regardless of whatever else your Automaton is doing.

Valor Edge
Strobe 1+2
Inhibitor 1+2(One of the best attachments in the game)
Turbo Charger 1+2(Also one of the best)
Target Marker(A must for high level content)
Coiler 1+2
All Tension Springs
Attuner(Specifically for Overdrive zerg)

Stormwalker
All Mana Tanks
Mana Converter
Tactical Processor
All Loudspeakers
All Tranquilizers
Vivi-valve 1+2
Damage Gauge
Mana Booster(Situational)

I don't think you should look to other people for Automaton builds. The way you play PUP really shapes how you should build your automaton. Different situations require different builds to be effective. It's better to understand what each attachment does and when it is useful or detrimental. Understanding what you are trying to accomplish and focusing in on that is another key aspect of building your Automaton properly. PUP IS NOT LIKE OTHER JOBS, YOU CANNOT JUST FOLLOW A GUIDE AND GET GOOD RESULTS.
[+]
By Nemn 2015-09-30 11:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
PUP IS NOT LIKE OTHER JOBS, YOU CANNOT JUST FOLLOW A GUIDE AND GET GOOD RESULTS.

Good to know. At least I can loosely go off of the template you gave me and then just dive in, experience stuff, and adapt from there. Thanks!
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-07 17:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

any way to make BLM not suck? lol ive put on IV and what not but still its just terrible. we could really use some kinda Pet: Magic Damage kinda deal weather by attachment or by gear

thoughts?
By dustinfoley 2015-10-09 11:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

For blm you need to use a set of taeon gear with pet mab/macc, and go from there. 1 piece of taeon gear is the equivalent of a loud speaker. Infact, with a full suit of taeon gear with +mab, you can drop all loud speakers.

I personally prefer
ice maker (required for good dmg)
mana booster
and the magic burst one

I dont really use the blm very often as, it pretty much requires the master to blow chunks, but i do use rdm quite often.

Just note, that without a KKK you will overload a lot trying to keep up dmg with ice maker/magic burst etc. Even with KKK, chances are you will over load quite a bit since its always ice/ice/ice(baby), and you will be deactivating every time you get to 0 mp, so you will never build up to the 5 minute maneuvers like you do with rng or valor pet.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-10 14:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ya they need spike Blm pet alot lol so unloved right now XD