2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » log in issues/crashing
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-09-02 17:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

running ffxi on my laptop will post specs in a sec basically I have windows 10 and use windower 4.1 it was working fine then all a sudden last night I was disconnected and now I can't seem to get pass the "play" option it stops working on my laptop then the program shuts down any advice/assistance would be greatly appreciated.
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-09-02 17:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you try loading up vanilla? What happens if you try?
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-09-02 17:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Divinian said: »
Did you try loading up vanilla? What happens if you try?

it loads vanilla ffxi it only crashes on pol through windower started last night
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-09-02 18:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you install any windows updates between the last successful launch of windower and the first time it started crashing?
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-09-02 18:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Divinian said: »
Did you install any windows updates between the last successful launch of windower and the first time it started crashing?

not that I can recall I just recently caught a ton of malware bs on my pc that I just got rid of so gonna give it a go now
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-09-02 18:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

nope still not working through windower
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-09-02 19:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone else hang this issue or have had it?
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-09-02 19:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You can search windows update history to see if there was one that sneaked past you. If there was one, you can use the restore point created and see if it was something in the update that did it. There has been a number of issues in 8 and 8.1 where windower will stop working (sometimes after an update) and will not work again without a full reinstall of the OS.

I know 10 is not 8, but I am sure most of the architecture is the same. There was also another thread in the ffxiah windower forum that was about this same issue and it did not appear to be resolved. I am not saying this is the same problem you have, but it may be worth a try if there was an update.

Otherwise, I would say check to make sure you have windows 10 compatable drivers for your video card, but if vanilla works, I would think you do. You can try going into config and see if the resolution is blanked out...and if it is adjust it with your settings.

If nothing works, you can create a post here:

Windower/Issues

The dev team for windower has said they will see a support issue here much faster than if it is on ffxiah.

Good luck.
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-09-02 19:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

thx sir