Forum » FFXI » General » Thinking of coming back, but first
Thinking of coming back, but first
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-09-20 17:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss Vegetto, do you still keep in touch with Cbo?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-09-20 17:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen him in quite a while, but I talk to him on facebook from time to time and we're still in the same city. I just don't have a social live, so I never leave my house outside of obligations
 Odin.Tsukiya
Server: Odin
user: Tsukiji
By Odin.Tsukiya 2015-09-21 16:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »
Good luck with that. You'll feel lonely as soon you re-activate and find out that nobody play ffxi but hardcore players. Most content can be soloed with npcs (which is sad) but current endgame needs some people to get things done.

It may be difficult for you to find other players online that are not AFK, (because most servers are major ghost towns) I wouldn't bother paying 13$ Specially when patch 3.1 for ffxiv will get released very soon.

You seriously need to stop projecting your bad experiences on everybody else. I came back a month ago, with a brand new character at that. I picked up a pearl from the Linkshell concierge in Bastok, made new GREAT friends willing to help me out with any content I need, fun to chat with, I'm enjoying myself going through the missions from scratch and progressing way past before because nobody was ever around to do mission content when I was around before (because I'm a casual player and don't spend 10 hours a day logged in) and basically my experience is ten times better now than it was in 2007 or 2010.

Trusts making the game easier is in some ways unfortunate but it's necessary for those of us who aren't hardcore players, and after all nobody is forcing anyone to use trusts; you could go without. But my server is active, full of nice people and certainly not only "hardcores" or "afks".

It's unfortunate your experience sucks but that doesn't mean other people's do. TBH if I felt as sour as you do about the game I wouldn't be coming on this forum to talk about it, I would just move on. >.>
[+]
 Odin.Tsukiya
Server: Odin
user: Tsukiji
By Odin.Tsukiya 2015-09-21 16:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »
Why your acting so hysterical again?, I didn't stated that i will 100% resub (which i prolly won't) I don't see any entertainment at all when i feel lonely playing with npcs on a MMO and literally begging for some social interaction until makes you quit. That's why nobody bothers to play ffxi anymore (and a huge list of reasons as well) because ffxiv is better and relevant, it made ffxi players rejoice new and fresh content that everyone has been crying for years. Get over with.

Then don't resub, stop coming to the forums, and move on. Your weird adhesion to a game you don't like is kinda weird.

Also as for "ghost towns", all the start cities have major foot traffic, the likes I haven't seen in years. I actually was competing with another party for coffer keys in Garlaige a few days ago. It's not dead whatsoever, not even the low-level content. I don't even have SoA because there's so much else to do.

Oh and, RoV really isn't worth resubbing for. Stick with a game you won't have to complain about all day. You said it yourself, you'll pay and just complain you don't like it, and none of us really feel like having to listen to it, so just move on and everybody can be happy, yeah?
[+]