Changes To Fame?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Changes to fame?
Changes to fame?
By Bamboom 2015-09-27 17:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they make any changes to fame with rhapsodies? I haven't done any fame farming and I was able to get all of the avatar forks and utsusemi. All I've done is rhapsodies and zilart/cop. Pretty happy but also confused lol
By Artemicion 2015-09-27 19:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The threshold for capping and advancing fame has been significantly reduced as of late. This helps to enable quests that would otherwise be tediously locked under the requisite of higher fame; which more often than not is achieved by grinding repeatables.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-09-27 19:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they didn't adjust fame, but they did adjust the level of fame needed for certain quests in the February 2014 update. They didn't publish an official list, but from what I read, it was all quests that the reward was a scroll to learn a magic spell as well as the Avatars.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-09-27 21:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They have adjusted fame, although I don't know when.

I was building up fame on a new character recently, and following the guides on Wikia, I turned in exactly enough items to achieve only level 3 fame in the cities, and level 4 fame in Tenshodo. When I checked with the fame-checker NPC's, all of them told me my fame was at the maximum level.

Not that I'm complaining, of course.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-09-28 13:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Add to this that the number of crystals traded to raise your rank bar when trying to unlock nation missions has been massively reduced too.

To the point that you get more crystals for completing each nation mission's ROE, than it takes to unlock any further missions.