Dawn II D/VD, Share Your Strats?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dawn II D/VD, share your strats?
Dawn II D/VD, share your strats?
 Leviathan.Airyl
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Airyl
By Leviathan.Airyl 2015-09-26 04:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

As title, cleared normal without a hitch, wiped when we tried to move up to difficult. The AoE spam cleared out the DDs faster than they could be healed, at least with the whm we had.

It was basically a pug, so i won't go into detail about the setup because it was random, but i'd like to read about what people have had success with and how much DT if any you would recommend.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-09-26 06:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Less DDs are more. Rather buff 1-2 DD hard and keep them buffed, than having 3 DDs hitting it. 30 minutes is plenty with no accidents.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-09-26 06:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Geo using vex and attunement helps. A lot.
That's all i have to say.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-09-26 07:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

on the first form, on VD, i just stood @ the melee and cured from there. was a breeze. if your healer cant/wont do that, get a different one. standard setup other than that though. attunement/vex on the second form, though.
 Leviathan.Airyl
Server: Leviathan
user: Airyl
By Leviathan.Airyl 2015-09-26 15:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Much obliged, thanks for your input everyone. =)
[+]
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-09-26 15:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing SAM THF GEO GEO BRD WHM, vex atune frailty fury. Had everyone stand in range, brd and whm in the back to avoid make believe conal attacks. Just make sure mages have a good supply of echo drops. All we did was 3 step darkness skillchain with the thf ending it with rudra.
By Aeyela 2015-09-26 15:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Mighty Guard on Phase 2 is a god send. It takes me back to the good ol' Embrava days. Makes the fight doable without a GEO, too. We won with RUN RNG BLU BST WHM pretty much because of said BLU.
By Draylo 2015-09-26 16:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring a BLU with decent gear and have him Sudden Lunge, makes the fight very easy.
By Elazar1 2015-09-26 16:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

2x whms, both are 2 boxed ,pld,x2 thf an Cor we normally clear in 12 mins. Not a hard fight at all just need good healers
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-09-26 17:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO 1-2, WHM, THF 1-3, back to back SA/TA 3 step darknesses
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-26 22:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

All of his WSs are magic Dark-based, so a RUN using Lux will shrug off just about anything he does. Other melees might want to sub /RUN too.
By Hannahmontana 2015-09-27 00:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

did that still tore me shreds lol. /run doesnt to help only marginal for those upper fights
By Hannahmontana 2015-09-27 00:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

wondering how BLU and that spell from shinyru does vs it.

those really could use the spell once with diffusion
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-27 01:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

scroll up
 Cerberus.Ephexis
Server: Cerberus
user: Ephexis
By Cerberus.Ephexis 2015-10-02 18:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried to do that setup, can't find a decent WHM on Cerberus for the life of me though.
 Cerberus.Warviper
Server: Cerberus
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-10-17 15:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been doing Dawn D triboxing with PLD/WAR + THF/WHM + RDM/BLM (STUN = Empty Salvations, Haste II and backup cures)
and its been REALLY easy once i figured out this strategy.

Trusts:
Apururu, Selhteus, Koru-Moru

PLD requiscat -> THF Rudras Storm. for dmg.

RDM Stun Empty Salvations and/or Infernal Deliveration if its right after a meteor.

When we enter THF/WHM casts as many buffs as he can for us before we engage.

The same is done when we are about to enter 2nd form == THF buff with Aquaveil, barstonra, barsilencera, protectra, shellra etc.
So we have buffs we can afford to loose instead of some important ones in case we dont stun an Empty Salvation.

Key to this fight is definately not to feed NM to much tp! So THF needs a mix of DT gear and subtle blow gear! and accuracy food.

Good luck all.
 Asura.Prophecyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Prophecyy 2015-10-17 19:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My friends and I tend to low man this as PLD SMN GEO WHM + koru and bard trusts. Attunement and Vex makes this fight very manageable as stated above. To the point where I use maybe 0-2 echo drops the entire run, and maybe get hit with amnesia just once. I find Koru tends to stay alive better than Apururu, and will stay in close range to the NM for curaga spam. You do need a WHM that is on the ball with aoe-cures.

When I'm on SMN, I like to skillchain with the PLD. Savage Blade > Flaming Crush, or Atonement > Volt Strike. When I'm doing Very Difficult, I always 1HR the second form immediately at the start which takes the mob from 100% - 40~% or even lower. After blood pact rage, I spam Earthern Ward to help manage the AOE damage, however this isn't always necessary on D, but helpful on VD.

We tried the exact same setup on VD except ditched bard trust for a BST friend. The fight became more difficult, due to the TP feed. We were getting hammered til the BST eventually died, then the PLD (trusts too), and WHM, before we won. Less is definitely more.

When I'm bored I solo this on Normal just for fun. Not really hard at all. I do have to use Carbuncle to remove silence on my trusts to stay alive tho. Only thing that has ever dropped for me solo was sword, if you're curious about solo TH0 drop rates.

Hope this helps.
By Yoshimuru 2015-10-17 20:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

did few runs on D with Idris GEO + me THF , with Vex/Attu its easy win