Pokémon GO! - (Savage)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 61 62 63
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-22 15:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

https://github.com/mchristopher/PokemonGo-DesktopMap/releases

best pokeradar I've found by far
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-22 15:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Carrelo said: »
Wait, so they all have equal potential CP? A magikarp I caught at Lv5 will cap out at the same number as one I caught at Lv15?

Correct. The CP values do not change. I had in mind that you could potentially get one higher/lower, but that is not the case. The cap at the end is ultimately the same. It appears that the multiplier is affected (upon evolution) based on the cp of the pokemon pre-evolution. I have not read anything that stated that pokemon have different MAX cp values, only HP (Proth mentioned, XS/XL > affects HP).

I have just recently learned this myself, which is why I immediately stopped using stardust and just caught everything on my screen. There is no point in catching Clefairy now and leveling her up manually, when I can catch her 12 levels later and use the stardust then.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-22 15:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, so they all have equal potential CP? A magikarp I caught at Lv5 will cap out at the same number as one I caught at Lv15?
^ This. I need to learn to word like this.
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-22 15:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Correct. The CP values do not change. I had in mind that you could potentially get one higher/lower, but that is not the case. The cap at the end is ultimately the same. It appears that the multiplier is affected (upon evolution) based on the cp of the pokemon pre-evolution. I have not read anything that stated that pokemon have different MAX cp values, only HP (Proth mentioned, affects HP).

I have just recently learned this myself, which is why I immediately stopped using stardust and just caught everything on my screen. There is no point in catching Clefairy now and leveling her up manually, when I can catch her 12 levels later and use the stardust then.
That's kind of disappointing! :/ One of the main attractions of these games has always been finding pokemon that are genetically superior to the competition. XD
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-22 15:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct. The CP values do not change. I had in mind that you could potentially get one higher/lower, but that is not the case. The cap at the end is ultimately the same. It appears that the multiplier is affected (upon evolution) based on the cp of the pokemon pre-evolution. I have not read anything that stated that pokemon have different MAX cp values, only HP (Proth mentioned, affects HP).

That's kind of disappointing! :/ One of the main attractions of these games has always been finding pokemon that are genetically superior to the competition. XD

I agree. To piggyback off of Proth and your comments, I just got a 475 eevee from an egg, which is really high for a tier 1. However, since I know I can totally potentially catch a higher one in the wild, im skeptical about evolving it.

Which brings up a pretty interesting decision here: evolve the high pokemon you have now, or take your chances catching it in the open field and then hope its higher than your current one. Some people may just get impatient and find its much easier to raise one than go looking for a higher level one. Two paths to the same eventuality.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-22 15:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I should also mention and clarify my previous comments, just so I'm not incorrectly leading people to think all pokemon caught in the wild can just be the same strength at lvl40. In terms of CP, they will cap at the same. However, HP will vary, and the moveset (very important) will also vary. I currently have a 500+ CP Staryu that does not have Water Gun (got it from evolving egg hatching). I actually just threw out a 400~ Staryu that had Water Gun. I am now kicking myself, because Water Gun is one of the fastest moves in the game, and I would rather have a medium-Staryu with Water Gun (for evolution) than a higher Staryu without it. And I am fearing if I evolve into Starmie, my pokemon will not automatically learn Water Gun, and i'll waste 50 candies.

So you do have to be diligent in your pokemon raising. Its not just about arbitrarily leveling up a pokemon that is high cp, as there are many factors to consider outside of that. Of course, if your goal is to simply be frugal and have the highest CP 'mon, then by all means.

So in short, although CP is the determining factor of overall strength, don't skimp on the pokemon's HP and moveset. Its very important later on, and for Gym conquering.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-22 16:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

just set up remote desktop on my tablet and a handlebar tablet mount for my bike so i can use it as a mobile pokeradar
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-22 16:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
just set up remote desktop on my tablet and a handlebar tablet mount for my bike so i can use it as a mobile pokeradar

You can... use that here?!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-22 16:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That's really cool Proth. I had in mind the same thing with my computer and the python script. Is this easier than plugging in the coordinates every time you move?
By Bloodrose 2016-07-22 17:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My Jesus Bird has Hurricane!

Also, are the pokemon Go servers for apple devices down? My brother uses Pokémon Go on his iphone, but servers are down, while I use my HTC M9, and everything is up for android.
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-22 17:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using an iphone and it seems to be working right now (able to log in, no endlessly spinning white pokeball), but I'm also not moving or trying to catch things either.

I didn't think there were different servers for different devices, so it should just be a matter of luck until he can get on. :)
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-22 18:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, gonna answer a few questions that I missed. Took some meds that knocked me out and wasnt able to eariler.

-The potential CP is significantly higher on a lv 15 pokemon vs lv 5. The potential CP of a wild pokemon will cap out at lv 30.

For example, lets use a pokemon that doesnt evolve:
Lv 5 Tauros might cap out at 150 CP at full arc.
Lv 15 Tauros might cap out at 450 CP full arc.
Lv 30 Tauros might cap out at 1150 CP full arc.

Each time you level, your arc expands slightly. How much, I am not certain. Each power up at certain capture points will high a higher CP gain upon powering up past full arc.

Lv 5 might get 10CP
Lv 15 might get 20CP
Lv 30 might get 30CP

Therefore using these hypothetical numbers, If you were to level each one:
Lv 5 maxed to 40: 500CP base
Lv 15 maxed to 40: 950CP base
Lv 30 maxed to 40: 1450CP base

After doing more research, that is a lie. Yes, every pokemon has the same base end stats. My apologies.

Now, not every pokemon is made equally. Just like in the normal games, Pokemon have hidden stats called IVs.

