Swapping BST Legs During TP Moves?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Swapping BST legs during TP moves?
Swapping BST legs during TP moves?
By Felgarr 2015-09-07 01:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi folks,
I wanted to ask a question about swapping gear during ready moves. I'm trying to get potent Ready damage will still maintaining a 10-second recast. Is it possible to perform a pet ready move and benefit from the following effects?

1.) Sic/Ready-5 seconds (from one of the 3 expansions)
2.) Acro Legs for Pet: MAB or M.Acc

I'm only using in-game macros:

/equipset 5 <wait.1>
/bstpet 2 <me>
/equipset 4

Both sets have Charmer's Merlin in offhand, and I have 10-second chards. However, ff my acro legs are in equipset #4, will they take effect? Is the <wait.1> too much time?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-09-07 06:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
/equipset precastready
/pet readymove <wait1>
/equipset potencyready

That's how I set mine up with in game macros.

The above was from the guide forum. I haven't tested it as I use GS to handle my swaps. Note that the wait comes after using the JA. I like to add a /recast Ready in my macro so that I can see the timer and how many charges I have left. It will also help you see if your swaps are working the way you want.

You also do not have to leave Charmer's Merlin in the off-hand during the midcast, that is, unless you are fighting along side the pet and need to keep your tp. Otherwise, switch to an axe with pet stats to further increase the potency of the ready move.
By Felgarr 2015-09-08 00:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Divinian said: »
/equipset precastready
/pet readymove <wait1>
/equipset potencyready

The above was from the guide forum. I haven't tested it as I use GS to handle my swaps. Note that the wait comes after using the JA. I like to add a /recast Ready in my macro so that I can see the timer and how many charges I have left. It will also help you see if your swaps are working the way you want.

You also do not have to leave Charmer's Merlin in the off-hand during the midcast, that is, unless you are fighting along side the pet and need to keep your tp. Otherwise, switch to an axe with pet stats to further increase the potency of the ready move.

So with <wait1> in the /pet command we get the effects of both pre and post Ready move? (so Sic/Ready-5 seconds and Acro legs for Pet: MAB?)

Is that correct?
By Felgarr 2015-09-12 02:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump. <Please forgive me>
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-09-12 07:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Fenrir.Divinian said: »
/equipset precastready
/pet readymove <wait1>
/equipset potencyready

So with <wait1> in the /pet command we get the effects of both pre and post Ready move? (so Sic/Ready-5 seconds and Acro legs for Pet: MAB?)

Is that correct?

Yep. You can test it out by adding the /recast Ready in the 4th line. The game will output the time it will take for the charge to be ready again and it will show you less than 10 seconds if it worked (and you have the gift).

Thing about pet JAs is the whole "pet readies blahblah move" thing which makes it similar to casting a spell on a mage job. Most JAs don't function this way and could never have a midcast set. So, as long as you have your dessultor tassets on before you use the ja you should have plenty of time to swap in your MAB/Atk pieces and receive the benefits of both.