So Rules Question Where Are They?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » So rules question where are they?
So rules question where are they?
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2015-09-20 12:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Forum Rules:

For an in-depth explanation of the rules, read >>this thread<<. One common thing that I would like to address is the profanity filter. This is a feature that keeps our site alive and running. Without it Google would pull our ads and the site would die. Going against it is a direct strike against the site.

So this link doesn't go anywhere :x is there a link to rules elsewhere now?
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-09-20 12:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

maby it means to rules went out with windows 10? ANARCHY IS COMMING!
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-09-20 12:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
Shiva.Galbir said: »
Forum Rules:

For an in-depth explanation of the rules, read >>this thread<<. One common thing that I would like to address is the profanity filter. This is a feature that keeps our site alive and running. Without it Google would pull our ads and the site would die. Going against it is a direct strike against the site.

So this link doesn't go anywhere :x is there a link to rules elsewhere now?
Forum Rules

That link is dummied because the thread it links to was trashed due to a hiccup with the node last time the rules were altered.

EDIT: Galbir's thread, while a quality thread, is outdated.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-20 13:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a link to the forum rules below the posting field, to the right of Submit and Preview.

Should I make it more prominent?
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-09-20 13:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
There is a link to the forum rules below the posting field, to the right of Submit and Preview.

When I asked Scragg to put that link there, I had intended it to be a button like "Submit" and "Preview." >.>
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-20 13:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe a captcha type check box "yes I have read the forum rules" should appear for one week for anyone who breaks them?
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-20 13:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Maybe a captcha type check box "yes I have read the forum rules" should appear for one week for anyone who breaks them?

Thought about that, but everyone just hits checkboxes/etc automatically these days.

Besides, the vast majority of rule infractions come from people who know exactly what they're doing.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-20 13:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought about that, but everyone just hits checkboxes/etc automatically these days.

Besides, the vast majority of rule infractions come from people who know exactly what they're doing.

Ooooh, maybe make them do like a My Little Pony mini-game?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-09-20 13:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooooh, maybe make them do like a My Little Pony mini-game?
If you do this, I will start breaking rules.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2015-09-20 14:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

umm...wow i feel silly runnin around lookin for rule and it was right there :x

thanks found my answer in there ^^

edit: idk that it is not prominent it is just that is not where my mind went when i thought "hmmm where might the rules be..." maybe on the side bar between forums and donations slap in rules
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-09-20 14:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel as if perhaps that the forum rulls should be on the side menu. Perhaps on the left hand side. Or at least when you click forums.
Somewhere around here?
I mean I've been lurking for years. (Literally.) Never really notice it where it currently is.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-21 10:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Got to make it rainbowy.