Some Questions Before Returning To The Game.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Some questions before returning to the game.
Some questions before returning to the game.
 Asura.Miizuki
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Miizuki
By Asura.Miizuki 2015-09-16 10:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post this so sorry if it is not.

So I was planning to return to FFXI after like a 6months break and I have seen that there had been a lot of updates and stuff that came out recently.

But I also heard that they were planning to end FFXI on Xbox and Playstation, I'm on PC so it does not matter for me but is there still a lot of people still playing the game because of this? I would like to know how much people are still playing on Asura.

I was also wondering, is RNG still a good job to play atm? because that's probably the job I liked the most on FFXI and probably the only I could play in event and stuff, also liked PLD but never had the chance to get my hand on an ochain or I would play it way much than that.

One of my problem was also that I never really founded an LS to do Event with since I'm playing in EU timezone, and had not the best stuff on the game either, so I was mostly doing all the shout by myself and stuff like that.
Is it still possible to shout and do all the new event that came out recently by simply shouting or you need an LS to do some of them?

And yea lastly I'm a bit lost in all the stuff that came out with the new abj. reforged AF3 and all that, what are the main event that people are doing atm and what job are mostly needed for them?

Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-09-16 10:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So, the first thing you're going to want to do is the Rhapsodies mission line: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Rhapsodies_of_Vanadiel_Missions

That gets you a wide array of passive boosts from KIs (extra XP, CP, shortened cooldowns on a number of activities). Someone else can speak more to endgame than I can, but doing RoV should be your first stop in any case, as its straightforward, easy, and rewarding.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Miizuki
By Asura.Miizuki 2015-09-16 10:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey thanks for the answer.

btw is there any Prerequisite to do these Rhapsodies of Vanadiel missions? think I might have read somewhere on the forum that you need to clear all the missions, cait sith, atomos and stuff I might be wrong though, because I still haven't done my WotG fully to the last one iirc, was a bit lazy.

And thanks for asking me to play with you Floppy if that does not bother, I also have a lot of free time atm so I might be playing often to get back some of my time lost on FFXI.

As for the job I don't really mind playing any of them, just had a preference for RNG so I will be playing what is needed for the new event.
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-09-16 10:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you need to have Cait Sith, Atomos, etc in order to proceed in the Rhapsody story line.

*Edit, for those that have finished WOTG, and do not have them yet. See other posts for details if you have not finished WOTG.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-16 11:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cyleena said: »
Yes, you need to have Cait Sith, Atomos, etc in order to proceed in the Rhapsody story line.
This isn't true, you only have to be at points in WotG story where Lilisette isn't MIA. You do have to do the Cait Sith and Atomos quests if you finished WotG, though.

Somewhere there was a list of the minimum amount of other missions you need to do to get to the latest RoV stuff, but I can't find it.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-09-16 12:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
This isn't true, you only have to be at points in WotG story where Lilisette isn't MIA. You do have to do the Cait Sith and Atomos quests if you finished WotG, though.

Somewhere there was a list of the minimum amount of other missions you need to do to get to the latest RoV stuff, but I can't find it.

Maybe that is why I was thinking it. Cause all the people I know who got stuck on it had WOTG done but did not have cait sith or atomos unlocked.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-09-16 12:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

You talking about this Jeanpaul?

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47076/rhapsodies-of-vanadiel-mission-v2-step-by-step

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-16 12:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You actually don't need WotG completed for rhapsodies. You need up to mission 7, "in the name of the father", but if you go too far you'll lose the ability to progress temporarily at certain points.

You can get to there in 3-4 hours.

For CoP, it's 3-3. For toau, it's salvage access.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-09-16 12:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Posted from Inx on Ragnarok server at http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47076/rhapsodies-of-vanadiel-mission-v2-step-by-step/6/

Just in case anyone is wondering what the absolute MINIMUM expansion progress requirements are, after some experimentation across a bunch of characters I've discovered the following.

CoP: Complete 3-2 "A vessel without a captain". The CS at the Ducal Palace unlocks sequence leading to acquisition of Tenzen II and Prishe II trusts.

ToAU: Complete mission 11 "Imperial Schemes". (Watch CS in Salaheem's Sentinel's day wait after completing "Astral Waves"). This is sufficient for Nashmeira/Aphmau requirements and also Rhapsody in Crimson KI.

------------

WotG: Complete mission 7 "Purple is the new black". Win black dragon fight and watch all CS afterwards. The log will show mission as "In the Name of the Father". This completes Lillisette's trust requirements after you have the first CS with Cait Sith at Batallia maw from RoV. You will receive the trust after the CS with her talking about "dreams" upon next zone-in to S.Sandy[s] by any means.

However, only after seeing the CS in Walk Of Echoes (Use Xarcabard[S] entrance) and returning to the Batallia Maw will you be able to progress into RoV mission 2-17 "Sacrifice". Unsure if the WoE CS is absolutely neccessary, but its a simple additional step with the HP just outside.

RotZ: Complete mission 4 "The Temple of Uggalepih". Again, all CS must be watched after BC, log will show "Headstone Pilgrimage" as current. Everyone seems to forget about this, but without it RoV 2-25 cannot complete!

This achieved you may push straight through to the current end-point RoV 2-41 collecting all remaining trusts and Rhapsody KI's along the way.

------------

All info confirmed 100% correct @ 22/8/15.

Last note: Passing these minimums may block you. I'm posting this as a minimalist guide for somebody wanting to push a fresh char or mule through.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Miizuki
By Asura.Miizuki 2015-09-16 13:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the info about RoV, much appreciated.

It should be okay Floppy, I usually don't have problem to stand with anyone^^

Iirc, I have completed SoA until the point where you get the ring, if there are not any new missions that came out.
Also done CoP & RotZ, ToaU until salvage and for WotG I don't remember but I think I was farther than the mission 7 but I don't understand something, don't we need to finish WotG to get Cait Sith and Atomos?
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-09-17 13:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Miizuki said: »
Thanks for all the info about RoV, much appreciated.

It should be okay Floppy, I usually don't have problem to stand with anyone^^

Iirc, I have completed SoA until the point where you get the ring, if there are not any new missions that came out.
Also done CoP & RotZ, ToaU until salvage and for WotG I don't remember but I think I was farther than the mission 7 but I don't understand something, don't we need to finish WotG to get Cait Sith and Atomos?

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/42498/getting-cait-sith-avatar/

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Champion_of_the_Dawn

For Atomos have to have Cait Sith done, Lest we forget, and have completed the Trust initiation quest in one of San d'Oria, Bastok, or Windurst.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/A_Forbidden_Reunion
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-17 13:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You do need to finish WotG to get Cait Sith and Atomos summons, but neither they nor finishing WotG are required to advance in RoV.

Post deleted by User.