IV's are Individual Values unique to each pokemon. In PGO, there are 3 IVs; Attack, Defense, Stamina. Each of these IVs cap out at 15 and are individual of each other. Due to these IVs, a lv 30 Tauros maxed might have CP 1550/HP 150. while one has 1480/HP175. This is due to the pokemons IVs.

https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator is a good tool to find out exactly what your pokemons IVs are.

------------------------

The random curve ball may be the way you release your finger on the screen. I figured out 2 ways to trick the game into thinking you threw a curve ball, both without that dumb spinning thing. First is to put the pokemon in either side of the screen and swipe diagonally. The second it a little trickier. You want to hold flick straight like you would normally toss it, but right before you let go, do a slight cresent moon with your finger, kinda like how a bowler throws his ball to make it curve. I've been having a little trouble perfecting this, but it does work.

It /may/ be curving due to that, thought I'm not saying it is. I also have this Razz Berry curve ball thing, so it may be something to do with it.

------------------------

Pokemon evade/flee rate gets insane the higher you level. Even top trainers hard a hard time catching low cp pokemon due to this. Unsure if it's a bug (since the higher you level, the higher cp the pokemon youre able to get, but the game telling itself that 10cp weedle is 300cp.) Will probably get sorted out in the future.

------------------------

After 2am EST, pokevision was down for me. AU/Asia server load while west coasts sleep? Also, you can click multiple streets each 30 seconds to expand upon your radius. Note: If others around you are using the same app, and you click around where they are, they will instantly appear. It's not perfect finding all the pokemon right away, I'm sure, but it's worked for me every time once I did locate it. (Had an Ivysaur show up on my ingame radar, but took me 2 minutes to locate on pokevision.

-------------------------
Got stuff to do though, if I missed any, let me know and I'll try and help.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-22 18:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jiko said: »
Each time you level, your arc expands slightly. How much, I am not certain.
I've read two power-ups per trainer level.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-07-22 18:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

so walking back home, I ran into this:

and also, managed to see a charmander, but didnt have any pokeballs on me...
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-22 19:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Cerberus.Jiko said: »
Each time you level, your arc expands slightly. How much, I am not certain.
I've read two power-ups per trainer level.

Lack of star dust or id try. leveling up in 5k xp
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-22 19:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That's really cool Proth. I had in mind the same thing with my computer and the python script. Is this easier than plugging in the coordinates every time you move?

You need to input coordinates every time you want to move the scan but for the radius I do biking/walking setting it to 10 and keeping it centered on my house works out fine. If needed I can take a pit stop and scan around another location, mostly I only use it if I see a rare on in-game radar in order to pinpoint it.

Just did my second 5km of the day, total 10km today with about 10k steps, best "workout" (walking isn't the best but it's something to restart with) I've done in a year or more. Caught this at the halfway mark:

My pokebank:

Will go out again for one last walk later if I feel like it. GOnna do this every couple days.

Named Lapras after my gf, perfect name imo.
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-22 19:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Were those Tauros hatched? :O
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-22 20:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope they spawn a lot around here. Eevee, Bulbasaur, Slowpokes, etc. really common for me. I know Taurus are NA exclusive atm for in-the-wild if you're somewhere else.4

O yea, new pokemon today if I can remember them all: Lapras, Tangela, Victreebell, Jigglypuff, Koffing, Sandshrew, Psyduck, Goldeen, Vulpix.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-22 20:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

have they determined the max speed at which you can travel and still get credit for hatching? I did a search for it and found massively different answers.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-22 20:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats on the Vulpix, I am jelly.

Lapras would be nice too.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-22 20:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
have they determined the max speed at which you can travel and still get credit for hatching?
I seem to get credit under 15 mph but it's probably closer to 5-10 mph.
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-22 20:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

have they determined the max speed at which you can travel and still get credit for hatching? I did a search for it and found massively different answers.
I've heard 12mph, which has been mostly consistent with my experience so far.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-22 20:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard 12mph, which has been mostly consistent with my experience so far.
*movie trailer voice*

He lives life at 12 mph, he is...

...Carrelo.
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-22 20:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

idk how to describe 12mph in a car other than excruciating lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-07-22 20:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a limit? I was walking home one time with Pokemon Go running when my mum happened to pass, picked me up to drive us home, egg hatched while she was driving.
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-07-22 20:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think your experience can vary due to connection/GPS problems. I've been out walking at significantly less than 12mph and not gotten any progress, suggesting that sometimes the game just isn't recording anything at all. Other times (well, really just one other time), I got several kilometers knocked off a 10km egg while riding in a car that barely dipped below 30mph, suggesting that a speed limit isn't always consistently applied.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-22 20:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It probably uses an algorithm that matches GPS data with expected travel times/patterns to determine egg progress. I've noticed that eggs only update on 5 or 10 minute "ticks", which is why an egg can read as ready without hatching for a little bit.

e.g. earlier I had a 5km egg @ 2.3km, it jumped from 2.3 to 2.6 which was not a reasonable amount of distance to have been covered in the time between checks.

meh
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-22 23:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished my weekly evolving session. Managed to get a few new faces, and hit level 20. Got a sweet amount of star dust, hopefully I can get to 100k by next week.

[+]
 Asura.Raelia
Server: Asura
user: Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2016-07-23 01:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-23 02:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I was incorrect in my theory, as after some research, every pokemon does have base end stats, whether it be lower on the arc or higher; eariler level caught or newer. What changes the values are the pokemons IVs. Thats what was throwing me off.

Use the (IV Calculator) I posted about the IVs to decide whether or not if you want to keep said pokemon due to stardust/candy to perfect% ratio. We all know stardust and candy is a *** to come by. Also check out the (tier list) to determine if its really worth leveling that butterfree. Protip: It's not.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 61 62 63