Child Sent Home School For Wonder Women Lunch Box

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Child sent home school for wonder women lunch box
Child sent home school for wonder women lunch box
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-27 22:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
I could tell you who is the mastermind of fear but that is another discussion for another thread.

Oh please, it's not like it's a secret. We all know this guy already.

[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-08-27 23:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I found out about this ***happening a few moments before from AlphaOmegaSin's twitter (I'm a follower of his).

I'd like to say this is "politically correct" *** gone awry, but it's just plain stupid. And I can't fault the teacher alone on this - The administration has to first agree to take such a disciplinary action regarding sending a child home from school.

***, I wore a T-shirt that was branded by Molson Canadian, which didn't even have it's logo, but a slogan that proudly stated "I AM CANADIAN!" on it, and was told by a teacher to flip it inside out, change into another shirt, or go home. Of course, he didn't have that kind of authority to force any of that on me, and I made sure he knew it. I asked what was so offensive or distracting about a shirt that said "I AM CANADIAN!", and he didn't have an answer, and then had to make something up. And here's the kicker, other kids were wearing clothing that was much more offensive and distracting. (Turned out, that teacher was a pedophile in the end)
[+]
By Sidiov 2015-08-28 00:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
(Turned out, that teacher was a pedophile in the end)
That's kind of like saying: Turned out the teacher was a teacher.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-28 06:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Fifty-two is an awfully specific number for ~20% of said group to think is the number of states. So yeah, I'd like to see the study if you find it.
Obama said it, so it must be true.

How many people believe there are 57 states?

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Yatenkou 2015-08-28 07:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-28 07:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Wonder Woman is cool and all, and while I think this is kind of silly, she did um...snap Maxwell Lord's neck. >_>;;

I mean, I'm pretty sure the lunch box didn't feature the panel image of WW doing that, but...ah what the hell. Okay what I am saying is I wish I had a Wonder Woman lunchbox showing her offing Maxwell Lord. -_-;;

You made me shoot milk out me nose!
[+]
By Zyla 2015-08-28 07:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently ppl are still under this misgiving that if you remove all things violent from every situation or environment that it will stop violence and violent thoughts/tendencies...

Srsly America, wake the F-up, humans are violent by nature alone and this isn't going to change no matter how many cartoon characters you ban from lunchboxes and apparel.

Personally i feel the only thing the school system is accomplishing by being this redundant on the violence issue is making it so the youth of our nation won't even know how to properly deal with violence when they encounter it, or how to protect themselves when thrust into a violent situation.

Violence is bad yes, there's no denying that, but shoving our heads in a hole to blind ourselves from it isn't going to help us in the slightest.
By Bloodrose 2015-08-28 07:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

"My pappy used to say that burying one's head in the sand made you dandy of a target"
By Yatenkou 2015-08-28 07:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Zyla said: »
Apparently ppl are still under this misgiving that if you remove all things violent from every situation or environment that it will stop violence and violent thoughts/tendencies...

Srsly America, wake the F-up, humans are violent by nature alone and this isn't going to change no matter how many cartoon characters you ban from lunchboxes and apparel.

Personally i feel the only thing the school system is accomplishing by being this redundant on the violence issue is making it so the youth of our nation won't even know how to properly deal with violence when they encounter it, or how to protect themselves when thrust into a violent situation.

Violence is bad yes, there's no denying that, but shoving our heads in a hole to blind ourselves from it isn't going to help us in the slightest.

Should let them watch some of those old sonic the hedgehog PSA's, they were cheesy but they covered stuff like what you should do if you came across a pervert or even finding a gun.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-28 07:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

People who love superheros a geeks, the most non-violent people around. I should know, since I am one.
Superheros teach honor and respect. They use violence only when there is no other choice. When WW snapped Maxwell Lord's neck, it was out of sheer desperation, and the other heros were even angry with her for doing that.
People are just looking for scapegoats to avoid the real issue: parents these days care too much about themselves and no longer teach values to their kids.
Parents who fight all the time, who get divorced. who chase after career and leave their kids to be watched by the tv, those things do more to make children violent that all the WW comics in the world combined.
But since it makes all the selfish people happy, schools just go with "no superheros in the building."
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-28 08:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yatenkou said: »
Should let them watch some of those old sonic the hedgehog PSA's
By Bloodrose 2015-08-28 08:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss those old episodes of Sonic the Hedgehog.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-08-28 09:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The demasculinization in this country is getting way out of hand. Not solve problems with violence, really? So when some bad people are harming others, whether it be robbery, rape, murder... you should not do any violent acts to stop them? Just let them have their way because our educators with their heads up their *** think it is preferable to be a coward. They need to wake the *** up.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-08-28 09:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This reminds me back when we used to get suspended just for having pokemon cards in elementary.
By Yatenkou 2015-08-28 09:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
This reminds me back when we used to get suspended just for having pokemon cards in elementary.

When I got suspended it was because the yugioh card I had had a magic circle on it and the teacher thought it was satanic.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-28 09:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

When I got suspended it was because the yugioh card I had had a magic circle on it and the teacher thought it was satanic.

Back when I was in school you had to do something really serious to get suspended. One guy threw a beaker of hydrochloric acid at another student's face, and another guy set the substitute teacher's hair on fire, and neither of them were suspended.

Suspended for having a "violent" lunchbox? That's just crazy.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-28 09:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-08-28 09:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

Back when I was in school you had to do something really serious to get suspended. One guy threw a beaker of hydrochloric acid at another student's face, and another guy set the substitute teacher's hair on fire, and neither of them were suspended.

Suspended for having a "violent" lunchbox? That's just crazy.
When I was in grade 8, some adult's 13 year old dickstain flung melted soldering compound at me, and hit both my arms while in an intro to electro tech class when she had to leave the room. When she came back, there were huge burns on my arms, but I was the one suspended for kicking the dumb *** in stomach out of self defense.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-28 09:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we doing storytime again?
By Bloodrose 2015-08-28 09:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Gather round, ye children. It has been far too long since we have regaled each other of our childhood nightmares, and the incompetence of our caregivers in authoritative positions.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-28 09:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Are we doing storytime again?
Sure!

One time in private school, this kid came in with the wrong uniform (he was wearing the Monday's August uniform instead of the Thursday's August uniform). He was suspended for 3 weeks because of it!

/outraged.jpg

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-28 10:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Nope, music time.
Don't clutter that ***outside of Ni >.>

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-28 10:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Should let them watch some of those old sonic the hedgehog PSA's

"no one has the right to touch you if you dont want them to" - Sonic

i wish that applied when i got my *** whooped as a kid...
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-28 10:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i nearly got thrown out of school myself for this shirt.

[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-28 10:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Quote:
Parents told their daughter’s Wonder Woman lunchbox is too violent for school

She may be the world’s premier cartoon heroine, but according to one school, Wonder Woman and her Golden Lasso of Truth are too are absolutely not suitable lunchbox fodder.

According to Redditor twines18, who posted a copy of the letter and offending lunchbox on Imgur, the lunchbox contravened the schools dress code which states children aren’t allowed to bring ‘violent images’ into the building.

The letter states: ‘We have defined “violent characters” as those who solve problems using violence. Super heroes certainly fall into that category.’

But despite much outrage on Reddit, twines18 pointed out that the child’s parents aren’t upset with the school. In fact, he claims they ‘find it more hilarious than anything.’

Still, it feels a bit extreme to us. Surely Wonder Woman is a force for good, not violence?

Source

Thanks feminism/liberals !
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-08-28 15:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So why are people taking an unsubstantiated post on Reddit at face value?

Post deleted by User.